Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I
I love Suqqu , I have to make my skin dewy to the point of damp to work it in but the result is lovely.

There’s no better foundation for me than Parure Gold , it’s sublime.
Oohh...tell me more about it. Would it work on dry skin?
(Also, warming up skin via foundation...I thought this was a no-no?)

Reactions: 3
I am going to disagree with the others and say I think you should contact the Guardian. Sali represents the Guardian, insofar as her public behaviour shouldn't be at odds with her employer's stance as bastions of liberalism or whatever the fuck that paper is.
Also, welcome, @clondon. This is a great group of funny, intelligent people and you will enjoy it here.

Reactions: 12
Well that’s the problem with this sewer of ratty beef faces - we’re all entitled to our own opinion and to express it respectfully, we don’t actually all have to agree on anything (Sali take note!) and can respect our differences.

Reactions: 16
Just don't call me brassy, or there'll be trouble

Reactions: 17
I'm not saying not to contact her, just thought she's unlikely to respond. I contacted her before about something Guardian related (not Sali related) and didn't hear a peep back

Reactions: 7
Perhaps a written letter would be better. An email is too easy to have "slip through the cracks", ya know? Sali had the opportunity to respond if not with kindness, at least with understanding, but no, she doubled down. She's behaving despicably

Blocking someone for seeing a colour differently on a screen. What next? How fragile can she get before breaking?

Reactions: 15
zelens youth glow foundation is great. Does not settle in wrinkles, does not make pores seem more obvious. You don’t need powder over it either - it’s really really nice.

Reactions: 3
This influencer gig is not for her. Now, medical receptionist ...

Reactions: 20
I'm not saying not to contact her, just thought she's unlikely to respond. I contacted her before about something Guardian related (not Sali related) and didn't hear a peep back
The PA will read it, I doubt it would get to her. Same with a letter.
Also Sali will have read this conversation and got in first with a “freaky Friday part 3” I can just imagine it”I’m good people, Kath!”

Reactions: 8
Also Sali will have read this conversation and got in first with a “freaky Friday part 3” I can just imagine it”I’m good people, Kath!”
I know the publications I worked for, a letter like this would at least get a response.

Reactions: 6
I think her ‘I’m a good person’ issue will have been bolstered by another award/recognition for Beauty Banks this week. She’s really doubling down on her superiority.

Reactions: 11
Anyone who has to run around saying "I am a good person" out loud ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
I read that article when I still liked her and remember at the time being mortified with second hand embarrassment. So cringe. The utter self belief Sali has she is so unique and quirky and other. I think most of us think that when we are about 15. But grow out of it. Or at least don't commit those inane thoughts to paper.
There is a similar passage in Pretty Honest that made me squirm. Can't remember it exactly but the gist is about her extensive collection of beauty products. When men come round they look at the vast amounts of stuff 'then at the tiny person in front of them in a onesie with bacon grease smeared on her face and wonder how she uses it all'. (Obviously pre vegetarian). How eccentric!

Btw Quizness on now. I genuinely cannot be arsed even for a laugh.

Reactions: 19
When men come round they look at the vast amounts of stuff 'then at the tiny person in front of them in a onesie with bacon grease smeared on her face and wonder how she uses it all'. (Obviously pre vegetarian). How eccentric!
She did not write that

She did! I remember it too. It was something like "there comes a moment in the relationship where my partner looks at my room with enough product to fill a regional boots and looks in disbelief at the tiny middle aged woman in a onesie with bacon grease smeared on her face". Paraphrasing but that was the gist

Reactions: 14
A lot of the time, a good PA has the ear of far more people than you might think. 'Heads Of' go to meetings, but PAs are the people who get shit done.

A lot of the time, a good PA has the ear of far more people than you might think. 'Heads Of' go to meetings, but PAs are the people who get shit done.
This is so true. Way more power and influence than people might think
*am not a PA

I

Oohh...tell me more about it. Would it work on dry skin?
(Also, warming up skin via foundation...I thought this was a no-no?)
I love Parure Gold, it’s the best foundation I’ve ever used, pricey but worth every penny.

I’m 53 ,my skin’s one would expect to see for its age, I moisturise it well and this foundation goes on like a dream and lasts all day. I love it!! I’d recommend it to everyone.

Reactions: 5
Developing social skills = learning how to lie

She literally said what she saw. Fuck that! And had to apologize for a completely neutral statement.
Exactly. A better response would’ve been ‘no need to apologise for being who you are, but I appreciate your apolog
Her response to you was completely unnecessary, and her lack of acknowledgment when you disclosed that you are neuro diverse was very very telling. Welcome to the group, you can say whatever the fuck you like here.

What sort of coverage is it? Looking at it now.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.