Sali Hughes #28 See thread

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Days later, neither the animal-loving vegetarian herself or AHC have replied...

AAC09110-2D75-4D8C-B70B-7B77EF5E02B0.jpeg

20A318E3-E79A-428B-A54B-158DFC24E565.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
She is now actually using the horrendous experiences that NHS staff have gone through to promote her own personal ‘brand’. I don’t think she can sink any lower.
And the charity also offers her a shield against any criticism too. It's so calculated

Re the curry discussion above, I get the whole mansplaining thing, but I would have broken myself laughing if, instead of responding’you have good taste’ he’d replied ‘STFU whitey’ 😂
It doesn't have a mansplaining tone to me at all 🤷‍♀️

Just reads like someone a bit excited to talk about their cuisine

Reactions: 15
And the charity also offers her a shield against any criticism too. It's so calculated

I agree @melfish

He was clearly making pleasant conversation. Sali's snippy response would have been the same towards a woman, we've all seen similar responses towards women who have dared to comment

I looked at the Chilli Pickle website. One of them seems to have worked 'in hotels in Dubai' which apparently have very strong Indian influences :censored:

I don't know what to make of the Beauty Banks/Superdrug pushing in her column. Something about it does seem off. I know it is not for her personal gain but still. She could've easily written about care for front line NHS staff without mentioning BB at all. A bit self congratulatory? And the 'my charity' 😮 - not 'the charity I co-founded'.
It is for personal gain. It's brand-building in a national newspaper

Sali the philanthropist™

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Days later, neither the animal-loving vegetarian herself or AHC have replied...

View attachment 458600
View attachment 458603
I just had a look re the cruelty free aspect - not very easy to find. On the AHC website it doesn't mention cruelty free (which doesn't necessarily mean it isn't - but you would think it would be mentioned).
I only found one mention on Amazon - where they said 'AHC does not test their products on animals' - but that could be a loophole in that yes, the final product isn't, but the component parts might be? Especially if they buy in elements?
Come on Sali - answer the question.

Reactions: 5
View attachment 458692

Sali trolled by The Guardian's The Measure section
I didn't realise it was part of a broader IG movement. Thought it was a Sali thing, like the strange noises she makes when she speaks

Glad someone is tackling the issues of the day and I am not the only one disproportionately annoyed by this 🤣

They really are clones, aren't they?

Someone could probably make an AI influencer account and no one would know the difference. Their faces are plastic-y anyhow, and don't really move normally

• Haha
Reactions: 9
@melfish there are some AI influencers already, at least one of whom has 3m followers :eek:

The future is now, and it’s f*cking terrifying. Fortunately I’m too old for them to trickle down to my Explore page!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

Just reads like someone a bit excited to talk about their cuisine
Quite. He sounded like an Asian man just being friendly and offering helpful tips. Sali, as ever, has seen, done and eaten it all so of course she has no time for him.

Gosh, she’s unpleasant

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Contemptuous. Though she'd probably call it "sass"

It's a really unappealing trait
I fear she’d call it a woman being assertive, and thus any criticism of her is misogynistic and having an issue with a strong woman.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Lol she’s straight up got an attitude problem. Nothing more nothing less.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Judging by how short she is with public queries vs how verbose she is in her columns, the Guardian must have a great per-word rate 🙂🤑

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It’s these sorts of replies that first made me wonder. But then I’d tell myself, why does she have to ‘be nice’ when she’s a woman - as I know I’d reply to messages like that saying something like ‘ooh yes, I agree, thanks’ but I’m a people pleaser and it’s probably not my best trait! I think women should do less of that. BUT - then doesn’t it work both ways, if you’re not going to try to make people like you, can you be so thin skinned when they make it clear they don’t?

If you don’t suffer fools gladly, then a thick skin might also be needed against those that think you’re a fool. Hence again, I could not be an influencer!

It’s these sorts of replies that first made me wonder. But then I’d tell myself, why does she have to ‘be nice’ when she’s a woman - as I know I’d reply to messages like that saying something like ‘ooh yes, I agree, thanks’ but I’m a people pleaser and it’s probably not my best trait! I think women should do less of that. BUT - then doesn’t it work both ways, if you’re not going to try to make people like you, can you be so thin skinned when they make it clear they don’t?

If you don’t suffer fools gladly, then a thick skin might also be needed against those that think you’re a fool. Hence again, I could not be an influencer!
I don't think it's anything to do with being a woman, it's being a decent and kind human

But being nice is not a bad trait or a sign of weakness or being a pushover. She's unnecessarily snippy even with polite responses/ comments

Reactions: 12
Not being a people pleaser doesn't mean you have to be a c%*t. There's a spectrum

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Re berated twitter man - my barometer would be would she be so rude to a blue ticker (not including Owen Jones)? Well we all know she wouldn't. Make of that what you will. She may well be irritated non celeb people contribute to her twitter convos but they are public convos. And he was incredibly polite.
And I for one have found his fenugreek for thickening sauces tip very helpful.
But hey much better to trust someone whose experience seems to be working at a hotel in Dubai 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.