Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah we really don’t need the ‘nude’ shade issue when naming stuff.

Reactions: 3
She only seems to have interacted recently on GTL because she is so paranoid about people hating her hair she is loving her new hair. I thought she mostly ignored it’s existence.

Reactions: 8
(Btw there are 5 shades lighter than Groenland, that's why her "I'm so super pale" shtick still baffles me)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The thing is though mocha does not just refer to coffee, it's an actual colour too. Same how vanilla does not just mean food, it can also be a colour. Nars has a concealer in a shade called custard as well as a foundation in honey which is for light to medium skin tones. I just think we have greater fish to fry than to worry about whether shade names are racist or not.

Yeah I really don't need fancy names (for some reason I tend to be "vanilla" often), gimme numbers any day.

Nars TM? She has. Please don’t delete me for defending her!
I hope you see this before you get deleted and blocked but has she mentioned it that often?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t like Sali’s hair or her attitude. I don’t like her husband’s quiz show.
The comments I express about Sali here could easily be made verbally at work in the lunch room, in a cafe, in a school common room, a refectory. No police would be called. No manager would ask me to stop talking, or to leave the establishment. No employer would discipline me. No school would exclude me. Expressing personal opinions about a public figure isn’t trolling.
Disability discrimination on the other hand...

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I really hope people have kept screen shots of the GTL exchange that @clondon had to experience before they joined here in despair at Sali’s rudeness.
We know now that Sali’s Facebook group does not make accommodations for ASD and is not an ASD friendly space.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
To be fair, Vogue is hardly ‘New Scientist’. It’s full of poorly researched, guffy, puff-pieces.
Yep, Vogue puts out some right old shite. Most of it is really just promotional guff anyway. They were the ones who put out the Gwyneth Paltrow video where she wears obvious full make-up while demonstrating her daily skin routine and only puts her sunscreen on her cheekbones and nose bridge, and a worthless amount at that.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Think the Suuqu is discontinued, so I kinda get that she doesn’t call it her fav anymore (it spares us the tediousness of hearing about her discontinued favs 🎻🎻🎻)

I have never read an article in Vogue that has been of any interest or use. And I’ve tried, I just skim it for the glossy adverts (oh the consumerist photography 😍)

Its kinda funny when colours get named after things that aren’t even that shade. Like vanilla is darkest brown and mint is standard English lawn colour, not pale bluey green 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I really hope people have kept screen shots of the GTL exchange that @clondon had to experience before they joined here in despair at Sali’s rudeness.
We know now that Sali’s Facebook group does not make accommodations for ASD and is not an ASD friendly space.
I've just taken one as I haven't been banned yet. I very rarely set foot in there.

Sali has now turned off comments on that thread.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I bet it's only a matter of time before she claims that 'the Tattle trolls migrated over to my facebook group'

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I’ve been reading about ‘cheugy’ the really stupid word invented for the opposite of on trend and someone on another thread said Sali was the epitome of it. So I think Facebook groups have been ‘cheugy’ since long before that was a word. I will always use it in quotation marks because it’s not a real word but I bet it goes in the dictionary soon.

Reactions: 12
Okay so might get blocked from GTL and following on IG. I am the Autistic woman who posted in her group. Most of us state exactly what we see and can't avoid being unfiltered. We literally learn to lie by interacting with neurotypicals who often bullshit. We lack that skill and therefore often say what we think and as an earlier poster mentioned we are often worth listening to as our thoughts are simply honest not rude (while to neurotypicals it comes across as exactly that - rude ) My thoughts after the interaction were there are millions of autistic women and men most of us are blunt, direct etc most of us love social media as it is easier than interacting face to face. Sali didn't know I was autistic but surely everyone not just influencers needs to learn to accept those that are different from themselves. I didn't even mean brassy blonde in a rude way. I actually think it looks nice but from the photo isn't grey. Sali - if you are reading - you can't always get nice comments believe me anyone who is autistic knows this, no environment works like that and if all you want is praise then get off social media - it is a tough environment to hang out in - also educate yourself on neurodiversity it is very common.
People have commented that Sali's recently overhaul was brave. I disagree. This here is real bravery, to expose yourself publicly in this way and face the wrath of Sali's block button. Well done, and you'll enjoy this so.much more than GTL anyway!
I also think the fact that you felt you could speak here speaks volumes about the type of positively encouraging sewer rats that lurk 🐀🐁

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.