Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably best if Sali hadn't broadcast this. I know in another twitter post she said that LIDL had been in touch with her and were pleased with their employee.
Well they were hardly going to admit if they were fuming were they?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
When she describes Claridges as "blowsy", what was she going for? I thought blowsy meant sloppy or unkempt

At least it does when I'm from

Maybe she meant blouse-y

Reactions: 5
A very important distinction, well worth mentioning
Indeed, they are in difficult circumstances. We wouldn’t want them to feel like we think they’re second class...like the kind of people who buy off brand goods.
Oh the idea of Sali navigating Lidl. It’s absolutely bursting with cheap crisps, I hope she treated herself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
My first instinct on the 'amazing deal' that they stockpiled is that they took an amazing deal away from families who have a genuine need to shop at a low cost supermarket and get an amazing deal- how annoying would it be to read about this amazing deal and find that the shelves had been cleared by some Twitter luvvie who is angling for an OBE

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I did also wonder if the employee might be identified and bolllocked because of that tweet.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Also, I call BS on the employee giving a discount without being asked to do so. They chanced their arm, I'd be sure of it.

Annoys me they got a discount on an 'amazing deal' when they would have put the whole thing through as a business expense and gotten money back

Also, isn't it LIDL or maybe Aldi, that train checkout counter staff to not make small talk and be efficient etc. So that makes the checkout operative asking what the items are for a bit unlikely IMO

There's no way that Jo Jones- someone who works in PR and Sali would not have asked for a discount themselves. "Please give us a discount for this charity and we'll make sure you're recognised by your employer on social media. It will go viral and everyone will talk about how wonderful it is" is how I imagine the conversation went

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I won’t slag her for buying branded. We get donations at my work, sometimes this is toiletries. Sometimes it is terrible quality value stuff that you could only use to degrease a car engine. In all honesty, we could do more with the 29p or whatever the shower gel had cost, because nobody will take or use it. Now, fair enough, some budget products are brilliant (longtime lover of the supermarket dupe right here!), but if you wouldn’t use it yourself, you shouldn’t be buying it/donating it. I wish everyone understood this, but they don’t. I realise I sound desperately ungrateful here!

I otherwise find the tweet weird. I tried to legitimately buy a decent amount of hand soap for my work at the start of the pandemic and was denied even when I showed my work ID and explained why I was trying to buy quite a lot. I was obviously polite about it, I just asked the question, explained my reasons and accepted it when I was denied. I can’t imagine any shop takes too kindly to stockpiling at the moment, it creates fear amongst people and causes further stockpiling.
Surely you would use your contacts to either buy wholesale at source or perhaps secure donations from suppliers?

Reactions: 20
I won’t slag her for buying branded. We get donations at my work, sometimes this is toiletries. Sometimes it is terrible quality value stuff that you could only use to degrease a car engine. In all honesty, we could do more with the 29p or whatever the shower gel had cost, because nobody will take or use it. Now, fair enough, some budget products are brilliant (longtime lover of the supermarket dupe right here!), but if you wouldn’t use it yourself, you shouldn’t be buying it/donating it. I wish everyone understood this, but they don’t. I realise I sound desperately ungrateful here!

I otherwise find the tweet weird. I tried to legitimately buy a decent amount of hand soap for my work at the start of the pandemic and was denied even when I showed my work ID and explained why I was trying to buy quite a lot. I was obviously polite about it, I just asked the question, explained my reasons and accepted it when I was denied. I can’t imagine any shop takes too kindly to stockpiling at the moment, it creates fear amongst people and causes further stockpiling.
Surely you would use your contacts to either buy wholesale at source or perhaps secure donations from suppliers?
Oh I agree with the first paragraph however I don't like that she stockpiled an amazing deal (her words) in a low cost supermarket- it's taking the amazing deal away from families who do actually have a genuine need for an amazing deal at a low cost supermarket

Reactions: 14
This is one of those times where she will claim she can't win though as it is going to the charity at least.

Reactions: 7
Oh I agree with the first paragraph however I don't like that she stockpiled an amazing deal (her words) in a low cost supermarket- it's taking the amazing deal away from families who do actually have a genuine need for an amazing deal at a low cost supermarket
I completely agree with you on that one!

Reactions: 2
"I can't win" Well sorry love, you put it in the public domain and no one forced you to.
For me, the issue is that Sali is always trying to win. She cannot accept that other people will disagree with her actions, her writing, her style and so on. If she feels that she can’t win, maybe she should look at what that’s an issue? She has so much going for her and so much that could bring fulfilment, and yet she’s perpetually snippy and snide.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.