Sali Hughes #32 Here's one moisturiser, now piss off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello, sorry I'm very late with this observation but I haven't been on Tattle for a while... THAT JOY DIVISION JUMPER. šŸ˜±

Please don't, Sali. You're nearer to 50 than you are 25. Spending hundreds on a jumper featuring the name of a band who I'm 99.9% certain you can only name one song by is tragic.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
How very wrong you are, @Corbyn'sCat. Sali was actually moshing it at the bandā€™s legendary final gig in May 1980. Yes, she was very young, but as we know she was a child prodigy when it comes to nightlife. #legalfact

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Iā€™m definitely a Gen Xer as Iā€™m in my 47th year. My mum sends me those WhatsApp voice notes when she canā€™t be bothered to type. I respond back by texting or calling. I donā€™t think my Gen Z children listen to their Voicemail either.

Reactions: 4
She wore a Smiths T-shirt to her first *school disco, Chanel and a red lip. It were the first instance of me thinking I was in the wrong place content wise.

*Weā€™re of similar vintage, I wore a turquoise puffball 2 piece from What She Wants.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
She wore a Smiths T-shirt to her first *school disco, Chanel and a red lip. It were the first instance of me thinking I was in the wrong place content wise.

*Weā€™re of similar vintage, I wore a turquoise puffball 2 piece from What She Wants.
I canā€™t remember exactly what I wore but it was almost definitely from Clockhouse at C&A or Tammy Girl and I thought I looked the absolute dogā€™s bollocks.

Reactions: 10
Clockhouse - for sure thought I was real fancy schmancy.

Oh yeah, and at said disco I had a side pony - well it was a normal pony that I tried to pull and wedge across my head (so it looked neither nor and basically as if Iā€™d just got up).My mum felt actual side ponytails were common ya kno.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I am 43, a millennial (i think) sent me a WhatsApp voice note and I honestly didnā€™t know what was happening to me. I texted right back.
Same age and I HATE voice notes. For some reason they really freak me out.

Reactions: 5
Clockhouse - for sure thought I was real fancy schmancy.

Oh yeah, and at said disco I had a side pony - well it was a normal pony that I tried to pull and wedge across my head (so it looked neither nor and basically as if Iā€™d just got up).My mum felt actual side ponytails were common ya kno.
That was the era of the (bad)home perm for me, moussed to the max and crispy as hell. I think it wouldā€™ve snapped if Iā€™d have tried to tie it up.

• Haha
Perms were a hard no also from Mam. Also *common.

*I am not calling you common, I do apologise, these were not my prejudices - everything I liked or wanted was common, it felt like.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Those jumpers are cashmere, by a brand called Hades and cost hundreds of pounds. They are so try-hard. It pains me slightly to think about the thought process leading up to buying one.

ā€œstill coolā€
ā€still got itā€
ā€I remember this bandā€
ā€Morrissey is a racist now?ā€
ā€titā€

• Haha
Reactions: 20

What She Wants, puffball skirts, oh such wonderful fashion and shopping memories. We had some bloody good fashions growing up in the 1980s. These Xennials, millennials and Gen Z donā€™t know theyā€™re born etc etc.šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I wore floor-length polka-dotted black tulle to my school disco. Felt a bit of a twit tbh. Start as you mean to go on...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
These school disco outfit memories are making my day šŸ’–šŸ¤£ x just had a flashback to trying to act cool in a highly flammable Lady Di blouse and knicker bockers

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
These school disco outfit memories are making my day šŸ’–šŸ¤£ x just had a flashback to trying to act cool in a highly flammable Lady Di blouse and knicker bockers
Likewise. I had velvet knickerbockers and thought I was the beeā€™s knees in them. I also had some fabulous purple satin disco trousers.

• Haha
Influencers wearing Joy Division stuff has been a thing for a while. Not sure if you are aware of Tanya Burr (YouTuber) but she got laughed at in 2016 for it. She also wore a Slits jumper šŸ˜‚
Is it that they by the nature of their work are very conformist? Their slavish love of consumerism and celebrity and advertising couldn't be less anarchic. Even if they refuse to use a lip brush.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.