Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Sali is a bit washed up. We need a fresh new beauty editor who hasnā€™t ā€œseen it all beforeā€ I think itā€™s time for Sali to hand over the Batton. Also all these threads are just alluding to some sort of celebrity. She really is quite a nobody and I want to see her replaced. Also I only learned about this thread when she drew my attention to it, which in turn is a great publicity own goal.
I know Sali will say 'those trolls just want me to lose my job' but I agree. She might have been great in 2011 but she's stuck in a time warp. Beauty has moved on and she is extremely snobby about new advances in beauty. I've said it before but I've gotten my best recommendations recently from this thread, not Sali

Reactions: 15
I got half way through the interview on the cult beauty site and gave up.... it is the Sali bingo - change of story again on getting the guardian job.. statement that she is more than just a beauty writer... I could go on but Iā€™m boring myself now

Ffffing hell. Hot cloth cleansing for 30 years. Did you all know Sali invented the flannel?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I got half way through the interview on the cult beauty site and gave up.... it is the Sali bingo - change of story again on getting the guardian job.. statement that she is more than just a beauty writer... I could go on but Iā€™m boring myself now

Ffffing hell. Hot cloth cleansing for 30 years. Did you all know Sali invented the flannel?
You'd think she'd have a clean face by now #hotclothcleansingfor30years

• Haha
Reactions: 15

She better watch out, Hirons will have her if she reads this :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Also that doesn't really answer the question. No one asked you for a humble brag about your 'gallons' of body creams or perfumes for every occasion

Reactions: 11
Does anyone find it odd that she seems to be doing the rounds on the interview circuit?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Every time sheā€™s said that (and sheā€™s said it a lot) itā€™s made me angry at how incredibly, selfishly wasteful that is.
Why does anyone need hundreds of flannels? Why not just have a few and wash them? I don't get it!

Reactions: 11

I cannot believe my eyes...what a massive load of absolute twaddle. I wanted to say ā€˜what a twit she soundsā€™ but I wonā€™t šŸ˜‰

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I cannot believe my eyes...what a massive load of absolute twaddle. I wanted to say ā€˜what a twit she soundsā€™ but I wonā€™t šŸ˜‰
The thing that struck me about that piece is Sali's ego. So when asked what her must have products are they're not looking for her boasting about having gallons of products and running out being unthinkable & a perfume for every occasion, outfit and mood. They're asking for the benefit of readers. Saying that she has gallons of products and won't ever run out is not really helpful to people who don't have the luxury of receiving free products and have to part with their own cash.

But then, I shouldn't be surprised as Sali stopped caring about readers long ago and it's all about showcasing her and her ego- she sees herself as a brand. Such a shame, as a big part of her early appeal was that she was an everyday woman. That ship has sailed long ago

• Heart
Reactions: 21
"I arrived in London with little more than the clothes on my back, a Ā£20 note and a tote stuffed with fluffy white flannels for even then I knew the importance of hot cloth cleansing"

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Yes but itā€™s not really a laughing matter
It's really not
And cringing? Itā€™s terrifying
Sali knows tit about politics. It's the aesthetic of Trump/Johnson and their ilk that she objects to. Typical liberal "feminist"

The thing that struck me about that piece is Sali's ego. So when asked what her must have products are they're not looking for her boasting about having gallons of products and running out being unthinkable & a perfume for every occasion, outfit and mood. They're asking for the benefit of readers. Saying that she has gallons of products and won't ever run out is not really helpful to people who don't have the luxury of receiving free products and have to part with their own cash.

But then, I shouldn't be surprised as Sali stopped caring about readers long ago and it's all about showcasing her and her ego- she sees herself as a brand. Such a shame, as a big part of her early appeal was that she was an everyday woman. That ship has sailed long ago
She doesn't give a damn about readers. It's all her, her, her and her grasping neediness

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.