Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rosemarina

VIP Member
Fantastic news IMO.
I think it is too! I do wear makeup and colour my hair, but it was never a choice made freely. I'd love it if women decided that they might actually feel like doing a bit less of this stuff now (if they want).

I was saying to my husband the other day that it'd be an amazing thing in societal terms if women all basically stopped wearing high heels and Spanx, and stuff like that. (Again, no judgement to anybody who does because I've done all of this myself, but only because I felt there was no alternative.) Armies and armies of comfortable women :D .

Reactions: 16

Mazerati

Chatty Member
She has no one's addresses. She did some creepy facebook stalking but honestly she was just being an exaggerating twat. Nevertheless it was still threatening behaviour.

• Haha

Artheusa

She should thank Tattle for making her relevant again. Her sad column is like an artefact from the olden days of beauty magazines filled with thinly veiled ads.

Colly Wobble

maserati said:
I'm on the hunt for some perfect PJs and a robe. Taking suggestions if anyone has any?
I’d recommend Kate Barnét for PJs, made from gorgeous end of roll fabrics from India, well priced, super comfy and massive pockets!
I’m a new lurker here but had to recommend these as I love them and she’s a relatively new business.
This is not an #ad. I have bought and paid for all of my nightwear.

• Haha
  • Heart

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
* try doxxing me now, bitches.
GOTCHA!
20201007_105918.jpg

FFS. All that nonsense about people being on Tattle 16 hours a day. People dip in and out of threads, no one is sitting at their laptop in their sewer (as Sali would call it) frantically hitting refresh
Speak for yourself
shutterstock_558280573.jpg

fuck, I just doxxed myself, didn't I?

Edit : New thread title suggestion - can it be a picture?
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
If you repeat something often enough, the perception is that it is true. She has to reinforce the ‘Trolls of Tattle’ line (even though trolling has a different meaning) because of the Freaky Friday meltdown.
Perfectly put, she has to continue down this invented trolling path because she would never admit her own wrongdoings or accept them. So doubles down on the misinformation. She's as bad as trump at this point.

The documentary is apparently scheduled for 8pm on 6th October, the radio 4 figures dive to their lowest shortly after 7pm so I wonder if many will hear it. It's apparently about the online harms act, so I fail to see the relevance of people giving their opinions on a business to an act that's about protecting minors and removing extremists online content while not affecting freedom of speech. So many influencers think this act is going to make them beyond reproach.

I think it's pretty clear that it'll be a hit piece on tattle and the awful trolls we are affecting women's mental health because we're insecure. I bet it'll give some of these influencers a platform to spout their lies without any basic fact checking.

Anyhow hopefully a few come to read and see it for what it is. You can now view the most liked posts from all Sali Hughes threads making it easy to get the gist of what it's about without being influenced by a blue ticker.

• Heart

cleaningupthecrap

VIP Member
I wonder if there will be a look at the insidious nature of 'influencing' and how this role can have a similarly devastating impact on their audience. However, because this is dressed up with a blue tick as being acceptable, it's ok.

• Heart

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
"Hello, is that the police? Yes, I'd like to report my HURT FEELINGS"
Butthurt Report.jpg

I can't believe there are 2 forms. THIS IS URGENT!

hurt-feelings-report-thumb.jpg

What do you mean it's not being sent to me and I don't have to go there and read it? Let me speak to your manager!

• Haha

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
If she received actual threats/abuse via DMs that's awful. But having an opinion on the internet isn't illegal, it's not trolling (otherwise the entire Guardian comments section is trolling - most of them are, shock horror, anonymous) and collecting people's data just because you don't like what they're saying IS probably illegal.

Skiddidlydaddle

Chatty Member
I’m disgusted that she chose to interview someone like Jess Philips rather than Diane Abbot because the latter has been subjected to the vilest abuse both from inside and outside the Labour Party, including from Jess Philips herself. I’m pretty sure that I saw a stat in one of the stories of the historian Kate Williams a short while ago that showed Abbot has been subjected to more abuse than all female MPs combined.

