Sali Hughes #3 Weak dilutes & boiled piss, if only! I invented the aubergine penis emoji.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not re-watching her raging story but did she address the fact that she and her cronies were caught stalking?
She skirted over that and went into virtually no detail. Then she lied. Quite a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
This is the thing that I am still outraged by. I thought the expression / movement of her face looked odd on a IG video and googled Sali Hughes botox. 1 result was a comment on IG where she said she'd had it in the past and would again. The other was this site. I saw one other IG comment from SH someone posted on here where she claimed that she'd always been transparent about and called the person asking about it a troll. Nothing else.
That's not transparency and a lot of women feel duped. The website where she wrote openly about having botox before no longer exists.
She had previously written about her intention to embrace aging as it should be celebrated as it is preferable to the alternative. She wrote a Guardian column about eyebrows or eyelashes being far more effective than botox in rejuvenating one's appearance. She has given interviews promoting one of her books stating she wants to widen our definition of beauty. Doubtless it's not about trying to look young but about not wanting to looked "tired", a tired justification.
Do you realize shes sent emails and private messages to people about her botox? She's commented on Instagram questions (rarely) and seemingly wrote an article or two on a defunct website.

Crystal clear transparency from Sali.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Do you realize shes sent emails and private messages to people about her botox? She's commented on Instagram questions (rarely) and seeningly wrote an article or two on a defunct website.

Crystal clear transparency from Sali.
Haha. I've seen her invite people to DM her for recommendations (this was 1st time round for GTL so some time ago). I've also seen her recommend Dr FPJ recently when asked on FB, without mentioning that she was a client.

Reactions: 2
Haha. I've seen her invite people to DM her for recommendations (this was 1st time round for GTL so some time ago). I've also seen her recommend Dr FPJ recently when asked on FB, without mentioning that she was a client.
Who is Dr FPJ?

Reading Twitter replies and astonishing lack of irony from people complaining about "haven't they got better things to do with their time than post on the internet all day?"! :unsure:

and the old classic misogynistic label of "jealous" for people who dare to have a different opinion. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Reading Twitter replies and astonishing lack of irony from people complaining about "haven't they got better things to do with their time than post on the internet all day?"! :unsure:

and the old classic misogynistic label of "jealous" for people who dare to have a different opinion. :rolleyes:
I think whats pretty telling is that no one has come on here to defend her after reading all the posts. A few people, like myself, have read everything and listened to her video and decided her version isn't quite so saintly.

You trawl her @ on twitter and its all very defensive and reacting solely to the emotional insta video. Its the same reaction I had until I read it all on here and made a judgement.

Reactions: 13
Oh god, the prevailing culture amongst Mumsnetters makes the site unreadable these days. It’s rare for a thread not to end in a pile on of uppity, humourless people. I see the thread about Sali is no exception.
I left Mumsnet because it had indeed become humourless .Full of shite , made up threads which had posters clapping like demented seals “I vote for classics”🙄.

Reactions: 9
Does she think that her rant will stop people discussing her and how she has been shown how she reacts to criticism?

She is close to Tilbury and those allegations about her and the company are still there for all to see , will she address them in due course , having such honesty and integrity I’m sure she’d not just brush it under the carpet🤔.

Reactions: 3
I knew she'd reference people (of which I am one) talking about her dead relatives. She has made much of her working class credentials while being very vague about her parents' occupations. If you blur the line between your personal and professional lives (as Katherine Flett and IK did in the 90s, as SH did with GTL creating a group for strangers and discussing and divulging personal info there in a bud to boost her career, arguably as SH has done with IG by offering glimpses of her home and social life) then you really need to work out where you are willing to draw the line and if what comes with it is worth it to further your career. I don't think that because you are selling yourself then you should expect intrusion or people are entitled to more but people can scrutinise and question the information you present and compare it to other information in the public domain or obtained by wholly legal means (one might even say information that that person had stupidly made available about thrmselves). I am not defending intrusion by the press or by private individuals. I very much believe people in the public eye are entitled to a private life and can choose what they want to share. That is not the same as thinking that the public cannot question what is shared and must accept it wholly.

Reactions: 10
She will have all the insta shillers jumping on this, I have already seen folks who have had their shilling (rightfully) questioned, the ad dodgers, the face tuners, the bullies and the frankly wholly duplicitous repost this as a way of silencing perfectly valid questions that have arisen due to their own lies and half truths.

Reactions: 4
Should people not be allowed to question influencers? They clearly have a messiah complex if they believe they're above scrutiny or question

Reactions: 16
It basically all boils down facing increasing scrutiny as rules tighten up. They are throwing a strop that they can't be as sneaky as they used to be.

They thought the wild wild west days would last forever on social media.

It's cutting her nose off to spite her face to make up lies about what's posted here. Maybe only 1% of her followers will find out the truth this week, but slowly that'll increase.

Will be nice when this whole infuencer phase passes.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She's saying she/her lawyers have details at least half of us.... 🔎🗄🔬That's surely nonesense?! What exactly has been done or said that's legally problematic? Plus... We have "shitmouths" for discussing the nature of her friendship with Carey 🧐💩

One thing I've seen mentioned is that people have contacted her family/people she works with directly, which must be really scary and upsetting.

I did see further up this thread that folk on here have been contacted by people associated with her as well though. So..?

I do feel this whole business is misjudged and will quite possibly backfire on her. Of course anyone is going to feel hurt, angry etc when they see personal comments about them. They're only human and I know I would hate it.

However, encouraging a social media pile on twitter...like I said before, that comes across to me as bullying and a misuse of power.

Reactions: 3
She's saying she/her lawyers have details at least half of us.... 🔎🗄🔬
As my Dad would say, what a load of flannel.

One thing I've seen mentioned is that people have contacted her family/people she works with directly, which must be really scary and upsetting.
I would love to see evidence that this actually happened, to multiple friends and family members, and it was definitely a Tattle poster or posters. Who was contacted and what was said? If it did (and I have doubts) then it’s utterly unacceptable.

Reactions: 5
I would love to see evidence that this actually happened, to multiple friends and family members, and it was definitely a Tattle poster or posters. Who was contacted and what was said? If it did (and I have doubts) then it’s utterly unacceptable.
I would like to see that too, because it's quite an accusation, isn't it?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.