Sali Hughes #4 The Keats of foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem with conflating is how reductive it can become, and that’s not cheering.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Quick interlude just to wish a warm welcome to the newbies who weren't lazy and sought the truth and the truth was found, glory be 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Quick interlude just to wish a warm welcome to the newbies who weren't lazy and sought the truth and the truth was found, glory be 🙏
I’m really glad I came across to find out what was what, you’ve all had me chuckling this evening.

Reactions: 12
Penultimate - I also noticed that she only thanked those with a blue tick. I thought that was very telling.
Yes I noticed that too. I imagine she thinks she’s above us plebs. I feel a right idiot for following her advice for as long as I did. They’re all saying how lovely and kind she is, so she must be a proper brown nose to anyone famous.

Reactions: 10
I looked at the FB GTL messages of support earlier and god love them so many say 'bullying is never acceptable' (and then the punch them in the tits bit but hey ho) and of course they are right. Earlier on my incel walk I thought should I feel sorry for SH? But then I thought duck it. We were all quietly chuntering along here in our foul pit (© Caitlin Moran's husband) very occasionally venturing out over to Insta or The Guardian to say 'coo ee about that smidge of botox' or 'Dear Charlotte darling again - really???' - nothing IMO horrible or frightening just alerting non Tattlers about things really. It is their money after all. No one has brought up her children unless it is to say yes she has children and the Tory stuff about her husband is mild as duck. She admits she has never looked here but says we have all been horribly threatening (slander???) but luckily she knows where we live. I'm afraid she dialled this all up and hoped for a pile on upsetting a lot of members here. She and her friends have said some disgusting threatening things about people here which no one here ever said about her. It is bizarre when you think she should look to much younger influencers (for that is what she is) and how they handle themselves (not that I don't think a lot of them downright irritating) as they seem to have grasped this is the downside to their very comfortable lives.

Reactions: 17
Yes I noticed that too. I imagine she thinks she’s above us plebs. I feel a right idiot for following her advice for as long as I did. They’re all saying how lovely and kind she is, so she must be a proper brown nose to anyone famous.
She also rushes to give advice to blue tickers, or anyone she knows who previously had an episode of being well known. Sarah Cawood got melifluous help a few weeks ago. SC was very gracious when describing her previous fame.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I doubt any of these women are actual friends, because you wouldn't allow one of your mates to walk around with lashes like one of them has. Even I as a childless and small breasted woman who can't even do proper maintenance would take my friend aside and tell them: No! Take them off now.

Anyway, I usually don't go on any forums, but I do follow a lot of British influencers because I just like reading about beauty. And have for yonks! Thanks for having me!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I looked at the FB GTL messages of support earlier and god love them so many say 'bullying is never acceptable' (and then the punch them in the tits bit but hey ho) and of course they are right. Earlier on my incel walk I thought should I feel sorry for SH? But then I thought duck it. We were all quietly chuntering along here in our foul pit (© Caitlin Moran's husband) very occasionally venturing out over to Insta or The Guardian to say 'coo ee about that smidge of botox' or 'Dear Charlotte darling again - really???' - nothing IMO horrible or frightening just alerting non Tattlers about things really. It is their money after all. No one has brought up her children unless it is to say yes she has children and the Tory stuff about her husband is mild as duck. She admits she has never looked here but says we have all been horribly threatening (slander???) but luckily she knows where we live. I'm afraid she dialled this all up and hoped for a pile on upsetting a lot of members here. She and her friends have said some disgusting threatening things about people here which no one here ever said about her. It is bizarre when you think she should look to much younger influencers (for that is what she is) and how they handle themselves (not that I don't think a lot of them downright irritating) as they seem to have grasped this is the downside to their very comfortable lives.
"Incel walk" is the funniest. Truly the walk of shame

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I doubt any of these women are actual friends, because you wouldn't allow one of your mates to walk around with lashes like one of them has. Even I as a childless and small breasted woman who can't even do proper maintenance would take my friend aside and tell them: No! Take them off now.
Know exactly who you mean!

I work with young people who genuinely have their lives ruined by bullies and “trolls”. I keep an eye out for examples of this to help teach them. I am utterly disgusted that this woman has over reacted to such an extent she has diminished the power of the language.
Yes, I’ve read the threads and noted her attitude to others. It’s shocking and harmful.
Sali Boo-Hoo-Hughes has done a lot of damage to genuine victims of bullying.
And that’s my two pence worth.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
This is gonna sound ridiculously trivial given all that's gone on but something I wanted to mention.

