Sali Hughes #4 The Keats of foundation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even if DOP bullied someone as a teenager - it was as a teenager. Not a 30 something woman.

Reactions: 8
Even if DOP bullied someone as a teenager - it was as a teenager. Not a 30 something woman.
Tbh, when I read what she did and said to this teenage girl it just sounded like most teenagers and it wasn’t sustained bullying it was a couple of instances. Eg. Didn’t invite her to a party, called her names. I think we’ve all been there..

Reactions: 2
Omg guys. I've been away for a couple of weeks and come back to this.
LOL i was only away for 12 hours yesterday and still haven’t caught up. I suggest making a pot of tea, a mug won’t hack it.

Knew nothing about the DP stuff. How can she for a moment think she has any moral high ground? Bet she is rabid that this thread hasn’t died off. Still, she has got quite a few new followers out of the debacle KERCHING £££

Reactions: 7
You can google Flo Parrot for the story.
I've just taken a look at that.

Now I'm not defending the situation, but Flo only mentions 2 things recorded in her diary over the space of her time at school with DP. 14/15 year old girls can be notoriously bitchy and cliquey and I'm sure DP would not respond like that now. We've all grown up a lot since our school days. Again, not defending the situation but I know I was a bit of a cow as a teenager and would hate to be judged now based on what I said as a child.

I don't think it can be compared to the way Sali Hughes (aged 34 at the time) went for DP over a sustained period on a public social media account.

Reactions: 12
Yes. It makes for uncomfortable reading but also I know of people who were teenage bullies who now deeply regret their behaviour. Hopefully DP (DOP as she is now) is one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Most people wouldn’t have a clue who she is!! 🙄 She’s got attention over this ffs
And gained 200k followers I heard (not fact checked)

I like to believe the truth will out, and thankfully in this case it didn’t take long.

That sounds incredibly smug doesn’t it? Oh well... 💅🏻
.......Except that most Insta followers who are licking her arse won’t ever find out about Saint Sali’s murky past as they won’t bother to look. I wish this conversation was going on over on Insta but that would mean WW3 😒

Reactions: 6
Yes, I saw this when it aired. Beforehand SH announced she was going on up against a Daily Mail writer to discuss the change in the law. I disagree with the policy but that's because it's based upon an individual's income rather than a household's (so a couple earning eg £39k each would not be affected but a single parent earning £40k would) because administering means tests adds an additional cost which partially offsets any notional saving and because some universality of provision is key to the success of the welfare state. Otherwise, higher tax payers start to think "why am I paying for other people's children/ healthcare etc, I've paid all this tax and don't get anything in return.
Anyway, I think SH assumed she would be up against a right wing "we must tighten our belts" type. It was Sonia Poulton who was very critical of austerity (dunno why she didn't research the other person, perhaps she wasn't told who it was). From what I remember SH spoke about the cost of living in Brighton, her mortgage payments, that she was recently divorced, a single parent. She may have mentioned the anomaly that a couple could earn £78k and not be affected but she was affected as her income exceeded £40k. Sonia Poulton made a comment that the reduction of the deficit was not a priority, that austerity was a political choice rather than an economic necessity. Sali rolled eyes or looked to camera as though Sonia was demented. Sali may even have said something about the need to reduce government spending. Sali's main focus was how she would be affected by the change, as far as I remember. She came across, to me, as put of her depth. Sonia Poulton is an unusual character and I don't like her - I think she is a bit of a conspiracy theorist but she came across as more knowledgable than Sali but not as calm.
Afterwards on GTL, Sali said that Eamon Holmes and Ruth Langsford came up to her afterwards to say they agreed with her ("secret lefties" was Sali's comment, I think). Sali previously hadn't liked EH (something about misjudging him might have been said but I might be wrong). Afterwards GTLers commented that Sali did really, well, was much more calm and measured than Sonia and looked fantastic. Either Sali or FeeBee commented about Sonia who I think had said during the show that she was also a single parent, 'can't imagine why she's single *bitchface*' or something along those lines.

I remember that very well. I also remember staying very quiet because I didn't agree with anything that Sally had said but obviously didn't want to say anything for fear of upsetting the hive mind.

Reactions: 4
you can stop saying 'if' Sali is reading this. There's no doubt she reading it, but will be taking none of the valid criticisms in due to her misplaced ego.

That jumper she's had made with 'lipstick, literature, liberalism' made my toes curl more than I thought a piece of knitwear possibly could. A large part of my body is curling in on itself.

Proper middle class, 'ironic' sorry not sorry FBPE flavoured gin live laugh love wineo'clock toploader twee bollocks.

Sali - you're reading this - burn that jumper. Go into your back garden and burn it. please. For all our sakes. No excuses. Light it up.

Whatever thought process you had when ordering - psychologists have sectioned people for less - you know now it wasn't clever or witty or ironic. Just smug twee shite. Torch it. Dont give it away, someone homeless doesn't deserve that in their life. The charity shop worker rifling through the donation pile doesn't deserve to read it. Burn it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I remember that very well. I also remember staying very quiet because I didn't agree with anything that Sally had said but obviously didn't want to say anything for fear of upsetting the hive mind.
Yes. They might have had to unleash "Emergency Bruce" 🙄

Yet another reason why you couldn't express your point if you disagreed with someone there. If you weren't given an abusive reply, then the conversation was immediately shutdown once Bruce was 'unleashed'.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Agreed, I must admit I unfollow anyone claiming Trolls, especially as a knee jerk reaction to critisism. Unless it is real trolling rather than gossip/truth/comment. I also find the followers nastiness worse.

I know someone who regularly works with Trinny. She really rates her - no gossip at all!
Hallelujah! That’s great news as I enjoy watching her on IG

That jumper shes had made with 'lipstick, literature, liberalism' made my toes curl more than i thought a piece of knitwear possibly could. A large part of my body is curling in on itself.

Proper middle class, 'ironic' sorry not sorry FBPE flavoured gin live laugh love wineo'clock toploader twee bollocks.

Sali - you're reading this - burn that jumper. Go into your back garden and burn it. please. For all our sakes. No excuses. Light it up.

Whatever thought process you had when ordering - psychologists have sectioned people for less - you know now it wasn't clever or witty or ironic. Just smug twee shite. Torch it. Dont give it away, the homeless desperate don't deserve that in their life. The charity shop worker rifling through the donation pile doesn't deserve to read it. Burn it.
bleeping hell, is that you, Jess Cartner-Morley?
You made me laugh. Thanks.

• Heart
Yes. They might have had to unleash "Emergency Bruce" 🙄

Yet another reason why you couldn't express your point if you disagreed with someone there. If you weren't given an abusive reply, then the conversation was immediately shutdown once Bruce was 'unleashed'.
Who or what was Bruce?

Dead 💀🤣 Especially at “Toploader”.

This is why this thread is my favourite. It’s not all about the bitching, you guys are hilarious.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.