Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regarding the guacamole on the turn, something else just occured to me. Doesn't guacamole have tomato so is therefore not totally green?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Sali's quite the artist's model. This one hasn't quite captured her nose as well as the Guardian one. Caroline Hirons' picture is also...er...interesting

Those illustrations are gorgeous.

Iā€™d love to see what she would have come up with if sheā€™d had some kind of visual references or knew what the subjects looked like.

Regarding the guacamole on the turn, something else just occured to me. Doesn't guacamole have tomato so is therefore not totally green?
Youā€™re right! She must have meant avocado. Or else chili pickle is passing off Tesco guac as the real thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The ā€˜Saliā€™ one I can see the merest ghost of a likeness but ā€˜Carolineā€™ is truly mystifying.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I don't think anyone judges anyone else for wanting to look their best, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think people are more frustrated with the impossible beauty standards on women and that women are expected to look 25 forever. It's just not realistic, procedures or tweakments or not. She is also far from 'deformed' and is still a striking woman
I think you're a little naive, everyone judges, some more vocally than others. I don't think women are expected to look 25 forever, I know I have never felt like this, I just want to look my best. However, and for now, I draw the line at procedures and tweakments and so far, haven't undergone anything. Since lockdown, I've even stopped dying my hair.

While you are correct and that she is still a striking woman, Evangelista is not happy with her looks. This is the bottom line. She feels deformed. I suppose that's the problem with great beauty, once it has faded, or been damaged in some way, it is hard to deal with. I can't help but feel she's damned whatever she says and does. It's an awful situation to be in and probably why she has been a recluse all these years.

I must admit I am very surprised how much sorrow (and sympathy) I feel for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think you're a little naive, everyone judges, some more vocally than others. I don't think women are expected to look 25 forever, I know I have never felt like this, I just want to look my best. However, and for now, I draw the line at procedures and tweakments and so far, haven't undergone anything. Since lockdown, I've even stopped dying my hair.

While you are correct and that she is still a striking woman, Evangelista is not happy with her looks. This is the bottom line. She feels deformed. I suppose that's the problem with great beauty, once it has faded, or been damaged in some way, it is hard to deal with. I can't help but feel she's damned whatever she says and does. It's an awful situation to be in and probably why she has been a recluse all these years.

I must admit I am very surprised how much sorrow (and sympathy) I feel for her.
I meant I don't think anyone here on this thread judges women for wanting to look their best. I certainly wouldn't be bold enough to say no one judges in general as that wouldn't be true.

I do feel sorry for her too and am also sad that society places these standards on women. Linda is not going to make anyone recoil in public, quite the opposite. She has amazing eyes, her nose is beautiful, she's tall. Still very striking and it's sad she couldn't see what others see but it's sadly common

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I just had a thought. Public meltdowns, over reacting to questions, a very ill-advised and drastic hair change; this is all rather hormonal behaviour. Do we think She Here might be There Yet?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I just had a thought. Public meltdowns, over reacting to questions, a very ill-advised and drastic hair change; this is all rather hormonal behaviour. Do we think She Here might be There Yet?
Ah - whenever someone suggests that Sali takes it as the worst insult possible (thus stigmatising something she would no doubt say is unfairly stigmatised) and starts mentioning tampons.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Are we sure "Caroline" is Hirons?! Cause that looks nothing like her. Not even a tiny bit.

Reactions: 7
I usually like that kind of illustration, itā€™s better than anything I could ever do, and fashion illustration is often very stylised. But thereā€™s no excuse for how unrecognisable those drawings are. I wonder if the ā€œmusesā€ feel flattered or insulted?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.