Sali Hughes #33 Grifty shades of grey. It's a complex case.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, Sali was displeased by two adjectives and a pronoun
it was the very antithesis of cheering

Gotta ask tho, if you’re allergic to hair dye, and can’t use toners, then was bleaching your hair to bits really the best option?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
If she is so happy, why is she trolling her own facebook group?

Hopefully she will take some instruction from the sea while out on her walk with Lauren. But something tells me that's not the way it's going to go down ...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That FB rant seems like a step further in delusion and paranoia. She desperately needs some sensible people around her (and professional help). Ruth Alborough is a BACP-accredited therapist/counsellor. I don’t think Sali is being done any favours by the sort of comment Ruth has made in that screenshot. (Although it’s cut off so perhaps sensible advice is given further on.) Being surrounded by sycophants and people who indulge and enjoy her dramas is enabling Sali to escalate wildly and frankly make a fool of herself.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Sali, if you're reading here, forget your butthurt over your latest hair colour (if you like it, you like it and that's all that matters) and please defend yourself over that inane one-product Body Shop Avocado Body Butter column you did for the Grauniad. Explain how it's just a coincidence that every influencer going was suddenly also pushing that product at exactly the same time the BS were doing their grand relaunch and that you weren't in any way doing a sneaky #ad or #spon post or doing something ahead of a paid and planned collaboration?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hmm I don’t know, I think if you’re a columnist, you want to get people talking, whether they’re in agreement or disagreement with you - otherwise what you’ve written is boring. When your subject matter is yourself then obviously the discussion becomes more personal. I don’t agree that those opinions should be an attack though, especially by people with large followings (erm, see Esther Walker situation).

When I’ve made dramatic (or even small) changes to my hair, I’ve had all the annoying comments on the school run, at work and from friends (from ‘love it’ to ‘oh you’ve had your hair cut’ to ‘I liked it better before’). It’s annoying but I’m glad I don’t share it with thousands of followers because of that reason.

ETA I paid for it. OBVIOUSLY

Reactions: 11
That FB rant seems like a step further in delusion and paranoia. She desperately needs some sensible people around her (and professional help). Ruth Alborough is a BACP-accredited therapist/counsellor. I don’t think Sali is being done any favours by the sort of comment Ruth has made in that screenshot. (Although it’s cut off so perhaps sensible advice is given further on.) Being surrounded by sycophants and people who indulge and enjoy her dramas is enabling Sali to escalate wildly and frankly make a fool of herself.
I thought that comment that Admin Ruth made was strange, saying that Sali's thread on the Facebook group had received many rude and insensitive comments. Untrue! I did a quick skim through the comments and they are 97% 'oh wow, you look amazing', 2% 'that doesn't look grey to me, that looks blonde' and one comment which is baldly uncomplimentary. That's it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I am still thinking about India's hair 😩
@melfish don't! Step away from the bird's nest.
Am I right in saying this all stemmed from someone on the facebook group saying her hair looked blonde, talking about her in the third person and saying her case was complicated instead of complex?!
Yes. That seems to be it. Then unleashing an entirely unrelated and untruthful tirade against Tattle. And dragging the poor employee into it again who has not been mentioned here for ages.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I thought that comment that Admin Ruth made was strange, saying that Sali's thread on the Facebook group had received many rude and insensitive comments. Untrue! I did a quick skim through the comments and they are 97% 'oh wow, you look amazing', 2% 'that doesn't look grey to me, that looks blonde' and one comment which is baldly uncomplimentary. That's it.
I mean, people are annoying aren’t they. Tell thousands of people = more nice comments and more annoying ones. It’s not rocket science.

Also, everyone loves a big hair reveal. Presumably it’s engagement gold. Also the Vogue piece. If you can handle the mixed feedback you’ll receive. I’d hate it. I wonder if her followers have increased accordingly, I would think so.

Also - sorry to keep editing but - I doubt all the people giving feedback she doesn’t like are on here. The whole point of here is that it’s not direct I thought?

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
AdmirableBronzeFlea-small.gif

WTF is she so angry about? I'd be off having a satisfying walk along the pebbly beach in my cheering Breton top rather than worrying about what a bunch of lonely embittered sewer rats have to say about a new 'do.

Truly baffling.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Annnnd .... we have an outdoor shot now, with a red lip (nothing to do with the hair*, of course)

*looks blonde 🤭

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 2.00.04 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m just wondering which of you - as per Ruth’s comments - have been showing yer arses in public.

Own up, who are the Dubai-holidaying instahuns?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When has anybody here ever said she can't stand her kids?
What an utterly bizarre thing to say and for her children to read.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.