Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are options if you are unable to use said toners/dyes due to ingredients.

Direct dyes, though technically semi permanent can cover very well and last a long time, many are allergy safe and no developer required.

I had grey hair for several years, which I achieved by using a good quality bleach + silver shampoo and Pravana Chromasilk Vivids Silver dye.
I use these types of dyes as I am on long term chemotherapy and only do one process to preserve my hair integrity etc etc.

My hair is very dark with red undertones so can be particularly difficult to lift evenly ( I do it myself, #expertcolourist ๐Ÿ˜†) but the results are good even if my base isn't completely even.
You can easily vary the intensity with conditioner or mix in small amounts of other shades to neutralise particular areas for better tone overall.

The picture was taken about three weeks after dyeing so the more orange areas are more obvious, but they are just neutral/less vibrant, not brassy and strange still.
This was also six years ago, so there's way more to choose from and excellent tutorials nowadays.

It's a shame Sali had such an awful reaction before but it's so easy to avoid PPD etc if you need to, so maybe just get a bleeping grip and work around it?

I don't personally use social media to speak directly with people I follow but do not know, but I really feel sad for those that do engage with her posts to be spoken to like that. It's pretty disingenuous to invite interaction in a private group in this way if you're going to be so nasty about it.
I imagine it must make those singled out feel quite upset.
Haha love the beef face ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Omg your hair is stunning. Just so beautiful.

• Haha
Reactions: 22

Direct dyes, though technically semi permanent can cover very well and last a long time, many are allergy safe and no developer required.

I had grey hair for several years, which I achieved by using a good quality bleach + silver shampoo and Pravana Chromasilk Vivids Silver dye.
I use these types of dyes as I am on long term chemotherapy and only do one process to preserve my hair integrity etc etc.

My hair is very dark with red undertones so can be particularly difficult to lift evenly ( I do it myself, #expertcolourist ๐Ÿ˜†) but the results are good even if my base isn't completely even.
You can easily vary the intensity with conditioner or mix in small amounts of other shades to neutralise particular areas for better tone overall.

The picture was taken about three weeks after dyeing so the more orange areas are more obvious, but they are just neutral/less vibrant, not brassy and strange still.
This was also six years ago, so there's way more to choose from and excellent tutorials nowadays.

It's a shame Sali had such an awful reaction before but it's so easy to avoid PPD etc if you need to, so maybe just get a bleeping grip and work around it?

I don't personally use social media to speak directly with people I follow but do not know, but I really feel sad for those that do engage with her posts to be spoken to like that. It's pretty disingenuous to invite interaction in a private group in this way if you're going to be so nasty about it.
Lovely colour, what foundation are you wearing there? Moobelline?

• Haha
Reactions: 22

wow, your hair is amazing :love:๐Ÿฅฉ

Reactions: 9
Haha love the beef face ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Omg your hair is stunning. Just so beautiful.
I wanted to draw a beef joint but I cannot draw ๐Ÿ˜‚ paint 3D has a sticker making function though apparently haha!

Lovely colour, what foundation are you wearing there? Moobelline?
The very same! Clearly youโ€™ve been doing some #deepresearch ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Thank you for the hair compliments also! It never ever looks tidy like that usually, a magic moment I had to document for posterity!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The first time I ever saw people with very obvious facelifts was in Paris. And I wasnโ€™t sure it was a good look.

#jesuisbecky ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Had to come back for meltdown 2:Electric Boogaloo!
COMPLEX! NOT COMPLICATED! has the same energy as
tenor-5.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Ohhhh great. More delusional old Francophile shite that makes me want to (censored for the sensitive) Paris.

The grand old 'off duty model' look!' Haha, that old bullshit beloved of fashion writers fresh out of any originality or sense of reality for the last four decades. You know why rubbish things look good on off duty models? Because they're super young, genetically blessed, bleeping MODELS that's why. A brown paper bag, a man's t-shirt three sizes too large, zero make up, a plaster cast and three week unwashed hair pulled back with a blue rubber band the postman threw on the driveway looks good on them. Doesn't mean the rest of us look good doing it. Jesus. Tell your average 43 old old Jane with difficult textured hair that blows up with humidity to follow this 'do nothing' advice and she'll get written up at work for looking 'unprofessional'.

As for trying to get us to believer all these glamorous French actresses look uhmazing making zero effort to even wash their hair. Illustrated with pics of them on red carpets after doubtless hours of very expensive and elite professional hair and make-up and wearing bloody couture. Unbelievable. We all know how much effort goes into the no make up 'look' (as opposed to no actual make-up). Same going on with this French tit. It's the art of looking like you don't really care, not actually acting like you don't care. I once had a boyfriend back in the day who favoured an artful beach bum look. He would spend an hour deciding which artfully holey shirt to wear, the vain twit. Same thing.

As for 'every woman in France' follows the rule never to dye your hair any colour than your natural colour. REALLY. Nobody in France bleaches, highlights or goes red, black, whatever? What old nonsense. I can think of multiple peroxdided French stars to begin with. I can also think of many with heavy PS and early nose jobs (Isabelle Adjani, come on in). It is such a weird mythology that gets passed around in the face of the evidence.

Sorry, had to get that all off my chest. Proceed as normal.
Ha, I do find myself googling French Bob because I want to look like certain French models but then they are models and will always look amazing with messy hair. And none of these articles about French women not being fat ever mentions how much they all smoke so they donโ€™t eat.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Your hair is a really lovely colour and it looks healthy, bouncy and smooth, not frazzled like our heroine's.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Let's not spiral into introspection and self-examination again. This is all Sali
I agree with this. As I said, we owe her nothing, she is a public figure to us, not a mate. We are not contacting her directly on her social media, we are discussing her on a site dedicated to influencers. The same site she chooses to come and read herself

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Bit OT but I thought the Chapmanโ€™s had stopped doing social media for mental health (being minted enough to stop grafting)

ETA should really have said merching

Reactions: 6
They made a big announcement on how they were quitting social media but it seems to have ramped up more lately!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.