Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Technically I only need 4, but I have six (I loathe every influencer who went on about Ruby Woo, it’s like trying to apply chalk and is a waste of money. I don’t know why I haven’t chucked it).
You made me count mine. 22. A few in there I don't wear but I always think I might need them for a self portrait session with a certain look (photographer) so I find it hard to downsize. Maybe I can at least declutter similar shades based on how they apply and stay on.

I like Ruby Woo and Russian Red (which has the same issues imho). Both look great on me and they just stay on all day. That's very convenient
But they are super drying, I see why they may not be everybody's favourite.

Reactions: 7
I thought it was just me who couldn’t wear ruby woo. I did really like the liquid lipsticks that dried Matt, have a fiery red one from Nars and a true red one from Mac that I used to use a lot. They lasted and didn’t take a layer of skin off like Ruby woo felt it did. I should chuck it - need to remember the sunk cost principle and get rid of makeup. I do keep palettes far too long - don’t even have time to do complicated eye makeup anymore.

Reactions: 5
I thought it was just me who couldn’t wear ruby woo. I did really like the liquid lipsticks that dried Matt, have a fiery red one from Nars and a true red one from Mac that I used to use a lot. They lasted and didn’t take a layer of skin off like Ruby woo felt it did. I should chuck it - need to remember the sunk cost principle and get rid of makeup. I do keep palettes far too long - don’t even have time to do complicated eye makeup anymore.
I finally tossed ruby woo last year. Felt great, do recommend 😂

Reactions: 4
Ruby Woo is a witch to apply but stays like no one’s business. To make it easier to get on I smother my lips in lip balm and apply over the slick base to get a tint of colour. Blot with a tissue and then just thickened up the coat that’s there. I think I have about 30 lipsticks all up, used to have more but I’ve been working my way through them in the last year. Not buying any more until I can about halve that number.

Reactions: 6
I've not been here for a while. Got lured away by jack monroe.

I see there is more Meghan news today which always sets Sali's playground instincts off. I think she thinks her and M are best friends or they would be if she could only do an in the bathroom with her. Bizarre vehemence whenever she talks about ther. Or rather totally typical vehemence from Sali!

• Haha
She’s now linked a follower asking about eye cream to the GUARDIAN HOME PAGE... I just can’t! What is going on in her head? How to be more passive-aggressive to your fans day by day?

5BD46489-DE92-416E-8391-7755C0038944.jpeg

Thousands? 🙄 #thousands

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Ruby Woo is a witch to apply but stays like no one’s business. To make it easier to get on I smother my lips in lip balm and apply over the slick base to get a tint of colour. Blot with a tissue and then just thickened up the coat that’s there. I think I have about 30 lipsticks all up, used to have more but I’ve been working my way through them in the last year. Not buying any more until I can about halve that number.
If I try to apply ruby woo regardless of what I do I end up with it just peeling straight off. Shame because I do like the colour.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
But I thought you didn’t use eye cream Sali?

Also - I get that it must be annoying to be asked all these stupid questions but that is the approachable friendly persona SHE created. She was always below the line on the guardian and she started her own fb group and forum ffs!

Reactions: 14
You can hear her sigh when people ask her questions like that - she’s so put upon

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
I’m assuming it’s because she’s not using a dedicated eye cream, AND she applies acid and presumably retinol around the eye area.
Sorry late to the convo - but skin gets crepey. It just does. No matter what we do. Some people might be fortunate to age without it happening or get filler or whatever but tbh I'm in my early 40s and it's crepey. I'm ok with it.

I think in this case the heavy under-eye make-up isn't helping. Personally - as I've got older - I've found that any under-eye make-up makes it looks worse.
And it's honestly the place I need make up the most because my eyes have become dark and sunken. So frustrating.

I just rewatched and wow, the contrast between the top of her forehead and her parting 😱 Once you see it, it's all you see.

Yeah sticks like this have been around for ages but usually they're just advertised as being for lips and cheeks, whereas this one says it can be used as an eyeshadow and under eye corrector as well. No reason why you can't do that with any other product though. But it's so unhygienic to apply the product directly from the stick to your eye area if it's touched your lips/cheeks already 🤢 When KJH does this she uses brushes. Not sure why Sali doesn't. She'll have actual pinkeye soon and won't have to use that unflattering shade of eyeshadow 😂
TBH as my hair has thinned I've noticed a massive difference in the colour of my forehead/face compared to the skin on my scalp. Just years of sun exposure. Like my face is fine, I have good skin, but a definite difference between scalp and face colour.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
It’s like she’s declared a petty war on anyone who isn’t familiar with her complete oeuvre. Or, god forbid, hopes for a quick up to date rec without trawling through her #thousands of poorly disguised ads.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Meanwhile companies pay a lot of money for the engagement she gets and her response is basically get lost figure it out yourself.

• Sick
Reactions: 16
But I thought you didn’t use eye cream Sali?

Also - I get that it must be annoying to be asked all these stupid questions but that is the approachable friendly persona SHE created. She was always below the line on the guardian and she started her own fb group and forum ffs!
I saw that tweet, typically unhelpful and rude response. I also saw a comment on her replying to some poor soul asking what eyeliner she was wearing or something with 'SEE CAPTION' and another helpful person replying to Sali with, 'it must be so annoying to have to keep telling people to read the caption'. Yeah, poor Sali wearing her fingers to the bone :cry:

Also, I don't see why it should be annoying. Plenty of people post nice replies to their IG and tweets - Cher Webb is always very polite and helpful and always gets loads of comments on her posts. If Sali finds it that annoying she should resign her post as influencer expert content creator.

Reactions: 14
I imagine that her publishers are desperately trying to claw back expenditure on the book, so I’ve kindly knocked up a cover for them. Gratis. I don’t have the technical skills to get rid of the green bit, but I feel it kind of works as a sub (sub) title, conveying her ‘can’t be bothered’ vibe.

F9CC1248-974B-4706-AE10-8DEC6937EE0B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I imagine that her publishers are desperately trying to claw back expenditure on the book, so I’ve kindly knocked up a cover for them. Gratis. I don’t have the technical skills to get rid of the green bit, but I feel it kind of works as a sub (sub) title, conveying her ‘can’t be bothered’ vibe.

View attachment 464489
The only thing missing is the tiny #ad hidden in the corner 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.