Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Most people on this thread could do it better than Sali does now.
My cat could do better than Sali now. It’s a complete yawn, she is getting money for nothing. There is nothing new, interesting or informative in her columns. Tired, rinse and repeat recommendations and a well placed #AD for her to line her pockets.

Reactions: 6
She was described as the Guardian’s Beauty Director recently. I didn’t realise she wasn’t just a columnist now.

The truth is many of the commenters on her column, Facebook group and here actually know more about skin care ingredients and formulations than her. She has nice taste but that is all she brings to the table (and it's something lots of people have)

Her latest column was embarrassing - if she isn't qualified enough to notice different types of aluminium she really should be contemplating that it can cause cancer.

Reactions: 3
The truth is many of the commenters on her column, Facebook group and here actually know more about skin care ingredients and formulations than her. She has nice taste but that is all she brings to the table (and it's something lots of people have)

Her latest column was embarrassing - if she isn't qualified enough to notice different types of aluminium she really should be contemplating that it can cause cancer.
Anyone with a good grasp of written English and google could have put together that last column of hers , it’s not even journalism , a Tattler could have written that ( no disrespect to my fellow Tattlers)

She waffles on so inanely for about 40% of the column usually with some anecdote to show how cray/quirky/feisty she is. And you are right, I get most useful suggestions from commenters rather than her. She really is going through the motions these days. I mean aluminium free deodorant? And one of them contained aluminium. It's up there with the £20 (or whatever it cost) scrunchie for pathetic.

Reactions: 3
She will get on her soap box about inclusive shades of foundation but can't contemplate people might have other issues/needs which she doesn't include. And common ones too! All the ones you mentioned are ufortunately very common.

Perhaps with a link to this thread?
It could fill the niche of guardian readers who want to go to their GP about something, but feel the guilt of using nhs for semi-cosmetic issues, which GP's understandably aren't likely to be up to date on new over the counter options. The makeup texture testing is so much better suited to youtubers than a column.

I'd also love an article explaining what perfumers mean by their weird descriptions that doesn't assume we all know what particular ingredients smell like on their own before we try to mix them together in our minds. Maybe I'll just research it and write it myself for the lols

Reactions: 4
OMG - it must be a joke now, she has to be reading here..... latest IGTV (I only got about 2 minutes in) says a Drunk Elephant product is her favourite and she has been buying it since you could import from USA!! TBH she was probably buying it as they were inventing it in the laboratory, in fact she probably invented it....

Reactions: 7
OMG - it must be a joke now, she has to be reading here..... latest IGTV (I only got about 2 minutes in) says a Drunk Elephant product is her favourite and she has been buying it since you could import from USA!! TBH she was probably buying it as they were inventing it in the laboratory, in fact she probably invented it....
Aaannnd coming in at the end the obligatory Glastonbury mention (drunk outside a tent).

Reactions: 1
Agreed. I think she has run out of mileage and the column is no longer relevant. It feels very dated. Maybe you should tweet the editor and slag her off, as Sali did to her predecessor
who was her predecessor?

It’s ok everyone!!!!!!

Sali has informed the internet that the Drunk Elephant tweaking is OK.

Nothing to worry about , Sali has spoken.

Word.

Reactions: 5
It could fill the niche of guardian readers who want to go to their GP about something, but feel the guilt of using nhs for semi-cosmetic issues, which GP's understandably aren't likely to be up to date on new over the counter options. The makeup texture testing is so much better suited to youtubers than a column.

I'd also love an article explaining what perfumers mean by their weird descriptions that doesn't assume we all know what particular ingredients smell like on their own before we try to mix them together in our minds. Maybe I'll just research it and write it myself for the lols
I'd read it!

who was her predecessor?
Lauren Luke - Panacea81 on YouTube

When she tries to raise her eyebrows and nothing moves 🤣
Just watched the new video and noticed that. Do you think she has had another weak solution top up? It looked particularly bad today and slightly lumpy in one spot.

She really has just thrown her hat in the ring now as an instagrammer hasn’t she? How long can she keep pretending to be a ‘journalist’.

Also, just had a 'paid for' stay at Soho Farmhouse and is suddenly promoting Cowshed in video...

Reactions: 2
Also, just had a 'paid for' stay at Soho Farmhouse and is suddenly promoting Cowshed in video...
Good point. Has she ever mentioned Cowshed before? Yet now she 'always' has it in her kitchen, downstairs bathroom whichever one it was.
The amount of products she 'always' uses is astonishing - must be a fulltime job in itself using them all. Likewise the items she 'always' has in her bag - must require a small suitcase to lug them around.

Reactions: 2
If one lived to 100 there still wouldn’t be enough hours in the day (let alone the amount of skin and hair you’d need) to use all the products Sali purports to always have on the go.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.