Sali Hughes #20 Private Sali, always on parade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quick question for all you nuface users out there. Which conductor gel do you use? Thanks a million x
I'm seriously thinking about investing now so thanks for the question about gel as I was wondering about that too. Does anyone know if it could be effective on upper arms or decolette?

There's a Nuface body for upper arms, I think the facial balls will be too small for there

Also the skin is too thin in the decolette I think

Reactions: 1
There's a Nuface body for upper arms, I think the facial balls will be too small for there

Also the skin is too thin in the decolette I think
I agree about the decolette. My understanding is that Nuface works by stimulating the muscle to give a very slight lift. Although I can see how that works for the face, I can't see that that would help things in the chest region. I don't think Nuface claims to improve skin quality.

I'm currently using the Nuface Gel Primer with - like @Mazerati - a mister (!) on standby to refresh it. It works very well but I'm only using it because I got a free tube. When I have to buy it myself I use Aloe Vera Gel from Holland & Barrett - the cheap one which comes in a large, pump action, bottle. The Holland & Barrett Dr Organics Aloe Vera Gel made my skin a bit itchy.

Also I have my own aloe plant and was thinking about how I might make my own gel. If anyone has experience or tips I'm all ears.
There's a Lisa Eldridge video from a couple of years ago where she's using aloe straight from the plant as the conducting gel for her Nuface. Literally, wiping the plant across her face.

Someone here said they'd tried that, however, and it brought them out in a rash.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Thanks for the mister recommendations...makes a lot of sense!!

For a second there I had this vision of your husband standing by ready to rub on some more gel if needs be 😂
My mister would bloody love that 🤣🤣🤣

I was also thinking it’s quite funny when you go to a random thread - generally in off topic and you ‘bump’ into folks over here in this little comfy corner.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I thought there was a Hygiene Bank, didn't it get discussed on here?
Yes - The Hygiene Bank is a charity with, it seems, a very similar mission to Beauty Banks. There was some discussion here, noting how similar they appeared to be - even using almost identical wording on their websites to describe their work.

There was discussion about whether Beauty Banks had 'copied' The Hygiene Bank or vice versa. They seem to have been set up at very much the same time. I think it was noted that The Hygiene Bank had been registered as a charity slightly earlier than Beauty Banks but that BB had set up an IG account before THB.

It's possible of course that each was ignorant of the other when they started, although Charity Commission guidance to anyone thinking of setting up a charity is to check whether there already is a charity addressing the particular need and, if there is, to join forces rather than set up a separate one. There are obvious advantages to having a single organisation, so not joining forces would seem a missed opportunity to do even greater good - but clearly I've no idea as to the reasons why they haven't.

I don't want to seem critical. Having two organisations rather than one may not be the ideal but they're doing great work for a really worthwhile cause.

Reactions: 4
Definitely no criticism for providing young people with hygiene items. I wonder if this is an area they'll permanently work into?

For anyone (no one) interested Caitlin Moran is on Lauren Lavernes show on 6 Music this morning. Just seen it on the next show advert thing on the listen live.

• Haha
  • Sick
For anyone (no one) interested Caitlin Moran is on Lauren Lavernes show on 6 Music this morning. Just seen it on the next show advert thing on the listen live.
No, thank you. It'll be Caitlin M trying to outzany herself whilst Laverne earnestly namedrops obscure music peeps at the same time as sounding like she's going to fall asleep on the sound desk at any point.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't mind Lauren in the mornings. I am not going to listen in on this though.

Reactions: 2
A friend told me to come here - I had never heard of this site before but ....thanks Sally Sali for suggesting it to me - I’ll pass the word on.

I cannot stand disingenuous people. If you make a living from giving your opinion, then you need to engage with your customers / audience / followers.
I cannot believe she, herself, has never, ever been caught out by autocorrect before ....

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Why is she publicly thanking her "cyber psychologist" on Twitter? Just thank her in person FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My comment mentioned upthread. My real name is often misspelled. Doesn’t phase me and I would feel so rude to correct someone else.
Btw I’m also in the public eye (but NOT an A List sleb) and nothing on here about me :giggle:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh jesus. You spelt her name incorrectly? High five Graphie. :giggle: She would have immediately noted you as a troll and tattler, then quickly blocked.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Has anyone else ever noticed how snippy she is with her replies to her arselickers followers on Insta? She's got a very different tone for them than she uses for another sleb.

Reactions: 6
Yes, it's classic Sali. A blue ticker asks for say, a face moisturiser recommendation, she practically offers to deliver one personally. A regular pleb asks, "check the column" "open up google" and so on

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes, it's classic Sali. A blue ticker asks for say, a face moisturiser recommendation, she practically offers to deliver one personally. A regular pleb asks, "check the column" "open up google" and so on
Wouldn't it be fun, in the style of an after school TV special if some "pleb" got the short shrift snippy treatment from her, and it turned out to be a big sleb? "Yeah, it's Britney, witch!"

tumblr_m0ji8rY9hC1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Also mixing my catchphrases

unnamed.jpg

*gasp* TV special titled "Pleb to Sleb"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Why is she publicly thanking her "cyber psychologist" on Twitter? Just thank her in person FFS.
She’ll be getting a free session or something in return for publicly doing it. That’s if the person is named, or anyone asks who they are.

ETA - we could give them a few tips on things they still need to work on eg snippiness etc 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.