Sali Hughes #25 Gifted. I try very hard to pay but she will not have it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, I didn't mean to start any tit or be ungrateful for the recc 😞 I just wanted to make sure I had the right ones. They work fine for me. (I have small hands but relatively long fingers 🖐)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ok, everyone, I need some suggestions from the hive mind, please.

My hairdryer gave up the ghost and I need a recommendation for a new one. The nozzle keeps falling off the ones I have bought before (which is so annoying!) so I need it to be sturdy. My hair is shoulder length and very thick, so I need something light and compact that is quite powerful because of the time it takes to dry my hair (I have up til now been using travel hairdryers because they are lighter).

I don’t mind paying more, but it really does need to be light and powerful. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reactions: 3
For those of you that are jumping on the Korean scrubby towels, has anyone used a Salux cloth? I have one and love it, but could easily be swayed towards this Korean brand if it's better. Salux is this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=salux&i=beauty&ref=nb_sb_noss&tag=limego-20
I have used both and prefer the salux cloth. The Korean mitts are great for when you haven't given yourself an industrial level exfoliation in an age and you get to see the little balls of skin rolling off. But now I just use the salux daily in the shower for a quick buff and polish and it stops any dry skin building up in the first place. Plus it's easier to lather shower gel up on them, and they're great for washing your back.

Like the pp I also love the feeling of stroking a freshly exfoliated bum. Makes you feel like a Canova marble!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
@GTL Old-Timer have you tried the Dyson one? It’s very good, and quieter than most (which is a huge deal for me as I can’t stand most noises 💅). I think if you buy direct from them they offer a no-quibble refund within 30 days (do check first though). Obviously they cost a bomb. The nozzles are magnetic, and they never seem to fall off.

• Sad
Reactions: 5

My hairdryer gave up the ghost and I need a recommendation for a new one. The nozzle keeps falling off the ones I have bought before (which is so annoying!) so I need it to be sturdy. My hair is shoulder length and very thick, so I need something light and compact that is quite powerful because of the time it takes to dry my hair (I have up til now been using travel hairdryers because they are lighter).

I don’t mind paying more, but it really does need to be light and powerful. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Parlux all day every day. My thick haired mates who tried Dysons went straight back to Parlux,

Reactions: 6
@GTL Old-Timer have you tried the Dyson one? It’s very good, and quieter than most (which is a huge deal for me as I can’t stand most noises 💅). I think if you buy direct from them they offer a no-quibble refund within 30 days (do check first though). Obviously they cost a bomb. The nozzles are magnetic, and they never seem to fall off.
I refuse to ever touch a Dyson product again after the fucker voted for Brexit and then moved HQ abroad to Singapore (a country which has a free trade agreement with the EU). I wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire.

Thanks for the recommendation though!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Yeah, good point. I bought mine before he did that (announce the move, I mean), and I’d never tire of kicking him in the nuts if I met him. Sorry!

Reactions: 7

GHD Hairdyers are really good. I've got thick hair and massively speeded up drying time. I've got the air one but my sister has the newer one and loves it. Her hair is thick and very curly

Reactions: 1
GHD Hairdyers are really good. I've got thick hair and massively speeded up drying time. I've got the air one but my sister has the newer one and loves it. Her hair is thick and very curly
Thanks for this. I have the IV straighteners that I bought when they first came out and they are still going strong!

Is the hairdryer heavy?

How bleeping big are everyone’s hands?! 🧐 I get them on just fine! They do shrink when wet, but once they have been washed and dried, you can stretch them out again.
The mitts are fine width-ways but much too short... when wet, they only really cover my fingers. Although my hands are still too small for most smartphones (yet another thing designed for men as the default) so lord knows?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
How bleeping big are everyone’s hands?! 🧐 I get them on just fine! They do shrink when wet, but once they have been washed and dried, you can stretch them out again.

Perhaps try these ones which are more like mittens?

Mine are like big meaty shovels. The mits only cover my fingers really so I too went for the double trotter method. Not saying that i'm a big lass but it was like washing a double decker bus with two postage stamps. Have been admiring my silken limbs though...chuffed with results. Just need them in a size 18 please 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Parlux all day every day. My thick haired mates who tried Dysons went straight back to Parlux,
Second the Parlux reccomendation. They last for years too. I have a GHD dryer I bought when I was living in the UK and it was good but I missed my parlux back in Australia a lot.

Reactions: 3
Which model are you gonna get? I have the Parlux 385 in my cart, with a 20% discount

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.