Sali Hughes #4 The Keats of foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohhh I see Anna Saccone has offered her support on comments by the video and is there if Sali wants to talk:sneaky:. Lots of comments from celeb types not happy with this site.
Celeb types aka people with shared representation in the Mean Girl gang (or wannabees). We all know what happens to Mean Girls.

Reactions: 4
This is gonna sound ridiculously trivial given all that's gone on but something I wanted to mention.

Sali would always talk about being ridiculously pale. She's NOT. I'm several shades paler than her. That's it.

Yes, I'm a grown woman and no, it's really not important - I just found it irritating!
Yes!! She has the same sort of colouring as I do and yes we’re quite pale, but it’s the sort of pale where you can still very easily buy a foundation from any brand in Boots.

Reactions: 6
I also do always wonder about these 'cumbersome tits' when every picture I've ever seen of her she just looks.... normal?

Reactions: 4
I’ve just caught up and oh my god, those DP screengrabs are disgusting. There’s no way that doesn’t come across as sustained bullying. It makes me really angry. Can’t believe I used to like that whole girl gang. I’m an idiot!

Also, this is by-the-by, but I’ve never read Esther Walker refer to what a great shag Giles is but I’ve seen them out together a few times (not like a stalker, I live near them! ) and they’re so into each other, they have crazy levels of chemistry. I think that comes across in their podcast too.
I would say it's a give that Giles is a good shag,she doesn't need to mention it 😂

He was ridiculously funny on Supersizers with Sue Perkins, they were so hilarious together 😂

I'm not on Twitter but just had a quick Google and Sali says she made her ranty video 25 mins before she posted it because ' they were going to report ME for bullying' who is she talking about and who does she think people will report her to?

Last edited:
She also said that she sought legal advice before posting. Hmm sure you can get approval from your solicitor within 25 mins.

Reactions: 9
I would say it's a give that Giles is a good shag,she doesn't need to mention it 😂

He was ridiculously funny on Supersizers with Sue Perkins, they were so hilarious together 😂

I'm not on Twitter but just had a quick Google and Sali says she made her ranty video 25 mins before she posted it because ' they were going to report ME for bullying' who is she talking about and who does she think people will report her to?
I'm a bit unclear about all that - I was away with no internet while it all kicked off and don't fully understand it. I *think* it refers to SH liking a photo of someone's children on this thread, plus Caitlin Moran following people on Insta from this thread. There was more like that but I've forgotten - it's all back upthread I think. I imagine she thought she'd get in first. Allegedly.

Reactions: 2
Hello? Is that the police non - emergency line 101? I'd like to report an influencer for saying something I don't like.

I mean. Can you imagine? 😏

In all seriousness, that must have rattled her, because why would she immediately jump to that conclusion? All I saw was that people were wondering why she hadn't commented on the estee laundry bullying claims.

Reactions: 5
Just had to pop my 2 pence on here.

Thanks so much Sali for telling me about this place, really interesting read even if it has taken me a few days to read it all.

I've thought something has been off with her for a while, these threads are all the evidence that she's a spiteful individual and mixes with unpleasant people.

Re the police my DH has worked for police Scotland for over 10 years. He laughed that the police would ever get involved over peoples views on someone on instagram. In fact Sali and her friends are the only ones that could potentially be in trouble as they took the effort to trace people not in the public eye and pass on details to others with criminal records to threaten and intimidate. There is a potential real case there if someone wanted to pursue Sali for that!

As for liable that is a civil matter and the things said here would have to be untrue (and they're not as there's evidence) and no judge would take them seriously as social media comments would be treated like slander at worst as it's peoples opinions. She would need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone posting lies here has cost her money. It has next to no chance of winning and would loose tens of thousands in legal fees. It's all idle threats from Sali. To even get anyone's identifies she would have to apply to the high court and none of the messages here are even remotely close to what a judge would consider bad enough to get the information. If people were threatening her that would be another matter, but this is all just idle chat.

I'm howling at how this has all backfired in her face!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Hi i'm a newbie who just spent the last few days reading all of this. Wow. I was brought her by a stylist article which mentioned Tattlelife.

I've bought both of Sali's books and used to enjoy watching her ITB series. I have probably spent a horendous amount of time and money buying products Sali has recommended. I trusted her over many 'Influencer' types because she came across as someone who did her research and constantly mentioned how she had integrity over others within the beauty industry who were promoting products for sponserships etc. A lot of the stuff recommned by her is overpriced and overhyped. I hate how instrumental she thinks she is in the beauty imdustry, she clearly has some sort of saviour complex and narcissistic tendancies.
I always found her terrible on camera as she seemed so uncomfortable in front of it and came across as such a pretentious sycophant towards her guests, and sometimes they felt forced.
I've long noticed inconsistencies with her backstory and i think much of it has been embelleshed or left out, i think she spins certains lines to come across as more authentic and for the clout. She isn't working class and I've not really ever seen any evidence she was a make-up artist. I don't think she is a woke feminist, i think she supports others when it suits her and gains her praise.
A lot of her writing is mean and cutting. Especially towards those that happen to harbour a different opinion to her. I never knew how horrible and rude she is on Twitter, it seems so unnecessary. She certainly comes across as a bully, and her privileged media friends are atrocious. What they did to Dawn P is disgusting and pathetic. They have written ugly misogynistic crap in response to a perfectly harmless gossip thread. They all clearly spend so much of their life on Twitter, thats the sad part, how on earth do they manage to have time to be woke left wing journalists and authors?
They remind me of when Facebook was new and me and my friends would have silly public conversations to look cool. I cringe now at how lame we were and how hilarious we thought we were at the time. The difference is we were 15 year old girls and we didn't troll other girls.
Her rant video is one of the best things i have ever seen, my teacup slipped to the floor in outrage and shattered over the lies she was telling, she was spitting feathers!
She struck me as somone who's mad they've been caught out though, as apposed to someone who is genuinely scared to leave the house for fears of trolls and skidmarks.
As for her appropriating the word troll for her discription of you intelligent and hilarious people, how bleeping dare she! How do these threads compare to the people who get sent disgusting rape and death threats everyday on their socials releasing their addresses and phone numbers? Its beyond pathetic, by saying her life has been made hell because this it completely belittles some of the horendous trolling some people actually get. Especially as she has commited troll offenses herself!
I'm over her public Mother Theresa act too, she just has to go about it such a sanctimonious fashion. You can do nice things and not plaster it all over social media to strangers.
I will not be buying/watching/listening to anything she or her horrible friends are involved in. I feel embarssed to have bought into her lies for so long. People are allowed to think she is a phoney. The evidence is in these threads.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Just had to pop my 2 pence on here.

