Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WWYD? I want to order some beauty pie stuff and could get extra £50 spending with her affiliate code. But it PAINS me to send money her way!

Give her her dues today though, latest post is very clear about affiliate and the option not to use it.
Ahahaha your thumbnail is hilarious!

Reactions: 1
WWYD? I want to order some beauty pie stuff and could get extra £50 spending with her affiliate code. But it PAINS me to send money her way!

Give her her dues today though, latest post is very clear about affiliate and the option not to use it.
You could use my code and benefit me rather than #prettydishonest?

Latest IG post: Your Good Skin cleanser is an ‘old favourite’ of Salis, despite being a new brand that’s been out less then 2 years.
I laughed at that too 😁,it’s a recent brand I agree.

I do love it though.and the serum is immense ❤

I love Sali worrying about the cancer risk of aluminium in deodorant whilst injecting her face with Botox

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The £18 deodorant is really showing how clueless Sali now is. It's not even the price (£18 if it's for very sensitive skin or medical issue is worth it), but the fact that it's 9x the price of her third recommendation with no particular reason why. If she was spending her own money I think her recommendations would look vastly different. It's sad as I think there are a whole roster of beauty issues which could be thoughtfully covered in The Guardian. I CLEARLY hate myself for not indulging in Hershesons haircuts and a £120 yearly deodorant budget.

Reactions: 5
I love Sali worrying about the cancer risk of aluminium in deodorant whilst injecting her face with Botox
She’s not worried, she’s trying to make us worried by implication, and then monetise that worry.

Reactions: 3
It's sad as I think there are a whole roster of beauty issues which could be thoughtfully covered in The Guardian.
All her columns seem to resolve around her skin / genetics / needs (or the skin of a very dear friend of hers). No column on acne scarring? PCOS hirsutism? Roaccutane symptoms? Dramatic weight gain/loss on the skin?

The Guardian could really go further, possibly a joint column between a makeup artist and a dermatologist?

Reactions: 6
All her columns seem to resolve around her skin / genetics / needs (or the skin of a very dear friend of hers). No column on acne scarring? PCOS hirsutism? Roaccutane symptoms? Dramatic weight gain/loss on the skin?

The Guardian could really go further, possibly a joint column between a makeup artist and a dermatologist?
Agreed. I think she has run out of mileage and the column is no longer relevant. It feels very dated. Maybe you should tweet the editor and slag her off, as Sali did to her predecessor

Reactions: 7

Exactly like Pretty Honest. How to wash her hair, how to shave her legs, how to deal with her arm skin issues, how to deal with her melasma, how to deal with her facial hair.

She will get on her soap box about inclusive shades of foundation but can't contemplate people might have other issues/needs which she doesn't include. And common ones too! All the ones you mentioned are ufortunately very common. Maybe if she read one of the million books about periods that she apparently gets sent then she'd realise that a lot of women struggle with skin/beauty/confidence issues which ares very much connected to periods/hormones.

Agreed. I think she has run out of mileage and the column is no longer relevant. It feels very dated. Maybe you should tweet the editor and slag her off, as Sali did to her predecessor
Perhaps with a link to this thread?

Wasn't it Lauren Luke (Panacea 81 on YT) before SH? Hadn't heard any rumours but I can imagine S being snotty about her coming from YT and not being a proper 'journalist'.

Yes she wrote an email to Guardian editor saying how awful Lauren Luke was and that she could do better.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.