Sali Hughes #32 Here's one moisturiser, now piss off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @zcfthc5 for the thread title suggestion. Won by a huge majority. Your prize is a bag of baby potatoes to get in you at your leisure :sick:

Recap.
* As mentioned Sali eats potatoes in every form. I think it might be her *thing*
* She has seen Lisa Eldridge's makeup series and was asked to write about it but was far too busy 🤭
* She has fearlessly championed the return of the Body Shop avocado body butter. The product no one everyone was crying out for.
* Hersheson's are still cruelly ignoring her pleas for a free haircut. Who will care for the caregivers? :cry:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Can only wonder what is being paid or what deal has been struck behind the scenes for her to devote an entire column to that BS body butter.

Reactions: 18
“Yep.” Is she fuming this hanger on hadn’t already noticed that Sali had approved this crisp (*bangs gavel*)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Another couple of influencers i follow have been championing that avocado body butter this week. Something fishy going on here.....

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Is the Guardian’s code of conduct online anywhere?
It would be interesting to see what their position on ‘payola’ is.

note to lawyers: not suggesting anything of that sort is going on here of course. Just asking for curiosity.

🧑‍⚖️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ooh Sali on Radio 4 now talking about Moss Bros and the growing popularity of subscription services. She is all for them. Oh dear she inhales noisily and gasps such a lot - really obvious on the radio 😬

No mention of her trolls.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ooh Sali on Radio 4 now talking about Moss Bros and the growing popularity of subscription services. She is all for them. Oh dear she inhales noisily and gasps such a lot - really obvious on the radio 😬

No mention of her trolls.
What does Sali know about Moss Bros? (genuinely curious as an ex employee)

Reactions: 6
What does Sali know about Moss Bros? (genuinely curious as an ex employee)
Moss Bros now have a subscription service (I think?) and Sali was on talking about subscription services generally. The was a other commentator, who talked more and went into the environmental impact of more delivery vans. Sali really just said something like some subscription services are good {{{gasp}}} and others aren't. In a variety of ways. Don't think she had a particular view of MB.

Reactions: 1
Ah fair, they've always done rental, but I guess 'subscription' sounds more modern.
Wow, that sounds very insightful from our Sal.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yes, I heard that too and wasn't sure what expertise she was supposed to be bringing to the table, even after she'd finished speaking.
I guess she's a retail expert if you consider all the shilling she does? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Another couple of influencers i follow have been championing that avocado body butter this week. Something fishy going on here.....
Clearly a big PR push by The Body Shop going on. Are they the kind of influencers who don't get out of bed for less than 10k or are they smaller ones still doing stuff on the basis of gifted product?

Yes, I heard that too and wasn't sure what expertise she was supposed to be bringing to the table, even after she'd finished speaking.
I guess she's a retail expert if you consider all the shilling she does? 🤷‍♀️
And I thought it odd Beauty Banks was mentioned in the intro to who she was (not by her). Literally nothing to do with the topic.
She was an odd choice to talk about it overall. The other person was far more knowledgeable.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.