Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Beats me why anyone still engages with her when she’s so consistently unpleasant

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Surely all of this has to affect your feelings towards a brand compared to others who have no budget for all this schmoozing?
And why would brands spend such amounts if they didn't know that it got results in terms of positive product promotion?

Brands and journalists/influencers would doubtless argue that it's just an efficient way of giving and getting information about new products. But why not gather together in a church hall with a cup of tea?

Bribery is a criminal offence and companies usually have an anti-bribery policy - applying not just to staff but to anyone who works on their behalf - specifically citing lavish hospitality (giving or receiving) as a form of bribery.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
In fairness, she's not wrong about the Googling thing...
I thought that too and still do to an extent, but when I read how nice the poster was and the snippy reply I just thought FFS Sali, just don’t reply if you’re going to be like that. WHAT MORE CAN I DO???? 😂😂😂

And why would brands spend such amounts if they didn't know that it got results in terms of positive product promotion?

Brands and journalists/influencers would doubtless argue that it's just an efficient way of giving and getting information about new products. But why not gather together in a church hall with a cup of tea?

Bribery is a criminal offence and companies usually have an anti-bribery policy - applying not just to staff but to anyone who works on their behalf - specifically citing lavish hospitality (giving or receiving) as a form of bribery.
Interesting point, in Germany as a brand you are not allowed to give staff in retail stores gifts or ‘seed’ with product to them as it’s considered low level bribery and could sway their unbiased view. The whole point of brands having PR samples, gifts, seeding stock is to get the message out there about the brand or product.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She is really pushing this perfume "expert" thing. I wonder if she is trying to make herself more niche?

Reactions: 8
She is really pushing this perfume "expert" thing. I wonder if she is trying to make herself more niche?
Isn't she? I couldn't watch due to jaw ache misery (don't like to mention it 😂) but did she do that thing of silently gazing wistfully upwards so she can grasp the exact perfect tortured analogy? As if it has just occurred to her?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
In fairness, she's not wrong about the Googling thing...
Yes people could google the products themselves but is it too much to ask that she actually puts a bit of effort into her content? "It's my job" as she constantly tells us and she isn't doing this stuff out of the goodness of her heart. If affiliate links were involved I'm sure there would be no hardship in copying and pasting links

• Heart
I'm sorry, that is not normal post-meno weight gain. And yes, she's hardly disfigured, but she undertook a procedure which a) didn't work in the way it was supposed to and b) has caused irreversible side-effects.

The crux of the matter the practitioner who carried out the work did not tell her about the possible side-effects, and she had the procedure without knowing there was a chance it could go wrong/what the consequences could be, no matter how minuscule the probability was. Irregardless of this is she signed a pre-op consent form, Evangelista did not give properly informed consent as the company failed to fully inform her about what could go wrong/how her body could be adversely affected. In short, they failed in their duty of care to her and acted with negligently.

As an aside, I don't think there is anything wrong with vanity or for people, women in particular to care about their looks. During perimenopause, before I went on HRT, I gained over 15 kilos in less than a year. I felt and looked horrendous. No amount of diet or exercise would shift it. Many of my girlfriends told me I was being silly and I needed to embrace my 'new look'. They made me feel bad that I was being so superficial (in their eyes) and cared so much about not being able to fit into my clothes or looking like myself. A huge part of my identity is tied up with my how I look and the clothes I wear. It is not for anyone to tell me I shouldn't feel this way. While I am no supermodel, I understand completely how Evangelista feels. Thankfully HRT and weight lifting sorted out my weight gain although it took a long time, but now, I am back in all my own clothes and look like myself again. There is no such fix for Evangelista.
I don't think anyone judges anyone else for wanting to look their best, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think people are more frustrated with the impossible beauty standards on women and that women are expected to look 25 forever. It's just not realistic, procedures or tweakments or not. She is also far from 'deformed' and is still a striking woman

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Guacamole on the turn is the strangest description ever. What next, the colour of wilted lettuce, milk on the verge of becoming sour, almost stale bread, the colour of hardened cheese that has been left in the fridge for too long?
Green as limp left over word salad.

For the more daring among us this autumn, swipe a lick of brighter, more neon - think sinusitis-green snot - over the lid for an easy day-time pick me up.

Why doesn't she just tell her fans to duck off and have done with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Blimey! I was glad of the names. The artist should be aware that Sali has green eyes. As for Caroline… erm… I’ve got nothing.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.