Sali Hughes #36 She irons her face, rather than her shirt.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven't read the article fully... I just can't take the drivel.... Impression.... Having conquered the beauty godess title (self appointed) our Sal is branching out and aiming for Carrie Bradshaw's crown....

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Why even reply? :sick:

One of the two replies on twitter to her column, the other politely suggesting she might be diabetic

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25

"While I very much appreciate the beauty in some objet d’art pulled from a posh clutch and used to paint a mouth at a restaurant table, it’s the prosaic problem-solvers that excite me most. "

Can't go a column without referring to the public application of makeup! :LOL:
Two referrral (surely) links there. One for Flexitol, the other for some socks on Amazon. Super.

If you haven't allowed some idiot tech to sandblast the epidermis straight off your feet, causing open wounds, and just have dry, calloused feet, I recommend Silkar Cracked Heel Repair Cream, which has an epic amount of urea in it (the only real ingredient that's going to soften and loosen the dry skin so it can come off easily) and costs 99p for 35ml from Home Bargains. Same stuff as Flexitol in reality but 75% cheaper. Apply to damp skin and then layer petroleum jelly on top for extra healing power and nocclusivness. Better than special iffy gel socks you also need to apply urea cream inside.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Two referrral (surely) links there. One for Flexitol, the other for some socks on Amazon. Super.

If you haven't allowed some idiot tech to sandblast the epidermis straight off your feet, causing open wounds, and just have dry, calloused feet, I recommend Silkar Cracked Heel Repair Cream, which has an epic amount of urea in it (the only real ingredient that's going to soften and loosen the dry skin so it can come off easily) and costs 99p for 35ml from Home Bargains. Same stuff as Flexitol in reality but 75% cheaper. Apply to damp skin and then layer petroleum jelly on top for extra healing power and nocclusivness. Better than special iffy gel socks you also need to apply urea cream inside.
Amazon? That's really sneaky if it's true what I read- that if you click an aff link and buy anything at all in the next ? 30? days, they get their commission.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Amazon? That's really sneaky if it's true what I read- that if you click an aff link and buy anything at all in the next ? 30? days, they get their commission.
Dodgy for this not to be declared in the article if so. My sister used to run a site and had an Amazon affiliate link that worked this way but she stated up front that this was the case and she donated all the money earned this way to the RNLI. For the Guardian to be running that without comment or information about who gets the money is dodgy as duck.

The socks seem to be one of many, many products from a company based in Florida called Bememo. Sells a lot of what look like Chinese-made plastic tat on the whole, at least through their Amazon store.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thread lurker here! 👋 Just had to say how odd it seemed that she still tipped the tech who injured her and had to tell us she did. Surely a helpful discussion on how the treatment had gone wrong would have done more for their career and benefitted future clients than bunging them a fiver?

Sali’s rant first alerted me to the existence of tattle and I’m very glad to be through the looking glass!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I think it's such a Mean Gil thing to do, this she has habit of not saying anything at the time and then slagging the person off behind their back. The makeup artist for her first wedding springs to mind too. Imagine how it would feel to think you'd done a good job and then one day see her making a whole column/book out of how tit you were (but she's such a good person because she tipped anyway!).

Reactions: 24
I think it's such a Mean Gil thing to do, this she has habit of not saying anything at the time and then slagging the person off behind their back. The makeup artist for her first wedding springs to mind too. Imagine how it would feel to think you'd done a good job and then one day see her making a whole column/book out of how tit you were (but she's such a good person because she tipped anyway!).
Couldn’t agree more. Calling the pedicure ‘extraordinary bad’ but then she tipped the technician makes no sense. Why couldn’t she complain at the time? She is clearly an outspoken person. It seems very underhand to use your public platform to complain about poor service when she should have either done it at the time or written to the salon afterwards and dealt with it privately. I can imagine the technician feeling marvellous (not) having to read this article, as if not being named makes it better somehow.

On the other hand SH is adamant she would never post a bad product review because she doesn’t feel it’s ok. :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.