Sali Hughes #4 The Keats of foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen another string of tweets, regarding Owen Jones and a difference of an opinion, March 2019. Towards the end she tells him ‘to duck off now, you
Desperate manic liar’. For which 1500 people agreed. Is this bullying? Abuse? He didn’t once swear at her.
Screenshot it!

Reactions: 1
Just looked at that retweet of IK's self-important "I wasn't asked to sign" bullshit and had a good laugh at this reply

1569795795850.png

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Exactly! Pitching a hissy fit because she wasn’t invited to sign the petition! The sheer dogged EGO of it. She tried to make out that people weren’t acknowledging her mixed heritage, instead of her maaaybe just not having enough media clout to be a signatory.

(I mean, it may not be that, I haven’t scanned through the 40 names who did sign to see if they’re less well-known than IK 😄)
The way those letter initiatives work is that they are usually circulated by people who know each other or move in the same circles. Lot of well known names on that letter. Good to know they don’t mix with egotistical bullies like India Knight!

Reactions: 4
It looks like her point on the Esther thing is that she thinks Giles behaved badly afterwards, so that’s ok. Not sure how the ‘what rich people will do for £1K’ bit plays into the not knowing them bit 🤷‍♀️
Giles Coren was a twit using a sock puppet which I'm sure he knows and couldn't care less about. I'm not sure if his whole public persona bears any relationship to how he really is. He certainly doesn't seem to care about making a complete tit of himself. A silly joke about GC being better looking than SH's husband becomes all that she refers to in her comment. She is s bleeping masterful manipulator, I'll give her that.

The Owen Jones stuff, they're both idiots in my opinion, OJ can also be a manipulative twit. But SH is very much not above making mental health slurs which us why I think she was just being careful on Friday and also possibly because Bethany Black is about 50 times cleverer and feistier than SH is *Valleysface*.

Reactions: 9
So, reading between the lines, Sali got India Knight (the girlfriend with a column in The Times) plus numerous other celeb mates to bombard The Guardian with Lauren Luke hate. And I’m sure there was no snobbery AT ALL about LL being working class and having no writer credentials.

“If you know nothing about beauty it teaches you nothing. And if you do know about beauty it’s kind of laughing at you.”

Holy tit!

And as for Sali putting herself forward as the only writer who could inject some intelligence into an otherwise vapid industry populated by morons...

It says a lot about her narcissism that she was willing to commit all that to print.

Reactions: 15
Also, one can really gauge the character of a person by the people they surround themselves with - look at Caitlin Moran making fun of the Nepalm girl in HTBAW. witch. And there’s India Knight. What a bleeping twit.
I have much to say about this but as I've been referred to on twitter "as one of the most spiteful ones" or some such I should probably give it a miss.
I've read HTBAW but don't know remember this. Is it to do with the Vietnam War photo or something else?

Reactions: 2
So, reading between the lines, Sali got India Knight (the girlfriend with a column in The Times) plus numerous other celeb mates to bombard The Guardian with Lauren Luke hate. And I’m sure there was no snobbery AT ALL about LL being working class and having no writer credentials.

“If you know nothing about beauty it teaches you nothing. And if you do know about beauty it’s kind of laughing at you.”

Holy tit!

And as for Sali putting herself forward as the only writer who could inject some intelligence into an otherwise vapid industry populated by morons...

It says a lot about her narcissism that she was willing to commit all that to print.
Aahhh OK I had Caitlin down as the Times friend but yes it could easily be India. Anyway the whole thing was unkind. I never ever felt Lauren Luke was laughing at me. Quite the opposite. But no doubt Sally could put an entirely different interpretation on the episode.

Reactions: 6
It’s kind of ironic that whilst Sali Huge made that Insta-video to try and stop people posting here, she drew so much attention to her own gossip thread that we’re loads more coming on here now, to see what she was on about!

I mean I have zero idea why she would be disliked (yet) but OMG she was a whinge bag in that video! She sounded like such a fake upper class snooty head mistress telling off a load of snooty upper class kids!

I don’t think I cba watching her videos (boring) but I’ll keep an eye out here for gossip about her [emoji16][emoji88]

Reactions: 11
It’s kind of ironic that whilst Sali Huge made that Insta-video to try and stop people posting here, she drew so much attention to her own gossip thread that we’re loads more coming on here now, to see what she was on about!

I mean I have zero idea why she would be disliked (yet) but OMG she was a whinge bag in that video! She sounded like such a fake upper class snooty head mistress telling off a load of snooty upper class kids!

I don’t think I cba watching her videos (boring) but I’ll keep an eye out here for gossip about her [emoji16][emoji88]
Snap! Silly woman has only added more attention to herself

Reactions: 5
I have much to say about this but as I've been referred to on twitter "as one of the most spiteful ones" or some such I should probably give it a miss.
duck it. If any of my mates spoke like this online or in the pub, I'd challenge it not laugh along. Perhaps I'm doing feminism wrong.

CM's husband mentioning the "relevant authorities" is still making me laugh. Which authorities would e relevant go this thread? The Kinsey Institute to analyse Mr Maier's sexual proficiency? Bravissmo's crack team of bra fitters to adjudicate on SH's knockers?

He mentioned Plato though so he is clearly a better person and knows more than us all (though I nearly cited Camus' The Rebel earlier but I decided I couldn't be arsed to find the page I wanted).

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
relevant authorities?

Imagine they're gonna have their gonna have to rope in a few different departments at Scotland Yard for this one.

