Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can picture it now

"My trolls are so relentless that one crashed rudely onto my Insta to denounce Brighton beach. This I took to heart because though I am from the Welsh Valleys, I now consider myself as Brightonian as the pier, the arcade and the Chili Pickle where I celebrated my wedding breakfast. To cast aspersions on this beach is a grave personal insult to me, in this place I have called home for a decade and a half. You can take the girl out of the Welsh Valleys but you can't take the Welsh Valley out of the girl, or so they say. I would counter that when you take the girl out of the Welsh Valleys and place her on a pebble-dashed seashore, that's where her heart and core will remain. Pebbles crunching underfoot a chunky Grenson boot, I simply couldn't countenance feeling at home anywhere else"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Honestly if I get one compliment a year I’m buzzin. I can’t imagine what a daily deluge feels like ....maybe a bit nuts, like, I read the obvious sycophancy under posts and it’s like white noise, it’s not meaningful and content creators must know the difference, But anyway irrespective of weirdness, yes, it’s why 8 people elsewhere on the internet annoy her and her Assistant so much.

Reactions: 13
Honestly if I get one compliment a year I’m buzzin. I can’t imagine what a daily deluge feels like ....maybe a bit nuts, like, I read the obvious sycophancy under posts and it’s like white noise, it’s not meaningful and content creators must know the difference, But anyway irrespective of weirdness, yes, it’s why 8 people elsewhere on the internet annoy her and her Assistant so much.
Quite. And why she takes somebody saying 'I don't like where you live' as a personal attack. Honestly I love where I live but if anyone criticised it I would go 'meh fair enough'.
I can only presume Sali hates Tattle so much because it touches a nerve. Obviously people here are not unhinged wierdos shouting in the void but informed and intelligent commentors. Therefore slinging insults this way such as racist mentally unwell potential stalkers is the only way she can rationalise it. Far easier to accept that than a forum of a few disappointed former fans who question her professional ethics.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Gosh, so she has form for these ignorant kinds of remarks.
There's a setting on the web version. Must be one on the app too

Reactions: 1
Thank you for finding it and taking a pic. I’m glad we have more proof to add to our ever growing list of receipts. Though I certainly wish we didn’t! 😖

The "lezza" thing was atrocious. A poster said that she found it reminiscent of childhood bullying she had endured. She didn't even suggest that people stop doing it just why she found it problematic. It was decided that the right to call each other lezza was more important than consideration of how lesbian GTL members felt reading it.

FeeBee and Hirons on "trans issues" was good too. Very thoughtful discussion. (It wasn't)

Thread title - Get the Look, bang a gif, Get the Look*

* with apologies to Marc Bolan
I remember the “lezza” point being objected to by another GTL-er. I also remember being swamped by people in DMs telling me how outraged they were. Well wtf didn’t you speak up then??? No good telling me in private, is it?

@melfish - who liked the pweirdo comment, please? Apparently 5 people did!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
It's actually part of an almost comic-skit level conversation (topic notwithstanding) between Sali and FeeBee, where Sali tries repeatedly to explain to FeeBee that not all abuse victims become abusers but almost all abusers were abused. But poor FeeBee keeps not getting it

• Sad
Reactions: 4
20210220_004613.jpg
It's actually part of an almost comic-skit level conversation (topic notwithstanding) between Sali and FeeBee, where Sali tries repeatedly to explain to FeeBee that not all abuse victims become abusers but almost all abusers were abused. But poor FeeBee keeps not getting it
Haha, I remember that bizarrely (though not the screenshot you posted).
Can only find this amongst my screenshots- this was under the discussion of "trans issues" after Julie Burchill wrote an article in defence of Suzanne Moore, which the Observer pulled the same day. But there was another separate discussion- possibly started by a gay womsn talking about how she felt about the jokey use of "lezza" ( but that's from memory so may be wrong).

YOU CANNOT BE OFFENDED ON SOMEONE'S BEHALF FEEBEE*

*unless they don't think much of Brighton Beach aka your friend's home.

I remember her defending John Peel as well because, well, it's John Peel. And who can blame girls for throwing themselves at him.
For those that don't know, Peel's first wife was 15 when they married in Texas, he 27. Another 15 year old aborted his child - he was 30. There was a quote which I can't find that when girls were throwing themselves at him in the 70s he "didn't ask for a birth certificate".

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Just caught up on the new thread. Only comment I have is that leopard print makes excellent camouflage material if you need to blend into a pebbled beach, such as the one in Brighton.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I read Jane’s story but I didn’t know the others...

I read Jane’s story but I didn’t know the others...

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Feebee was an apologist for John Peel? :sick:
This, plus her lezza and p*edo comments, are awful, but to then feel she can pass judgement on here? Wtaf. She and Sali should trawl through all these threads and try to find one comment as bad as those.

Reactions: 4
She said who can blame girls for throwing themselves at him (implying he was so fit, after all). It was after the Savile story all came out and she said that what Peel did was nothing like what Savile was accused of which though true isn't really the point.

I remember because my dad died about a week before the Savile programme aired and that was also when I was on GTL more.

If anyone's interested (it is Julie Burchill but she wasn't too bad when she wrote this). Peel didn't sue.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
She had a genuine talent for writing. And genuinely doesn't seem to give a duck what people think, for good or ill.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was just about to post about Sali’s naff hush ads!

View attachment 440959

View attachment 440961

@Mselvista’s post below was bang on the money!!

ETA: is it just me or does Sali’s boot look like the upper is coming apart from the sole? Look at the second pic in the bottom right hand corner. Her style is soooo skanky.
Why didn’t she just wait a few days for a blue sky/sparkly sea day, rather than a foggy pea-souper that makes it look like she’s wearing sunglasses because she’s had laser eye surgery?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.