Sali Hughes #35 She wore Vampire's Wife dresses when they were still Vampire's Girlfriend

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gosh, that qutecy cradling of the Lumene tub at the end of the ad is cringe on another level.🤮

Skipped quickly through the vit c video and wanted to give my 2 pence for those of us sensitive skin ladies as vit c serums can end up being expensive mistakes as in my case. Both the Ole Henriksen and Murad Rev s in SH’s video did not agree with my skin- they are heavily fragranced and the OH contains hyaluronic acid which causes spots on me (dr idriss has an excellent video on it as a over-hyped product).

I love the StriVectin Peptight Tightening and Brightening Serum which combines peptides and vit c and can be used day and night. Waiting to receive and order for the Skinseuticals Serum 10 for sensitive skin and hope it would be another good one to use on my skin.

Reactions: 13
Nicola Champman from Pixiwoo recently had her long dark hair cut short and dyed blonde and has been talking on her insta about how she is changing her make up to suit the style and colour. I think she has been really brave as she is getting treatment for ME soon that will cause her hair to fall out so has taken this action now.

Reactions: 10
Nicola Champman from Pixiwoo recently had her long dark hair cut short and dyed blonde and has been talking on her insta about how she is changing her make up to suit the style and colour. I think she has been really brave as she is getting treatment for ME soon that will cause her hair to fall out so has taken this action now.
MS, not ME. Poor lady, hope the treatment works

• Sad
Reactions: 5
If you want jewellery to last then you really shouldn’t let it come into contact with water, makeup, or skincare. Solid gold will suffer those things best but still not advised in the long run. I have to wear something in my pierced ears all the time or the holes grow over very quickly, but I accept anything with plating is going to wear off and tarnish faster because I leave them in.

Would love to hear what you stylish tattlers are into for jewellery. I’ve started a new better paying job this year and have been building up some fun mid range jewellery. On the cheaper end I’m loving the fun huggie earrings Orelia London have. They’re plated brass so very light and comfortable to wear, but the plating covers the posts so no reactions in my ears. Learned the hard way solid gold earrings are too heavy and hurt my ears after a few minutes.

Mid range I love the Silver Collective who have these really cute zodiac necklaces, bought one for Mum for Mother’s Day with her zodiac with added charms for my sister and I‘s signs.

On the more expensive end I’m loving Astley Clarke with their beautiful bracelets and lockets. I have a few things from them on my wishlist for my birthday.

Reactions: 11
MS, not ME. Poor lady, hope the treatment works
Oh sorry, MS. She has talked about how she has managed it in the past and I think this treatment is quire new. She is really upbeat and I dont think I have ever heard her moan once.

Reactions: 1
Oh sorry, MS. She has talked about how she has managed it in the past and I think this treatment is quire new. She is really upbeat and I dont think I have ever heard her moan once.
Maybe I've a different ear but I never hear her doing anything other than moan, whinge and brag!!
I do like her hair though and it is a very brave move

Reactions: 4
Maybe I've a different ear but I never hear her doing anything other than moan, whinge and brag!!
I do like her hair though and it is a very brave move
Oh she does moan about other things!!! And I am not comfortable with all the 'gifting' but thats another story.

If you want jewellery to last then you really shouldn’t let it come into contact with water, makeup, or skincare. Solid gold will suffer those things best but still not advised in the long run. I have to wear something in my pierced ears all the time or the holes grow over very quickly, but I accept anything with plating is going to wear off and tarnish faster because I leave them in.

Would love to hear what you stylish tattlers are into for jewellery. I’ve started a new better paying job this year and have been building up some fun mid range jewellery. On the cheaper end I’m loving the fun huggie earrings Orelia London have. They’re plated brass so very light and comfortable to wear, but the plating covers the posts so no reactions in my ears. Learned the hard way solid gold earrings are too heavy and hurt my ears after a few minutes.

Mid range I love the Silver Collective who have these really cute zodiac necklaces, bought one for Mum for Mother’s Day with her zodiac with added charms for my sister and I‘s signs.

On the more expensive end I’m loving Astley Clarke with their beautiful bracelets and lockets. I have a few things from them on my wishlist for my birthday.
I don’t claim to be stylish, I haven’t worn a lot of jewellery over lockdown.

Jennifer Loiselle makes bright acrylic earrings that are really light even when big. She is a small business and does sales. I have her Frida Kahlo brooch I love.

I have some Otiumberg hoops. Gold plated silver. They are not cheap but really nice size and shape.

I wear more silver than gold, I covet some of the chains and pendants from The Great Frog to go with the rings I already h. They have proper weight and are expensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Full on influencer now.
Yep. If she’s a ‘beauty journalist’ she shouldn’t be paid by any beauty brand ever. If she wants to advertise car insurance or olives or something then fine. No credibility at all.

Reactions: 13
I never take off my earrings or bangles/bracelets tbh. I sleep in them, swim in them, etc. . They're all solid silver and look fine.
I get most of my jewellery on Etsy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Yep. If she’s a ‘beauty journalist’ she shouldn’t be paid by any beauty brand ever. If she wants to advertise car insurance or olives or something then fine. No credibility at all.
I don't know how she squares this with herself.
On the Liz Earle podcast one of the reasons she cites for her trolling is she is notoriously honest - so Tattle trolls saw her the 'big one' to pull down. ( :rolleyes: I know. The delusion)
But she said on it everyone who knows her knows she will not take payment for recommending anything. Especially in her Guardian column. But she does doesn't she? Call it a collab, or sponsorship, whatever, but she is being paid to recommend a product.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Re. Head and Shoulders, I know they’ve done a lot of product development recently but the only time a hairdresser has ever recommended it to me was when I wanted to change colour from years of box-dye black. Have they got one for coloured hair now?

I like a lot of the Carrie Elizabeth jewellery, also Wolf and Moon has some cute flower-based necklaces and earrings. Also a big fan of Alex Monroe - lots of nature-inspired jewellery (I like the bees).

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Re. Head and Shoulders, I know they’ve done a lot of product development recently but the only time a hairdresser has ever recommended it to me was when I wanted to change colour from years of box-dye black. Have they got one for coloured hair now?
Only time I’ve ever known anybody actually use it was for bathing a child with chicken pox. It’s very soothing!

• Haha
Colour has gone weird. I think she’s O.D’ed on silver shampoo. It’ll calm down.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.