Take a few detectives off knife crime, ponces and organised crime units.
When some anonymous people on the internet question the authenticity of a woman recommending products she got for free from companies that take her on junkets it means no stone left unturned. If our police service we can't help a woman earning over 50k a year whos recently lost child benefit who can they help.

Imagine the lead detective will ask the big questions

Was this abuse targeted directly at her? No sarg, it wasn't on Twitter. It was separate site you'd have to google your own name to find.

Was it overtly malicious? a couple of people mocked an uneven eyebrow and linked it to excessive botox use.

Have they been messaging her employers? Not as far as we can tell. Some people commented in comment sections of the articles shes written saying her advice is shoddy.

Did she really wear a jumper saying 'Lipstick, Literature, Liberalism' ? I'm sorry to report the jumper is real. We're in the process of trying to get it destroyed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Aren't proper journalists meant to do old-fashioned stuff like check their sources? And a bit of fact checking wouldn't go amiss before they all rush to sign Mummy Chelles' petition. If only they knew...

Aren't proper journalists meant to do old-fashioned stuff like check their sources? And a bit of fact checking wouldn't go amiss before they all rush to sign Mummy Chelles' petition. If only they knew...
A bit worrying in this age of (dread term) "fake news" isn't it? Perhaps it's not all due to Russian interference after all. It's cos half The Telegraph are Sali's mates (she actually said something like this on Twitter the other day).

relevant authorities?

Imagine they're gonna have their gonna have to rope in a few different departments at Scotland Yard for this one.

When some anonymous people on the internet question the authenticity of a woman recommending products she got for free from companies that take her on junkets it means no stone left unturned. If our police service we can't help a woman earning over 50k a year whos recently lost child benefit who can they help.

Was this abuse targeted directly at her? No sarg, it wasn't on Twitter. It was separate site you'd have to google your own name to find.

Was it overtly malicious? a couple of people mocked an uneven eyebrow and linked it to excessive botox use.

Have they been messaging her employers? Not as far as we can tell. Some people commented in comment sections of the articles shes written saying her advice is shoddy.

Did she really wear a jumper saying 'Lipstick, Literature, Liberalism' ? I'm sorry to report the jumper is real. We're in the process of trying to get it destroyed.
I expect Johnson will convene a COBRA meeting at some point tomorrow. It's actually worked out quite well for him, shifts the news cycle on to something other than his ongoing difficulties.

I never heard of them before but Clem Hooper and Cash Carraway both commented under one of SH's tweet (the one linking to her IG video) and kind of called each other out but did so civilly, acknowledged the other's feelings and apologised to each other. It was really impressive and refreshing (though they would doubtless think I'm a sad bitchy troll).

This tweet brought "duck you and your blusher" to mind. Or perhaps "duck you, you blusher".

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
duck it. If any of my mates spoke like this online or in the pub, I'd challenge it not laugh along. Perhaps I'm doing feminism wrong.

CM's husband mentioning the "relevant authorities" is still making me laugh. Which authorities would e relevant go this thread? The Kinsey Institute to analyse Mr Maier's sexual proficiency? Bravissmo's crack team of bra fitters to adjudicate on SH's knockers?

He mentioned Plato though so he is clearly a better person and knows more than us all (though I nearly cited Camus' The Rebel earlier but I decided I couldn't be arsed to find the page I wanted).
Those tweets mocking Diane Abbot (for what reason?!) are beyond grim. So much for supporting other women, Sali. You disgusting cow.

This is a form of racism. But given your own issues with race (FIVE YEARS before having a "woman of note" who is not white on your ITBW series speaks volumes) I am not even remotely surprised.

Reactions: 10
Those tweets mocking Diane Abbot (for what reason?!) are beyond grim. So much for supporting other women, Sali. You disgusting cow.
It shocked me so much at the time. It doesn't matter who it's about it's not funny. And what is the implication other than DA is a slag (can't think of another way if putting it). It's misogynistic and, in my opinion wouldn't have been said about a white woman. It's really bleeping gross and there's no way I'd laugh along with it.
I'm perplexed that anyone could not recognise the homophobia and sexism in JN's comment. Would it have been said about a heterosexual man? Would a heterosexual woman who had disappeared from the limelight be described as sucking on cock these days? A gay man? I don't think that they would.
I love swearing and am not adverse to a bit of bitchiness (my tongue is very firmly in my cheek) but these comments just come across as those of boorish men whose humour and desire to shock hasn't progressed since they were teen boys and whose attitudes to minorities are stuck in the eras when they actually were if that age. They might be lovely people, I'm sure they're very talented but they sound like utter cunts. (I'm sure they give a duck what I think, troll that I am).

relevant authorities?

This post really made me laugh. Bravo, tpreston.

This is a form of racism.

Yes, it's misogynoir. I included D Quantick's bit for context only, it doesn't make sense without.
It's not really surprising Caitlin "amusingly" described herself as "happy as a ******" in HTBAW (this is from memory but that's the gist) without pause for thought when she clearly hangs out with a bunch of cunts who seem to have only moderated their language (and possibly their views) when called out on twitter or seen others being called out.
Discussion of trans issues on GTL weren't exactly edifying either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I'm perplexed that anyone could not recognise the homophobia and sexism in JN's comment. Would it have been said about a heterosexual man? Would a heterosexual woman who had disappeared from the limelight be described as sucking on cock these days? A gay man? I don't think that they would.

Discussion of trans issues on GTL weren't exactly edifying either.
I didn't get #TheBadger reference...? As for GTL - I don't recall trans issues being discusses, but I do remember FeeBee comparing paedophiles to gay people. As a queer woman, I was FUMING.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.