Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t realise the bath pics at Soho were courtesy of a gifted stay.

Honest? She’s as greedy as the rest yet has such a snippy, bloody superior attitude.

Has her ITB series died a death too? some were really really interesting , I loved Dick Page and Pearl Lowe for example but others (Charlotte Darling Tilbury) just flogged her own stuff.

Reactions: 1
Also, just had a 'paid for' stay at Soho Farmhouse and is suddenly promoting Cowshed in video...
Shady and grabby. I imagine they were paid for in a completely 'token' way, which his even more dishonest.

Despite all her claims of 'cred' her lifestyle (Soho Farmhouse, £18 deodorant, £20 scrunchie, Swiss Spas, constant Hershesons appointments) is so unrealistic. I don't think a lot of what she does would be wise for someone who is a Higher Rate Tax-payer (top 15%), let alone everyone else.

Reactions: 2
I think she said she paid for her Soho stay. Do we know otherwise?

Either way, no coincidence there were 9 cowshed bottles in the pic. Can't be 100% certain but I think she has mentioned them before.

Good point. Has she ever mentioned Cowshed before? Yet now she 'always' has it in her kitchen, downstairs bathroom whichever one it was.
The amount of products she 'always' uses is astonishing - must be a fulltime job in itself using them all. Likewise the items she 'always' has in her bag - must require a small suitcase to lug them around.
Cowshed has been around donkey's years so tbf she probably has!

It does make the Soho stay sound really grubby since she got the Cowshed products out and lets be honest there was no great need to, different packaging? Plenty products do that, it’s hardly unusual. She might have mentioned them in the past but I don’t recall them being mentioned in anything other than a passing comment, certainly not an always in my kitchen number, maybe she has another Soho stay on the horizon.

Reactions: 2
I’ve heard that the Soho House group gives away free memberships to people who do them favours, eg to well-known musicians to play in their clubs. Given a branch is about to open in Brighton, I think we can guess why she’s suddenly the world’s biggest Cowshed fan...

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
It does make the Soho stay sound really grubby since she got the Cowshed products out and lets be honest there was no great need to, different packaging? Plenty products do that, it’s hardly unusual. She might have mentioned them in the past but I don’t recall them being mentioned in anything other than a passing comment, certainly not an always in my kitchen number, maybe she has another Soho stay on the horizon.
What really pissed me off about it was her saying she hadn't really thought about the names of the products (lazy, dirty cow etc) being offensive before. But when it was Rodial products with offensive names she refused to even try them (unless it was a nip and fab product made by Rodial and in that case it was absolutely fine, of course).

It obvioulsy didn't suit her to boycott a product that could provide her with an income.

What a load of BS!
I clearly remember a post on her old GTL where she was talking about the products. There was a big discussion re: the names, some said they would never give them as gifts because who wants a bottle with moody cow written on it ETC. All the sheep took Salis indignant lead in saying it was nonsense to dismiss them because of the names.

She is now doing podcasts with Avon. She would sell her own kids for money this one.. Since when has she ever used an Avon product.... forever I expect!

Reactions: 6
Ah, so that explains recommending an Avon product in her last Instagram video

👀
Wow the bar really is low now.

She needs to change her biog. Journalist, host, broadcaster, author, more like Smug, dishonest, soldout, went to Glastonbury.

Just did a quick scroll through columnist, broadcaster, event host, author, Beauty Banks co-founder, Sali's twitter.

10 out of the last 24 tweets are retweets of cute of funny animal clips. Interspersed with mentions of dog tit, vagina purses, respect for trees, a hilarious anecdote about asking 14 year olds to the pub, couple of podcast ads and earnest reviews of a tv program.

Why do people not take this author (and journalist) seriously?

Reactions: 3
Remember when she tweeted angrily about Corbyn not wearing a nice enough coat on remembrance Sunday and claimed her sons were upset about it?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Remember when she tweeted angrily about Corbyn not wearing a nice enough coat on remembrance Sunday and claimed her sons were upset about it?
I don’t do Twitter but when I read things like that I tell myself to make more of an effort 😁, comedy gold!

Reactions: 3
She is so righteous and so sure of the ‘proper’ way to do everything. Her twitter TL reads as a Sali’s Guide to Modern Etiquette or How to be Aggrieved & Sweary

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.