Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have tried to engage with her, like I would any other person online but she just never bothers replying. Rude IMO.

She is very much a Sali clone. you can guarantee SH will mention something and the next day Lauren will love it.
I remember when GTL moved to the doomed forum and it was painfully obvious how dull and tit it was. Someone suggested a thread on awful experiences at makeup counters which for once was moving along nicely and was funny when moany Lauren stormed in ranting about how working at makeup counters was a bleeping respected job and her livelihood and it (I kid you not) 'boiled her piss' that people were so bleeping rude about her job. Hilarious. Can't think where she got that attitude.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I remember when GTL moved to the doomed forum and it was painfully obvious how dull and tit it was. Someone suggested a thread on awful experiences at makeup counters which for once was moving along nicely and was funny when moany Lauren stormed in ranting about how working at makeup counters was a bleeping respected job and her livelihood and it (I kid you not) 'boiled her piss' that people were so bleeping rude about her job. Hilarious. Can't think where she got that attitude.
I remember that - we were having a laugh over things like “the sun is the oil” (or some such crap) and she came in ranting as though we were slagging off every SA to have ever existed. We were talking about OUR experiences, ffs.

I remember that - we were having a laugh over things like “the sun is the oil” (or some such crap) and she came in ranting as though we were slagging off every SA to have ever existed. We were talking about OUR experiences, ffs.
Yes! That thread was the first time that forum had the old GTL spirit and she completely shut it down. People were saying to her if it was a cooking thread people would no doubt recall awful restaurant experiences. I didn't bother with the forum at all after that. Too much hard work.

Some ppl have such a thin skin. I work on a counter and even I have had some awful experiences!

My sister is vegetarian (long since) and parmesan in "veggie" meals is her biggest annoyance. She's told many a restaurant that it's not vegetarian.

You can get vegetarian Italian hard cheese but parmesan (dop) is not veggie.

So much of what everyone has said over these 2 threads has clicked with me and explained quite a lot. I joined the forum when it moved over from GTL and really enjoyed it at first - Sali seemed very engaged with everyone, did Q&A threads etc...but then it all got very dramatic, and she and the mods started stamping down on every disagreement and I think a lot of people got pissed off at how things were handled. Then Sali seemed to drop the whole site and forum completely. I've not been on in a long time.

Reactions: 2
I stayed on the forum until shortly after the GE of 2015 when people were making comments justifying voting for the Tories despite austerity being responsible for the deaths of so many because “it’ll be worth it in the long run”.

I don’t care who you vote for, but when you justify people DYING - nope, not going to tolerate that. Or stick around.

Reactions: 4
She’s always been a big fan of... wait.
“Decades ago, I’d stand excitedly by the front door , waiting for the Avon Lady to ring the bell and hand over the book. I’ve always been a huge admirer of everything Avon does”.

Disclaimer : what Sali might say😉.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Interesting that CH is on the first podcast.... given SH has not been engaging with her over the past week.

Reactions: 1
I thought that too.

It has made me feel for CH a bit, even though she behaved badly. What a fickle world it seems - Laverne was party to a fair few women being financially screwed and Sali stood up for her but presumably because of her arrangements with DE she's left CH out in the rain.

“Decades ago, I’d stand excitedly by the front door , waiting for the Avon Lady to ring the bell and hand over the book. I’ve always been a huge admirer of everything Avon does”.

Disclaimer : what Sali might say😉.
"I love the colour of this as it reminds me of my favourite vegetarian dish at Glastonbury"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Has anyone heard the podcast yet? I see on FB she praises Avon 'Massive kudos to Avon for refusing to sanitize me or rein me in which of course is the only reason I agreed to do it'. Of course. Feisty Sal. She talks about it like it is bloody Watergate.

Reactions: 7
Has anyone heard the podcast yet? I see on FB she praises Avon 'Massive kudos to Avon for refusing to sanitize me or rein me in which of course is the only reason I agreed to do it'. Of course. Feisty Sal. She talks about it like it is bloody Watergate.
Is that what she said?! 😂. Does she need to be sanitizer? Sounds like she’s doing poos into the microphone!

And rein her in? Does she need reining in? I guess she does occupy some very controversial subject matter. Wow we are so lucky that this influencer is going un-censored! So progressive.

She’s basically saying: Avon know I don’t need an editor. So much respect for them for understanding that. I am kooky and mental. Actually, it would be sinful to withhold my straight talking, wouldn’t it? I tell it like it is! Don’t I! But I’m not hostile! CH is the hostile one! Me I just have very strong opinions on which beauty products women should buy and also I might touch on my old fave subject: why talking about make up all day every day makes me superior to most other creatures on Charlotte Tilbury’s great earth. Have I mentioned that when I nursed my dear friend she kept begging me to give her a pedicure? I was very extremely instrumental in her care, I don’t mind telling you: Because often ones desire to wear lipstick is the ONLY thing keeping Womin going in times of hardship. And then everybody clapped and I rolled my eyes and got another blow dry and called my dog an asshole. It’s funny because I obviously don’t think she’s an asshole. Do you get it? God I almost cracked a smile then but then it disappeared before I could catch it.

Feel a bit mean for posting the above 😐. But I am so ready for the age of the over-confident influencers to give way to something more thoughtful and considered.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
When has Sali ever been controversial or needed reining in ? She’s dull; her make up never changes or is experimental and yet she thinks herself a maverick.

Reactions: 5
I'm not arsed about Avon sponsoring her podcast, people have weirder sponsors, as long as she doesn't claim to have loved and used forever. She's not that much older than me and it occupies a pretty nostalgic place in the beauty world I reckon.

Going to listen to Bolshy 1 and Bolshy 2 now 🙄

Oh lol she's liked every single one of the comments under her Instagram podcast ad apart from mine where I very positively and enthusiastically say I'll be listening to the discussion on injectables because I don't think it's use is prominent enough amidst all the expensive slop we're being sold 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I thought that was a bit snide?

Nothing remotely controversial in any any of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.