Sali Hughes #24 She's gone totally QVC.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooooh! She just brought up Lauren Luke and the column. The story she tells now is a lot more sanitised than before. She said she felt sorry for the youtuber as the guardian didn't take the column seriously so she tweeted about it. She then got a call from the guardian and they said that they were replacing the current columnist as they wanted her to do videos but she wanted to own her own content and keep it to YouTube.

Apparently it was between Sali and another writer and it went to Sali.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m beginning to feel sorry for her tbh, there’s something very off about her need to find relevance and importance by playing this victim role. To me its unreal that she’s always banging on about her trolls - unless she really is being harassed on the daily with threats and insults on her socials?
Attention seeking of the highest order. Cannot fathom it.
Don't. She has access to help, training, resources. She can actually seek it and, I don't know, do something different. It's a slip into the world where you're always looking for some sort of fight, because that is at least attention. It's tit in social media world. She could step away, and do some actual work. She has every opportunity. Feel empathy, sure. Do not feel sorry for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
And don't forget where the power lies either, and who controls the narrative. The embellished and one-sided BBC "documentary" is testament to that

Reactions: 14
Very disappointed in Sophie E-B 🥺
I listened to the first 15 minutes. Basicalls she says she was scared the trolls might stop her in the street and she's glad we have to wear face masks now because they give her more privacy.
You can still tell it's Sali by the giant ringlight💫 above her head.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hi, I’ve done a review of the BBC R4 Documentary – Me & My Trolls that I figure some of the members of this discussion thread may be interested in watching. I’ll come back on Saturday in case anyone has any questions etc but before you watch it I thought I should say a couple of things.

I first found Tattle.Life following ‘freaky Friday’ so have been aware of the other side of the story for quite some time. I make videos considering the intersection between ‘hate speech’ and online censorship so, after hearing the File on 4 episode, I felt compelled to return to Tattle and read the Sali Hughes threads in much more detail. The attached video is the outcome of that research.

I sincerely hope that you view it as an act of solidarity for a group of women who I believe have been unfairly portrayed by the BBC as possible hate criminals. In that context please accept your comparison to mean girls and troll-like creatures as both tongue in cheek and something of a back-handed compliment.

Having read the threads my assessment is that you come across as a much more decent and nuanced group of human beings than the sewer rats you have been portrayed to be.

Your hobbies are not my hobbies but one of the things that drew me to your story is that I can very much relate to you as essentially a group of (beauty) nerds simply seeking to openly talk about your mutual interests and concerns. BTW it’s been heartening to read about the friendships that have been formed as a result of all the chatter.

I set your story within the wider context of similar ones that, over recent years, I believe have been exploited by those in favour of introducing extremely draconian online censorship and extending hate crime laws in ways that (as the R4 documentary shows) can be easily misrepresented and abused.

My videos don’t get many views and can be a tad on the long side so at some point I’ll aim to do a shorter summary version of your tale. I appreciate that you may not agree with everything I say but I sincerely hope that you get something positive out of my efforts:
Blimey.
I must admit @bloke I was cynical about your motives. I thought it would be another 'jealous Tattle witches' piece. But that was good.
I'm so pleased you mentioned Sali banging on about how she has Tattler's addresses and jobs (why has no interviewer questioned this?). And how she told India Knight's violent p*edophile partner she knows where we live. Talk about a sewer 🐀
Also letting people believe Tattle's discussion about her botox use has made her scared for her life is a bleeping disgrace.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The ring light is her halo. St Sali, patron saint of perpetual victimhood

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Ooooh! She just brought up Lauren Luke and the column. The story she tells now is a lot more sanitised than before. She said she felt sorry for the youtuber as the guardian didn't take the column seriously so she tweeted about it. She then got a call from the guardian and they said that they were replacing the current columnist as they wanted her to do videos but she wanted to own her own content and keep it to YouTube.

Apparently it was between Sali and another writer and it went to Sali.
Oh seriously? She's had years to come up with that shite.
There is bleeping proof of her behaviour to get rid of Lauren. Wtaf.

Reactions: 10
Oh seriously? She's had years to come up with that shite.
There is bleeping proof of her behaviour to get rid of Lauren. Wtaf.
She is so narcissistic and self-absorbed, she thinks no one will notice when she rewrites the past to make herself look better. Look at how she massaged the Dawn thing, claiming they apologised TO EACH OTHER. She may have deleted all the incriminating tweets, but there are screenshots and old format retweets and past tellings of the Lauren saga from her own lips

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
The editing of her documentary to make it sound like she received death threats is reprehensible. For shame, BBC

Does anyone else think it's odd the way she stakes claim to us with overuse of personal pronouns: "my trolls" etc. Today on twitter we were just "mine"
Is she actually trying to imply we are worse than normal 'bullies' because we don't sent hate mail?
Somehow even more sinister?
So fucked up.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Hi, I’ve done a review of the BBC R4 Documentary – Me & My Trolls that I figure some of the members of this discussion thread may be interested in watching. I’ll come back on Saturday in case anyone has any questions etc but before you watch it I thought I should say a couple of things.

I first found Tattle.Life following ‘freaky Friday’ so have been aware of the other side of the story for quite some time. I make videos considering the intersection between ‘hate speech’ and online censorship so, after hearing the File on 4 episode, I felt compelled to return to Tattle and read the Sali Hughes threads in much more detail. The attached video is the outcome of that research.

I sincerely hope that you view it as an act of solidarity for a group of women who I believe have been unfairly portrayed by the BBC as possible hate criminals. In that context please accept your comparison to mean girls and troll-like creatures as both tongue in cheek and something of a back-handed compliment.

Having read the threads my assessment is that you come across as a much more decent and nuanced group of human beings than the sewer rats you have been portrayed to be.

Your hobbies are not my hobbies but one of the things that drew me to your story is that I can very much relate to you as essentially a group of (beauty) nerds simply seeking to openly talk about your mutual interests and concerns. BTW it’s been heartening to read about the friendships that have been formed as a result of all the chatter.

I set your story within the wider context of similar ones that, over recent years, I believe have been exploited by those in favour of introducing extremely draconian online censorship and extending hate crime laws in ways that (as the R4 documentary shows) can be easily misrepresented and abused.

My videos don’t get many views and can be a tad on the long side so at some point I’ll aim to do a shorter summary version of your tale. I appreciate that you may not agree with everything I say but I sincerely hope that you get something positive out of my efforts:
I just finished watching your video @bloke It was great! So refreshing to see a more balanced piece. The BBC should be ashamed. Well done!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She's upping the ante, even though she only has a pair of pocket nines. Someone needs to call her bluff

Reactions: 3
Well at least she's admitting 'her' 'trolls' don't contact her. Again, showing she doesn't understand the meaning of the word troll.

She ought to be ashamed of herself bandying that word about given what other women have actually gone through

New thread! Continue here

Reactions: 8
Especially in her "documentary", where it was edited to appear she'd received death threats. She ought to feel foolish and ashamed, but no, she just doubles down (sry about all the poker metaphors, I don't know where they are coming from :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:)

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.