Sali Hughes #26 Lipstick, lube and liberalism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's saying she can only buy stuff marketed to her particular luxury adult Charlotte Tilburyesque vibe. Yawn. And also isn't she supposed to be like super into sustainability having attended that one Aveda conference? If you had journalistic clout you'd be lobbying for this instead of writing the occasional fluffy ad disguised as article.

Reactions: 12
So she can only mention products suitable for her? Wtf is the point then?
Oh yes the Aveda conference (requiring a long plane trip afair).
Plus didn't she do a sustainability special? The one with the earth image?
But yes she mentions it incredibly rarely.

Reactions: 8
She's saying she can only buy stuff marketed to her particular luxury adult Charlotte Tilburyesque vibe. Yawn. And also isn't she supposed to be like super into sustainability having attended that one Aveda conference? If you had journalistic clout you'd be lobbying for this instead of writing the occasional fluffy ad disguised as article.
I thought the PHA product sounded interesting and I'm 58!

She just can't avoid sounding chippy.

Reactions: 5
That last paragraph on Fenty. Baffling.
One could sooner get a peek at the Pope's diary.
Who is she channeling here? Samuel frikkin Pepys?
Possibly written with a recyclable quill though so well done for that Sali.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I thought she was a ‘sustainability advocate’? Isn’t that how she branded herself, that one time 🤦‍♀️ If this is the best she can come up with then she needn’t have bothered. It’s basically still product advertising, shrouded in a cloak of ‘I care’.

Reactions: 8
The best way to test if the packaging is sustainable is to put it in a box and throw it around. If it shatters, you have a winner.

That last paragraph on Fenty. Baffling.
One could sooner get a peek at the Pope's diary.
Who is she channeling here?
She's channeling "I didn't get a kindly gifted PR package and am annoyed".

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She always seems to have a bit of a problem with Rhianna. There have been a few snarky comments in the past.

Reactions: 9
Odd that our I'm welsh and proud guru isn't gushing about the Russell T Davis drama It's a Sin? Her BFF Caitin is raving about it. Must be a reason. As no doubt she was out and about in London at the time Russell was there and surely crossed paths? Fellow Welsh gay guy? Mmm Russell must have upset someone! Lol 😃

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yes odd she hasn't mentioned it. Especially due to Pet Shop Boys.
Maybe preparing a quirky hot take as we speak.

Reactions: 2
I get tired of saying how crap her column is. A few hundred brain fart words, some swapped out via a thesaurus to sound more interesting. It really is insulting. Her actual ‘knowledge’ is zero. She is obviously not interested any more, but clinging on to it is the only thing giving her any credibility in that arena.

Reactions: 17
I'm not sure why she even mentioned it. Do people really believe this fallacy?
I would have thought that young people (did she say gen z? I can't face reading it again 😂 ) care about it the least? Don't they just mainly care about themselves? I've become more aware of topics like that as I've aged and become less of a selfish twit :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
So it’s not only youngsters who care for the planet, older people like Sali care for it too, as evidenced by...? Her flight to a sustainability conference and her excessive product shilling. Makes sense.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
The best way to test if the packaging is sustainable is to put it in a box and throw it around. If it shatters, you have a winner.
This is the sort of snark I am here for and seem to have lost in my fog of medication titration and sleep deprivation. This sustains me!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.