Thanks so much Sali for telling me about this place, really interesting read even if it has taken me a few days to read it all.

I've thought something has been off with her for a while, these threads are all the evidence that she's a spiteful individual and mixes with unpleasant people.

Re the police my DH has worked for police Scotland for over 10 years. He laughed that the police would ever get involved over peoples views on someone on instagram. In fact Sali and her friends are the only ones that could potentially be in trouble as they took the effort to trace people not in the public eye and pass on details to others with criminal records to threaten and intimidate. There is a potential real case there if someone wanted to pursue Sali for that!

As for liable that is a civil matter and the things said here would have to be untrue (and they're not as there's evidence) and no judge would take them seriously as social media comments would be treated like slander at worst as it's peoples opinions. She would need to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone posting lies here has cost her money. It has next to no chance of winning and would loose tens of thousands in legal fees. It's all idle threats from Sali. To even get anyone's identifies she would have to apply to the high court and none of the messages here are even remotely close to what a judge would consider bad enough to get the information. If people were threatening her that would be another matter, but this is all just idle chat.

I'm howling at how this has all backfired in her face!!
That is so interesting. Thank you. It is fascinating to read about people like yourself who came here after SHs video bracing yourself for the worst I'm sure for how disgusting and pointlessly spiteful and dangerous we all are - hopefully this is not the case! I think one of the most shocking things in all of this is - as you say - India Knight asking SH does she know who we are so she can send her husband round and SH replying 'yes all of them'. Now that as I said before is just plain bleeping wierd.

Just checked the IK tweet again for accuracy and it is worse than that - her husband wants to know if SH knows where we LIVE - to which she says 'literally yes'. WTAF. And we're the dangerous ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Maybe getting a thread on tattle is the new indication of having made it and all the blue ticks would like one? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I talk to my very close friends about my sex life, my children, etc. I tend to do so in private. But imagine tthat we were all in the pub and I was loudly saying my husband was a great shag and a Tory. The table next to us overheard and moved to the beer garden, where they started laughing at what the woman next to them was boasting about. I wouldn't go to the authorities if I happened to find out they'd be mocking me.
I follow Sali on instagram and twitter (although I never, ever go on the latter) and have never seen or heard her saying anything like this about her sex life but if I had, like other posters, I'd assume something was actually wrong with their relationship! What did she say exactly?

Reactions: 2
Well said Snazzycat from a fellow newbie. Only came to see the awfulness and realised there wasn’t any! Or rather only from drama queen Sali and her bully friends.

Another newbie here, I came to see what was being said, as there is a petition to shut the site down. All I found were a group of people questioning claims made. Surely we're allowed to do that, as the people SH aims her social media 'recommendations' at? I would never blindly follow a friend's recommendation without asking questions about the product. I feel a bit duped to be honest, I was full of rage at the bullies targetting Sali, when in fact I've found she's been far worse.

Reactions: 13

On the Giles and Sue show, the one where they did the Good Life self sufficiency set up was the best one, they were all so funny though. Sue’s meltdowns over the chickens were brilliant

Reactions: 5
That is so interesting. Thank you. It is fascinating to read about people like yourself who came here after SHs video bracing yourself for the worst I'm sure for how disgusting and pointlessly spiteful and dangerous we all are - hopefully this is not the case! I think one of the most shocking things in all of this is - as you say - India Knight asking SH does she know who we are so she can send her husband round and SH replying 'yes all of them'. Now that as I said before is just plain bleeping wierd.

Just checked the IK tweet again for accuracy and it is worse than that - her husband wants to know if SH knows where we LIVE - to which she says 'literally yes'. WTAF. And we're the dangerous ones.
I think a lot of folk must have seen the video, wondered just how bad it was, then came over here to have a look and realised it wasn't anything like she made out.

What I don't understand how she can have thought they wouldn't! Startling lack of critical thinking there.

Reactions: 10
I saw Sali's video on instagram on Saturday morning and felt complete sympathy for her. I even signed a petition to shut the place down! Out of curiosity, I searched for the site and, like many others, haven't come across anything posted here that seemed like what she was describing in her post. I haven't completely combed the threads on her, but I've given the recent ones a bloody good look. What strikes me as well - and I don't know if this is just people covering for themselves in the wake of her allegations - is that anything really inappropriate would be called out by the other users as well as the moderators.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
I've got legal advice = I texted a friend who is a solicitor
A tit one by the sounds of it. Sali responding to tricky questions on IG with responses along the lines of ‘My legal advisor has told me I can’t go into detail’ pisses me off. How convenient, you utter liar!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Another point that hasn't really been addressed is that no one actually called Lauren fat or ugly. Someone made a comment ages ago about how Sali chose Lauren because they're similar and something like "not as pretty or slim" but they posted the next day to say they'd had a few glasses of wine and felt bad. The words fat or ugly were certainly not used

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.