Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes Sali came up with the 'democratically' affordable nugget. Onto which the Skingredients woman obviously leapt. She probably thought it was on the pricey side but hey ho if Sali says £50 is cheap who was she to argue.

And thank goodness Sali's book writing didn't prevent her from interviewing Jane Fonda.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
So Grazia has hit rock bottom by getting Sali to interview Jane Fonda. Really depressing.
Cue Sali waxing lyrical about her “idol”, whom I don’t believe she has ever mentioned before.
Never change, Sali.

edits: phone spelling, apologies.

Reactions: 11
Just watched the live with Cult Beauty founder and also Skingredients founder (never heard of it before tbh). Sali labouring on about how marvellous it was the products are so democratically priced and available to all. They sounded good tbf so I looked them up. All around the £50 mark. I seriously (and naively) thought she must mean under £20 at most.
On what bleeping planet is that democratically priced? Just say what it is - a luxury brand. So bleeping tone deaf of Sali to say that when the cost of living is spiralling. Plus no doubt she got the whole sodding range for free.
The three were reassuring each other 'well of course affordability is a relative thing isn't it' 'yes that's right it's all relative' 🤪
Sick of influencers and the beauty industry congratulating each other on launching yet more overpriced gunk.
(Oh she smugly mentioned in it she only ever buys jeans off ebay because they are cheaper and it is far more sustainable 😂 Like she gives an actual duck about sustainability. Or price).
Skingredients is white label stuff afaik and I wouldn’t regard the founder as being especially expert. Think CH lite. Wish I could say more but I’d doxx myself 🤣

According to Sali's website she wears Custard in the Nars creamy concealer. Whereas I am a Vanilla. So I suppose I am beyond 'deathly pale' and into corpse territory?💀
That’s not possible. They don’t come paler than Sali from the Valleys.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Watch out, she’ll petition for vanilla to be renamed custard so that she can pretend to be the “palest of them all”.
She obsesses over the weirdest stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Custard is such sn off-putting name. Skool custard with the leathery skin on the top scarred me for life. 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Watch out, she’ll petition for vanilla to be renamed custard so that she can pretend to be the “palest of them all”.
She obsesses over the weirdest stuff.
It comes as such a relief in life when you realise you are not exceptional in any way. Not especially clever, or funny, or small, or beautiful or pale or interesting, or quirky. Just a normal human.
I think most people come to this realisation quite early on mind you. Unless my exceptional gift was realise how unexceptional I was quite young 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
So Grazia has hit rock bottom by getting Sali to interview Jane Fonda. Really depressing.
Cue Sali waxing lyrical about her “idol”, whom I don’t believe she has ever mentioned before.
Never change, Sali.

edits: phone spelling, apologies.
Pretty Honest had a list of idols (or was it beautiful women?) and I don't believe Jane Fonda made the cut. Also, why is everything always always about her? "I had the battered vhs tapes, she taught me what it was like to a girl" etc. She's the interviewer, not the subject

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Shame the makeup counters (including L'Oreal) were so empty when I went to buy some shadow earlier today. Some of them were 90% bare.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
@WinterSolstice just saw your comment regarding Jennifer Rock and I completely agree! She clearly models herself on Hirons. It's crazy what she charges for 'consultations'

Reactions: 3
So a woman who advertises L’Oreal interviews another woman who advertises L’Oreal.

I imagine that L’Oreal themselves may well have chosen interviewer.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Also, why is everything always always about her? "I had the battered vhs tapes, she taught me what it was like to a girl" etc. She's the interviewer, not the subject
Sali does a great job of centering herself - JF is zooming *her*, waiting at *her* virtual front door.
JF looks like someone her age who has a lot of work done to her face. So disingenuous to talk 'beauty'/skincare without talking about that.

I wonder when JF was talking about the mental health benefits of exercising if Sali told her she hates exercise and never does

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Jane Fonda had indeed had a ton of cosmetic work done on her, however the difference is she is open about it and will happily give a long list of all her procedures.

Reactions: 19
I love the way in comments Nadine Baggott pulls rank and says she has met Jane Fonda TWICE 😂

And why are all the gushing sycophants 'running to the newsagent'? They do know that shitrag is available online?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I remember the Drew Barrymore ITB as Drew was lovely. Fun and bright.
I thought my memory must be playing tricks re Sali's involvement as I remembered her being quite odd for a lot of the video. Her usual wierd body language and rocking. The not listening to DB but examining products to say 'Yep. Got it. Love it'.
I haven't rewatched it but a lot of the comments say the same. A lot more don't tbf.
On the positives her hair looked so nice.

Odd she didn't cite Girls Aloud as a favourite interview subject.

• Haha
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.