Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
She Here can't wait to go dancing again. But it won't be in heels or binding clothing. Er Sam Chapman's wedding? When she was first on the dance floor?

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
So several columnists have announced that today will be there last column in the Guardian but not the dancing queen. WTAF. We have been robbed.
Maybe The Graun have just forgotten about her? She submits her odd little essays and the editor thinks 'Oh that's nice. Who was that?' then she instantly slips beneath their radar again.

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
So Grazia has hit rock bottom by getting Sali to interview Jane Fonda. Really depressing.
Cue Sali waxing lyrical about her “idol”, whom I don’t believe she has ever mentioned before.
Never change, Sali.

edits: phone spelling, apologies.
Pretty Honest had a list of idols (or was it beautiful women?) and I don't believe Jane Fonda made the cut. Also, why is everything always always about her? "I had the battered vhs tapes, she taught me what it was like to a girl" etc. She's the interviewer, not the subject

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
So interesting that Sali who purports to be all about 'democracy' in beauty slobbers over someone who has no time for any non blue ticker. I mean, I'm not dumb enough to expect that I'd get the same treatment in a salon as say, Kate Midleton or a blue ticker with a huge platform, but come on, there's surely a decent level of quality service that should be afforded to all customers. We're not expecting the red carpet to be rolled out but treat your customers like human beings and don't insult them with awful service. And this is the same woman she's telling cancer patients they should go to?

• Sad

dunhill

I realise I might sound a little naive but am genuinely shocked that anyone is still influenced by influencers. I know once I realised it was all so disingenuous, a con/advertising by stealth, I deleted the few (skincare and fashion) influencers I followed and have never looked back. Are people really that clueless that they need to be told what to buy? I'm just so surprised by this and that some lack freewill to make their own decisions avout what to buy.

• Heart
What is the aim though? Is it meant to be relatable? I am grossed out by both the dog hair on the pillow and the overweening narcissism of it all. A multi-photo post and a story? Really?
The dog hair on the bed reminds me of the woman that went into hospital with stomach pain and the Dr found a 2 inch wad of cat hair in her vagina 🤢

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha

Goosegamer

So many Guardian columns are ending this weekend; Hadley Freeman, Jess Carter-Morley, Romesh Ranganathan, Coco Khan and Hannah Jane Parkinson are all going, as is The Measure. Is it too much to hope that Sali will be going as well?

Fingers crossed eh.

• Haha
  • Wow

melfish

VIP Member
The Sutcliffe 'joke' is still there :sick:
Bloody awful too.
This casual "joky" misogyny is just as bad as the overtly nasty shit. Actually it's worse in way because it's so insidious and normalising. All the men in her life seem to be fond of it and I doubt she challenges it; she'd prefer to just get on her soapbox on twitter for likes and retweets

• Sick

Nonah

VIP Member
Perhaps she’s going to announce her long-awaited arrival at Platform Perimenopause? 🚂 What insight can she possibly share if she hasn’t gone through it? Although it makes sense that she’d want in on a bit of Menopause Moolah - it’s definitely being monetised now.
Maybe she’ll be talking about peri menopause. I hope she does have something to offer beyond an extensive knowledge of cooling facial mists.

• Haha

melfish

VIP Member
putting an aggressive or unpleasant interpretation on a different POV.
That's her entire MO. She's so defensive and her ego so fragile, even a differing opinion is seen as an attack. Those people are doubtlessly all blocked. She wants to live in an echo chamber full of simpering sycophants. She believes that's her right, to say whatever she wants entirely unchallenged. Her sense of entitlement is staggering

Yes agree with all of this. I had a quick Google of Nez Hasan and a poster on MN had a similar experience. Apparently NH called the police to say the poster was stalking her when she emailed to complain.
She seems to have gained such a good reputation by giving her services free to celebs/IGers who in turn sing her praises 🤔
How is that right or impartial? At £500 a pop?
No way would I ever give my money to someone to gives freebies to people who can easily afford it. The costs must be passed onto the little people. Sali I'm afraid is not special with Nez refusing to accept payment - seems anybody influential who will give her public positive feedback is similarly honoured.
All these Dark Triad personality types seem to find each other, don't they?

How much business do you think that ringing endorsement will send Naz Hasan's way?

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha

anais750185

Chatty Member
I've eaten at the Chili Pickle too (I used to live in Brighton, actually in Kemp Town not far from Sali) and honestly the Indian takeaway round the corner was better and MUCH cheaper. David Walliams was on the next table :rolleyes:.
And for all the lipstick literature liberalism bullshit, when has she ever mentioned a book apart from chinning Caitlin's (which is slightly less taxing than reading Closer) and her mate from Empire Terri White? Can't see much liberalism either (but admittedly a fuckload of lipstick).

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I think you're right. I think the ASA regulations were drawn up for a different time - when bloggers/vloggers were hobbyists who occasionally accepted payment to publicise/endorse a product or service.

Some influencers seem to want to make out that that's still the case. This is how SH described influencer Katie Hayes in her Radio 4 programme last year:

View attachment 766710

Almost as if the earning money part was just a way of financing her little hobby - rather than influencing being a highly sophisticated and lucrative commercial business.
That is exactly it @Aude.
All these kindly videos sharing makeup advice and recommendations are meant to viewed as a public service, friend to friend. If you question the money making aspect it is seen as distasteful and bullying.
Of course influencers should be allowed to make money from advertising. But stop pretending it is anything other than that - advertising.

• Heart

Missypissy

While the bus advice was absolutely ludicrous I can't bear men like him using it as an opportunity to gain Twitter clout
Not his place to make this joke at all. What a bell end.
Wondering in She Here has advised her other half to delete his dreadful Sutcliffe joke yet.
I don't see the point of taking to social media to discuss the horrendous safety issues facing women if you are going to let that level of comment pass unchallenged...made by someone living under your roof helping to bring up the next generation on men.

• Angry

Pretzelstick

What the fuck is that trench coat thing?
Also you’re out for anniversary dinner and taking ((bad) photos of food and selfies in the toilet (of the same outfit as earlier but with addition of ludicrous coat) 🙄
And why “obligatory”???
I have a memory of her on one of the ITB things talking about how much she 'loves me a coat', how she and Caitlin and Lauren never get photographed on red carpets because they wear coats over their gowns and so are asked to enter the venue through the rear. I think in her world, wearing a coat is another cool quirk.

Last edited:
  • Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
“Dan, I’ll pretend to be asleep and you can take a quick snap”

Dis she whip off the TORTOISESHELL PANTOS and forget the glasses indentation is still visible on her nose?
Look how fake that face is. Those eyebrows, they will be turning the sort of purple shade she uses on her hair in a few years.
I hate her attempts at “bae caught me sleeping” partly because from the shots she here herself has posted her bedroom looks like a student house and partly because I think her husband is a piece of work. It depresses me.

• Haha