But exercising such a degree of intellectual rigour in her research also involves the capacity to empathise with people who don’t look like her - not subjecting and laughing at misogynoir jokes at Abbot’s expense. This is peak #SolidarityIsForWhiteFeminism
She wouldn't really be able to interview Diane Abbot though would she (look at a previous post with a vile Tweet on the size of her vagina which Sali "hahahahad" at.)

Sorry, terrible English

• Wow

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I've thought of another: "my beauty mixtape"- an eyeshadow and lip palette (browns and pink nudes, of course), all named after bands she has seen on either their first or last tour, e.g The Smiths

• Haha

Curio

Chatty Member
Devil’s advocate - if she’s right and questioning influencer practices on public sites is ‘dragging’ or ‘trolling’ and is either unkind or should be banned (made criminal?!) then is the idea that you shouldn’t discuss them at all? Or only positively? WhatsApp allowed if you have the phone numbers already of people that might want to discuss it, how would you know who they were? Or never being able to name the person / business in question?

I’m not being disingenuous, I just don’t actually know?

Raindropsonkittens

Chatty Member
What. Is. She. On. About.

No-one accused her of breaking lockdown to accept a donation but there were raised eyebrows about her eating out at a pub & encouraging others to do the same in the week lockdown was announced.

‘Selling her kids’ is an idiom used to express how commercial she’s become.

This whole mess started because SHE stalked & threatened people (‘teachers of children!’) and had a tantrum on Insta.

Runestone

Watched the ITBR and side eye Sali’s opening going on about trying to interview Lisa for years with a sour look on her face. Was that supposed to be cover for the coming ad or just general snippy Sali leaking out, same as her putting down the state of Lisa’s bathroom. Because I’ve never heard a woman say something paraphrased like ‘your bathroom feels lived in rather than all the cleaned up bathrooms I’ve visited’ and have it be anything but an insult.

Credit where credit is due for once Sali mostly stuck to asking open ended questions and keeping her mouth shut as Lisa answered. She’ll never be an amazing host but when she sits back and lets her guest talk you get to enjoy whatever unique perspective the guest brings. Then the hand break turn into the ad portion had me rolling my eyes, followed by Sali giving murderous looks to Lisa the rest of the video. If that’s how Sali looked at her guest when facing the camera I dread to think what her face was like in the first half with her back to the camera 😬 Lisa must be a real sweetheart to still be so friendly and warm when faced with that performance a foot away.

Final thought before I fill the thread. I actually found the bit about Lisa naming the products after her best girlfriends touching. You could tell she really cares about them. Sali obviously hated the idea, but all her friendships are superficial rungs on ladders not real connections so she just doesn’t get it I suppose. Although given the proclivity for naming things after pedos, picking friends names for her own product launches could still fit in her existing naming patterns. Until Sali denounces her convicted sex offender and pedalo loving friends publicly I won’t let her forget her shameful behaviour.

• Heart
  • Haha

Mazerati

Chatty Member
I listened to a GalDem podcast today with Michaela Coel and she talked at length about processing criticism on her work as a creative / writer / actor / story teller. The way she looks at it is this... People will give you feedback or “notes” as she says, it’s best to take note and spend some time reflecting - then decide what you will do with these notes. Will you respond and take the feedback on board? Or will you disagree and give a reason why? She talks about the need to interrogate your own motives for certain actions and behaviour, where is it coming from etc etc. I’m paraphrasing here, but she talked about this process of feedback and critique as a learning tool and something she’d had to deal with constantly when writing Chewing Gum and I May Destroy You... she realised that in some instances the “notes” were telling her that she wasn’t being clear enough to her audience, but that sometimes she would have a line / situation in the script that was put in deliberately for a niche audience and that was ok. I feel the way she talked about this process and how she approaches it is the exact opposite to the fragility of ego that so many influencers and SH display. I wonder how Sali takes professional critique and feedback from Editors and clients ? When she was writing for the Pool did she just send it in? Surely there would have been elements of re-writes etc? Or does she take that type of criticism well because they hold a position of influence and power? Do you know what I mean?
Michaela is a bona-fide writer and creator, who loves her art and puts thought into it because her art is judged. She's not just an overpaid blogger/shill.

• Heart