Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep, the very premise is arrogant. And redundant. And like you said, who on earth is the target audience?

Reactions: 6
Yep, the very premise is arrogant. And redundant. And like you said, who on earth is the target audience?
It isn't a handy guide for the smart woman :sick: at all is it? The publisher must know it will be out of date and redundant before it gets into a shop if that was it's purpose.
This is Sali's way of doing a memoir loosely disguised as 'life lessons'. It is for her friends and that demographic for self recognition, and to smugly reassure each other that they are doing things 'the right way'. Nobody will look at it for 'tips'. It will just be a rehash of Twitter and The Pool think pieces. Sali's thoughts on everything with the loose premise of questions that need to be answered.

And as said upthread, I'm baffled she apparently will write about sex - as the fact we repeated here THINGS SHE HERSELF SAID about her sex life required much pearl clutching and gasping at the smelling salts.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree but also some people just loved an excuse to post a picture of their face and wait for the compliments.

Reactions: 9
Most forums are anonymous but SHB wasn't with people openly posting photos and many having their real name. That ended up being it's downfall. I wonder is that why Sali can't get her head around 'anonymous trolls'. But anonymity for forums is a more common practice than the open nature of hers

Reactions: 5
I wasn't on it that much but I do remember there was once a Q and A thread where you could ask Sali anything beauty related. People asked questions and she took ages to respond, someone said why did you offer to do this when you're not replying? She got tit with people calling her rude and so on

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wasn't on it that much but I do remember there was once a Q and A thread where you could ask Sali anything beauty related. People asked questions and she took ages to respond, someone said why did you offer to do this when you're not replying? She got tit with people calling her rude and so on
God she really sees herself as some kind of aspirational lifestyle guru

• Haha
Reactions: 7
If this book simply references pieces which were written and published before, will each chapter be like
Chapter 1 “How to poach an egg”
I literally wrote a tweet about this - see tweet.
Chapter 2 “Finding your style”
See previous

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Most forums are anonymous but SHB wasn't with people openly posting photos and many having their real name. That ended up being it's downfall. I wonder is that why Sali can't get her head around 'anonymous trolls'. But anonymity for forums is a more common practice than the open nature of hers
I quite liked that openness - it’s what allowed for so many to become friends. I think the problem was the cliques - Sali with her “Shed” guys and the clique of people she favoured. Anyone who agreed with her viewpoint was ok, and those who had dissenting views (no matter how well founded) were demonised and quashed very quickly.

Here - people do dissent but differing viewpoints are heard and respected (at least on the Sali threads) and bigotry is shown the door very quickly. There, apologism for racism and homophobia was rife.

The problem, to be quite honest, was Sali herself and the mean girls culture she encouraged and actively perpetuated. That was what led to the mass departure of members a few years ago on the forum.

Serves her right.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She tweeted about a raffle for a prize of a 60 minute beauty consultation with her and a goodie bag. The charity is a good cause (children in need) to be fair

I quite liked that openness - it’s what allowed for so many to become friends. I think the problem was the cliques - Sali with her “Shed” guys and the clique of people she favoured. Anyone who agreed with her viewpoint was ok, and those who had dissenting views (no matter how well founded) were demonised and quashed very quickly.

Here - people do dissent, but differing viewpoints are heard and respected (at least on the Sali threads) and bigotry is shown the door very quickly.

The problem, to be quite honest, was Sali herself and the mean girls culture she encouraged and actively perpetuated. That was what led to the mass departure of members a few years ago on the forum.

Serves her right.
Yeah and the mods acting like they were all knowing and untouchable

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.