Sali would always talk about being ridiculously pale. She's NOT. I'm several shades paler than her. That's it.

Yes, I'm a grown woman and no, it's really not important - I just found it irritating!
I know!!!

Several times I've tried something (not bought thank god) based on her comparing things as 'pale enough for me the little welsh friendly ghost' and it was very orange on me. I'm assuming its because she didn't explain to people that after melasma she tanned the rest of her face to match (and that she thought it would make her seem more relatable to women of colour with difficulty finding a shade - i doubt it)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Im 28 and im not gonna lie i had no idea who the hell IK is, but jesus wept she is a fowl mouthed narcissistic bore 😂😂
What an embarassing woman. Why can none of these people see how entitled and detached from reality they have clearly become.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I notice they all seem to hate Giles Coren and call him all sorts of awful names which is a bit rich given IK's partner/husband EJ is the biggest thug going, I mean embarrassingly so but nobody dare mention that. I have to say I think Sali's husband is actually really handsome and does sound like a really decent, good man.

Reactions: 6

Anyway, I usually don't go on any forums, but I do follow a lot of British influencers because I just like reading about beauty. And have for yonks! Thanks for having me!
If it's who I think you mean, Mary Greenwell said something. I remember the woman in question saying Mary Greenwell had said something like 'Darling, you have two lashes...' I love Mary Greenwell.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I too purchased the Bioeffect EGF serum and found it really good! It fixed patches of facial eczema that has been there for 10-15 years. No influencer convinced me to buy it though! Don’t think I can afford to buy it again 🤣

You only need to look at Sali’s replies to her Insta followers to see how much disdain she has for ordinary people <spit>

Reactions: 9
If it's who I think you mean, Mary Greenwell said something. I remember the woman in question saying Mary Greenwell had said something like 'Darling, you have two lashes...' I love Mary Greenwell.
RUDE *psychoface*

I notice they all seem to hate Giles Coren and call him all sorts of awful names which is a bit rich given IK's partner/husband EJ is the biggest thug going, I mean embarrassingly so but nobody dare mention that. I have to say I think Sali's husband is actually really handsome and does sound like a really decent, good man.
What’s he doing with Sali then?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hello 👋 old timer SHB forum here. Like lots of others I saw the video, came here and suddenly clicked on what I’d felt uneasy about all this time.
In the ‘glory days’ of the forum I spent so much money on stuff that made no discernible difference, watched grown women fight over SPF, ‘childfree by choice, beauty counters, and so many others that I can’t remember/ even begin to dig back up again. And the thing that I’m beginning to realise is that I thought all this was NORMAL.
Turning on someone who disagrees with you? I would think well yes of course that’s normal because this isn’t the place, and shame on them for messing up our ‘happy place.’
I’m ashamed that I just did and said nothing because I thought it was just the way it works. What I’ve seen on here is a bunch of people chatting, wanging on (GAH) and any disagreement has been broadly pleasant. No queen bees. No ignoring newcomers. It’s bloody lovely.
Yes there have been some pretty close to the bone stuff but trolling? Bullying? Not in the slightest. I hope no-one has contacted her directly because yes that would be horrible. But having this space to set the world to rights is not a crime. And it’s a damn sight more polite than some of the stuff I’ve seen the blue tick crew wade into over the years - both publicly and on SHB.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Hello 👋 old timer SHB forum here. Like lots of others I saw the video, came here and suddenly clicked on what I’d felt uneasy about all this time.
In the ‘glory days’ of the forum I spent so much money on stuff that made no discernible difference, watched grown women fight over SPF, ‘childfree by choice, beauty counters, and so many others that I can’t remember/ even begin to dig back up again. And the thing that I’m beginning to realise is that I thought all this was NORMAL.
Turning on someone who disagrees with you? I would think well yes of course that’s normal because this isn’t the place, and shame on them for messing up our ‘happy place.’
I’m ashamed that I just did and said nothing because I thought it was just the way it works. What I’ve seen on here is a bunch of people chatting, wanging on (GAH) and any disagreement has been broadly pleasant. No queen bees. No ignoring newcomers. It’s bloody lovely.
Yes there have been some pretty close to the bone stuff but trolling? Bullying? Not in the slightest. I hope no-one has contacted her directly because yes that would be horrible. But having this space to set the world to rights is not a crime. And it’s a damn sight more polite than some of the stuff I’ve seen the blue tick crew wade into over the years - both publicly and on SHB.
Welcome! 👋

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.