Sali Hughes #4 The Keats of foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we may have the title for the next thread (if there is one).
Hello everyone, another first timer here. Had never even heard of this site until I watched Sali’s video and have spent the last few days reading every thread on her - all very enlightening!
I thought she sounded like a bit of a knob more recently but have followed some recommendations - some good, some not, but genuinely didn’t know anything about the Lauren Luke or DoP stuff. Sali really does not come out of those well does she?!
Anyway, still a member on GTL (although have never posted), and this popped up this morning. I do hope it’s someone from on here - just seemed too timely to be a coincidence!
I thought posts were pre approved on there now? Msy be wrong. Haven't posted or replied since it was revived.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Last time I had a look at the FB group under SHs video someone had said they hoped people here get 'punched in the tits'. Lovely.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ohhh I see Anna Saccone has offered her support on comments by the video and is there if Sali wants to talk:sneaky:. Lots of comments from celeb types not happy with this site.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm another Mumsnet visitor.

I was intrigued by this story after Sali was an hole to me on Twitter a few months back (not on twitter now). She posted something very dramatic and sweeping statement-y like 'read those end of the week 'cant wait to get my bra off' tweets and thinks how can that be remotely comfortable' and i said something like 'I have small breasts and for me its a cultural expectation that we wear bras even when (some of us) don't need to, so yes its a relief when i take mine off' and she just went off at me about 'i didn't say that wasn't the case did I?' and something else very shrill and mean. I just thought 'what a twit' and moved on. Also noted how frequently she references her cumbersome big tits (dog whistle anyone?)

Then I saw a link to that video...eesh. The rage! the actual rage she was concealing. I thought she may pop at any moment. And then i thought wow that sounds really tit, having your kids and husband targeted. But then I've read this thread (over a few days) and I'm pretty horrified... at her.

Shes mean, cliquey, rude, snobby, stand offish, arse lickey until someones of no value to her anymore and cruel. God those Do'P tweets were ghastly. How can a grown woman go on like that? its 10 years ago so she was literally my age then. How embarrassing.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Lovely. Combining casual violence AND misogyny. But yay! Women standing together! and all that.
I know. I'm rarely on that group and never post and thought most of the people seem nice but that comment is just depressing.

Reactions: 3
Ohhh I see Anna Saccone has offered her support on comments by the video and is there if Sali wants to talk:sneaky:. Lots of comments from celeb types not happy with this site.
Must have taken time out from cold showering her kids to offer support 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I know. I'm rarely on that group and never post and thought most of the people seem nice but that comment is just depressing.
I’ve never been in there, but from experience Facebook groups can do strange things to some otherwise intelligent-seeming women. There’s a definite mob mentality that people get swept up in.

Reactions: 5
Yes, it reminded of those couples who are plagued by rumours and go on OK or Hello and say "We've never been so happy! He's my soulmate, the love of my life", only to divorce 6 months later. 🤣

Little anecdote: I used to work for a lawyer ages ago and found out she was dodgy, then I left. Few years later I saw an ad/statement on a publication where she was saying that "She was being the victim of a malicious campaign, people wanting to defame her with rumours, that her business was doing just fine, thank you very much, it's all a pack of lies". Few weeks later the police was called to her office following an altercation with a client. Last I heard she was trying to sell sand in the desert, or time share or some tit like that. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
Ha ha it’s definitely a tactic I’ve heard of somewhere before 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Did she really write that her husband is "a brilliant shag"? God, that's...I don't even know what that is. Repulsive? Ridiculous? Desperate? Bragging?
Answers on a postcard
Ime you usually find those who brag the most are doing so because it's not actually the case. It's like people who bleat on about how perfect their lives are and a few years down the line you discover that wasn't the case at all😉

Reactions: 3
I think the general consensus is that Sali is rude, arrogant and dismissive. We have garnered these opinions from direct contact with her. You don't WANT someone that you read/watch etc to be a rude witch, you actually want them to be pleasant, decent etc so it is when they are unnecessarily rude, as Hughes has been/is, that one is shocked and then discusses it with others. If she does not want people calling her rude then she should not be rude. This is basic stuff, not rocket science.

Ultimately this is her job. She puts herself all over YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, asks for people to get involved and watch her content, read her articles etc. In effect, we are putting money in her pocket. Someone then needs to explain to me why she thinks it is OK to act like a bitchy fifth former to everyone who is not in her media circle. Her manners and attitude is appalling. It truly beggars belief.

Reactions: 12
Had a look on Sali Hughes forum earlier. One woman spoke out more or less saying that she didn't agree with what the rest of the arse lickers on there were saying and was rudely told that while she probably entitled to her opinion, now wasn't the time or the place to air it.

But yeah, they're a 'supportive sisterhood' on there 🙄

Livvie, if you're on here and reading this, well bloody said! 👏

I think we may have the title for the next thread (if there is one).

I thought posts were pre approved on there now? Msy be wrong. Haven't posted or replied since it was revived.
I vote for that one. Excellent.

Women standing together against fuckwits, right? If not I look a right twazzock 😏

Reactions: 5
I’ve never been in there, but from experience Facebook groups can do strange things to some otherwise intelligent-seeming women. There’s a definite mob mentality that people get swept up in.
Ugh, 100%

I’m ashamed to say I was in a bitchy secret Facebook group and am embarrassed to look back on the things I said and how easy I got sucked into the toxic vibe of the place. I left as soon as I realised they’d set up a new secret group and I was one of a small number not invited 🤣

Not my finest hour.

Reactions: 4
One thing that's struck me reading through all of this - is the number of times SH has reacted with uncalled for rudeness/snippiness to people. Or got other people to do it on her behalf.

So bloody nasty. There's just no need. There's no requirement to be polite I guess but jeezo... you never know what somebody has going on in their lives and it doesn't hurt to be kind.

• Heart
Found this site because of Sali's "recommendation", and I'm not even British. Greetings from a country one might describe as the skid mark of Europe!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve just caught up and oh my god, those DP screengrabs are disgusting. There’s no way that doesn’t come across as sustained bullying. It makes me really angry. Can’t believe I used to like that whole girl gang. I’m an idiot!

Also, this is by-the-by, but I’ve never read Esther Walker refer to what a great shag Giles is but I’ve seen them out together a few times (not like a stalker, I live near them! ) and they’re so into each other, they have crazy levels of chemistry. I think that comes across in their podcast too.

Reactions: 8
This is gonna sound ridiculously trivial given all that's gone on but something I wanted to mention.

Sali would always talk about being ridiculously pale. She's NOT. I'm several shades paler than her. That's it.

Yes, I'm a grown woman and no, it's really not important - I just found it irritating!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.