Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

"While I very much appreciate the beauty in some objet d’art pulled from a posh clutch and used to paint a mouth at a restaurant table, it’s the prosaic problem-solvers that excite me most. "

Can't go a column without referring to the public application of makeup! :LOL:
Two referrral (surely) links there. One for Flexitol, the other for some socks on Amazon. Super.

If you haven't allowed some idiot tech to sandblast the epidermis straight off your feet, causing open wounds, and just have dry, calloused feet, I recommend Silkar Cracked Heel Repair Cream, which has an epic amount of urea in it (the only real ingredient that's going to soften and loosen the dry skin so it can come off easily) and costs 99p for 35ml from Home Bargains. Same stuff as Flexitol in reality but 75% cheaper. Apply to damp skin and then layer petroleum jelly on top for extra healing power and nocclusivness. Better than special iffy gel socks you also need to apply urea cream inside.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Was the theme “City secretary realness”? She literally looks like she stumbled off the 8.47 from Sevenoaks to London Bridge.
It so baffling that I used to think she was actually quite cool and aspirational. (I obviously didn't know she was being a horrible twitter bully at the same time).
Her hair now really reminds me of that dry straw bleached thing Bananarama had going on when it was fashionable.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
So has Sali left Twitter yet as it is such a racist hateful platform?
Remember how she couldn't even look here (let's for a minute pretend this is true) as 'it would break me'?
I really don't give a shit about who is or isn't on twitter but she made such a huge fuss about awful and racist and unregulated Tattle is and that anyone who even looked here was 'broken' that I'm slightly curious how she justifies it.

melfish

VIP Member
Still thinking about how IK said old twitter was like a cocktail party. She is such an elitist wanker

The concept of sustainability is in direct conflict with being an influencer. The most sustainable thing you can do, of course, is to buy less stuff. But they are all about making people covet. "If only I wore that/ate that/went there, my life would be better." It's such an insidious capitalist message. And that's what they embody. The rest is just pretense

I mean, Sali said it herself: "Product is my passion." Ugh, how depressing

• Heart

PinkandTwinkly

I used to do my basic make-up on the train, I was up at 330 and out the house at 0430, so it gave me a little longer for my face un crumple first.
Never foundation tho, stick cream blush (in two shades to brighten and shape) brow pencil and gel, and mascara. Then lipstick after my coffee was done.
It was quite a skull knowing where the track dips and bends were so I didn't end up with insane brows

• Haha

Wobblehead

VIP Member
I am loath to recommend something Sali raves about but Jil Sander Sun does sound nice. Sort of beachy warm citrusy skin smell. I've never tried it but am tempted. And you can get it cheaply, not sure Boots but online certainly - around the £12 mark.
Has anyone here tried it?
OMG i have never known anyone mention this. Back in 1990 I was on holiday and bought Jil Sander fake tan which was perfumed as Sun. imi loved the scent of it so much I found the perfume and I have worn it every since as have my sister and mum. It has been hard to source over the years but I always seem to find it somewhere. hard recommend 😊😊😊

edited to add I had no idea She Here recommended it and now I feel sad ☹ plus I realised my post sounded a bit like I used Jil Sander Sun before it was invented 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17

WinterSolstice

VIP Member
Sali likes to pretend she’s liberal, but if you look at her MO, she’s pretty far right, wanting to shut down any kind of dissenting opinion.

There is no bullying of Sali Hughes on these threads.

There are WOMEN, mostly, expressing themselves and their opinions. We have a right to call out behaviour we see as dishonest, harmful to women, children and society. If that’s a problem for Sali, maybe she needs to DO BETTER.

In trying to shut down these threads, Sali is just expressing her own contempt for women’s right to have an opinion and a voice. How anti-feminist is that?

Colin

Straightening your hair on the train is disgusting. It's bad enough when people brush their hair in public

Why does she think public grooming is a "good look"? Just more evidence she views herself through the lens of others and is always seeking external validation. "Please look at me and admire me."
I've just spent a year in Thailand where it is perfectly acceptable to clip your finger and toenails on the train, in a cafe, on the street.... anywhere you fancy really...

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha