Sali Hughes #39 Four fridges? Still not as cold as a reply from Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel like it would have been Cheryl, Sarah or Nicola.

It’s so funny. Makes me laugh just thinking about it. Ultimate childish behaviour, but they got the last laugh 😂

———————————

Re Linda Evangelista I’m torn, on one hand she’s had an absolute shitter and on the other I feel she didn’t need to announce it, but I guess her fame is due to her face and the aging process must be very hard to accept when you’ve been gushed over all your life for your beauty.

Reactions: 13
Re Linda Evangelista I’m torn, on one hand she’s had an absolute shitter and on the other I feel she didn’t need to announce it, but I guess her fame is due to her face and the aging process must be very hard to accept when you’ve been gushed over all your life for your beauty.
Yes! And I guess a “compassionate feminist“ would point out that it’s not that Linda Evangelista looks “bad”, but she does look different, and that’s a weird situation for anyone to deal with (I’m very clumsy and have had a few falls where I’ve landed on my face, it’s really jarring to look in the mirror the next day).

And with her being a model, although it may seem like a superficial problem, it does affect her working life. She might be publicly blaming whoever done the procedure, but inside she might be blaming herself and questioning how she got caught up in feeling like she needed to have something like that done, and then blaming the industry for creating that need.

Maybe I’m talking nonsense, but Sali “snippy” Hughes is not someone I associate with the word compassionate, especially after seeing that video @Mselvista shared where she cuts Kate Somerville off, mid sentence, during her heartfelt story.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Terribly written but at least it's about a makeup trend I suppose and she picks a few products rather than just one?

This bit though:
Feel free to wear whatever you like on lips and cheeks – peach, apricot, brown, berry, rose – but, for a flattering, fashionable eye makeup or mani, don’t forget your greens.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
She is hardly disfigured. It just looks like normal post-meno weight gain. Of course, when your conventional beauty has been your value all your life, ageing must present additional challenges. It's interesting to see how the various supermodels are dealing with it. Some are in a total cage-fight with physics while others are just letting it happen and are very open and honest about it
I'm sorry, that is not normal post-meno weight gain. And yes, she's hardly disfigured, but she undertook a procedure which a) didn't work in the way it was supposed to and b) has caused irreversible side-effects.

The crux of the matter the practitioner who carried out the work did not tell her about the possible side-effects, and she had the procedure without knowing there was a chance it could go wrong/what the consequences could be, no matter how minuscule the probability was. Irregardless of this is she signed a pre-op consent form, Evangelista did not give properly informed consent as the company failed to fully inform her about what could go wrong/how her body could be adversely affected. In short, they failed in their duty of care to her and acted with negligently.

As an aside, I don't think there is anything wrong with vanity or for people, women in particular to care about their looks. During perimenopause, before I went on HRT, I gained over 15 kilos in less than a year. I felt and looked horrendous. No amount of diet or exercise would shift it. Many of my girlfriends told me I was being silly and I needed to embrace my 'new look'. They made me feel bad that I was being so superficial (in their eyes) and cared so much about not being able to fit into my clothes or looking like myself. A huge part of my identity is tied up with my how I look and the clothes I wear. It is not for anyone to tell me I shouldn't feel this way. While I am no supermodel, I understand completely how Evangelista feels. Thankfully HRT and weight lifting sorted out my weight gain although it took a long time, but now, I am back in all my own clothes and look like myself again. There is no such fix for Evangelista.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm not sure about sprout fronds 🌿
Quite. They are not fronds. She’s an idiot and The Guardian’s lack of subbing is clear. Technically they are bud scales, but outer leaves would have done. This has made me disproportionately cross 😂😂

A frond, Sali, is a large, divided leaf as seen in ferns.

10706E64-2038-401B-B5B3-AD915942503A.jpeg

Sali and her trusty thesaurus strikes again
She can’t even use a thesaurus properly.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I've been looking for pictures of LE being "deformed" is she saying her fuller face is deformed?? duck off, Katie Piper's acid attack is what I'd describe as that, who has overcome such a horrific physical and mental experience and is amazing in her courage every day.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I remember thinking Sali came across as quite detached and cold (ok, colder than usual) on the ITB with Ruth Crilly. I actually think it was the first time I noticed how too cool for school she thought she was. I’d assumed they were friends off camera but after watching I decided they probably weren’t. Ruth was talking about her infertility problems before conceiving her first child and Sali didn’t even feign sympathy as far as I recall.

Btw I quite like Ruth (in comparison to the rest of that IG Beauty crowd and in small doses) as she can actually write and is engaging to watch. Her makeup looks nice too which is the bare minimum I expect when she’s trying to flog me hundreds of £ worth of product!
Ruth is the only beauty influencer I still follow as she actually puts the work in for her ads, making them quite funny/interesting, rather than the insipid and insincere droning on to camera the others seem to think justify their payment.

Reactions: 10
Sali seems rather behind the times. The green makeup trend has been around for a while. I bought the CT Rebel palette 18 months ago, bought the Glossier Herb when it came out about 3 years ago and bought the Essie khaki polish in the summer. Maybe I should write the column? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Sali seems rather behind the times. The green makeup trend has been around for a while. I bought the CT Rebel palette 18 months ago, bought the Glossier Herb when it came out about 3 years ago and bought the Essie khaki polish in the summer. Maybe I should write the column? 😉
I saw this in 2019

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think that column’s genesis was Sal’s manicurist getting bored shitless while Sali dithered over the various baby puke shades and saying, “What about a nice green for autumn…?”

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Isn't a green eye her bessie mates standard look? Not sure I want to emulate Caitlin Moran.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
I was just thinking that the colour that was missing in my makeup palette was a guacamole on the turn 😂 ( not true, I’ve got 2 eyeshadows that I like and suit me and that I replace when they run out, everts couple of years)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Looks like they’ve got rid of the column photo of her and replaced it with some crappy photoshopped reference to the column topic? And does she have a bigger word count?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.