Sali Hughes #2 Pretty Dishonest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey, you don’t get much more dysfunctional than my upbringing- my Dad was a psychotic schizophrenic with serious PTSD exacerbated by his job as a paramedic and my daughter has a serious BPD hence when it comes to mental health , I think I understand it better than many people do - but women didn’t abandon their kids to a dis functional lone father back in the mid 70’s - it was virtually unheard of , not saying it didn’t happen but you’d need to skip a decade really .
I had my first child in 1984 and I was the first woman in my company to return to work after having a baby ( no option as I earned more than my husband ) - that was considered utterly radical back in the day - which is odd when you consider as kids , we were allowed to go to our friends house and play out from 4 years old . At 12 , I was left in charge of my younger brother cause my mum went back to work because three kids on one wage wasn’t possible - even in the 60’s - 70’s .
My Mother left us to be with another man , I’m older than Sali. Don’t make sweeping assumptions.

Reactions: 4
My Mother left us to be with another man , I’m older than Sali. Don’t make sweeping assumptions.
This is what I meant. It’s not a generational thing. People have done this forever (men and women).

Reactions: 1
Did Sali leap into the Caroline Hirons/Drunk Elephant nonsense to defend her pal like she did for Lauren Laverne?

Did Sali leap into the Caroline Hirons/Drunk Elephant nonsense to defend her pal like she did for Lauren Laverne?
No I don't think she got all 'fighty' (🤮) for her. Probably doesn't want to annoy DE. Btw I see LL is still milking the Desert Island Discs thing, well she was yesterday , 'ooh I'm so grateful and loved' fueled by Moran shoutily kissing her arse. I thought it predictable Sali's tribute to the gifted humble presenter included the words 'and she rocks a black eyeliner' (or something like that) - she always has to drag things back to bloody makeup as it is her 'thing'. Has there been an In the Bathroom with LL? Imagine the levels of faux laddishness and cosy in jokes.

I hadn’t seen her defending CH but wanted to check. You’d think that CH, one of her longest and bestest friends, would deserve to be defended to the hilt like LL was. Especially when CH was called hostile by this guy. But as you say and I suspected, she won’t want to piss off Drunk Elephant.

It’s almost as if she’s at odds with herself…. No, she couldn’t possibly be….

Reactions: 2
I hadn’t seen her defending CH but wanted to check. You’d think that CH, one of her longest and bestest friends, would deserve to be defended to the hilt like LL was. Especially when CH was called hostile by this guy. But as you say and I suspected, she won’t want to piss off Drunk Elephant.

It’s almost as if she’s at odds with herself…. No, she couldn’t possibly be….
There’s no excuse for CH’s behaviour and maybe that’s why no other beauty IGer has publicly said anything , there’s nothing to defend and , as you say, no one wants to get involved for their own sakes.

CH could start a row in an empty room.

• Haha
I think bottom line with Sali is she sees herself as many levels up from CH. CH is fine to cozy up to for the occasional sales scam but Sali doesn’t rate her as girl gang material and would never stick her neck out for her, especially if it came to jeopardising a possible schilling exercise with DE.

Actually missed the CH/DE thing, I avoid her on all levels.

I think bottom line with Sali is she sees herself as many levels up from CH. CH is fine to cozy up to for the occasional sales scam but Sali doesn’t rate her as girl gang material and would never stick her neck out for her, especially if it came to jeopardising a possible schilling exercise with DE.

Actually missed the CH/DE thing, I avoid her on all levels.
Yes I saw that when Sali was tweeting about her loud sister in law watching football CH tweeted that if she thought that was loud she, Sali, should go to a footy match with her. No answer from Sali. Or retweet. Hirons - know your place!

Reactions: 3
Someone launched an attack on her friend (albeit a “private” message vs a published article) and she said nothing. CH reacted in the way everyone expected her to, but if I was CH I would be miffed that Sali didn’t say anything about it. She didn’t have to defend her reaction to the what was said but she could have been kind when something unpleasant was said about CH initially.

It’s like on Love Island (forgive me!) when Jordan was an absolute prick to Anna but everyone went in on Anna for how she reacted to Jordan cheating on her rather than with Jordan for what he did.

To be clear, I’m not a CH fan. I find her abrasive and hostile, too. What I’m commenting on is Sali’s double standards when it comes to her friends. I agree with comments above, she obviously doesn’t hold CH in high enough regard to fight for but unless Sali publishes a list of her friends and who is and isn’t worthy of her boiled piss Twitter defence show, she just looks disingenuous.

Reactions: 6
Yes I saw that when Sali was tweeting about her loud sister in law watching football CH tweeted that if she thought that was loud she, Sali, should go to a footy match with her. No answer from Sali. Or retweet. Hirons - know your place!
Yes I saw that and had a chuckle to myself

I think if you looked up the word disingenuous in the dictionary there would simply be a picture of Sali as the definition.

Someone launched an attack on her friend (albeit a “private” message vs a published article) and she said nothing. CH reacted in the way everyone expected her to, but if I was CH I would be miffed that Sali didn’t say anything about it. She didn’t have to defend her reaction to the what was said but she could have been kind when something unpleasant was said about CH initially.

It’s like on Love Island (forgive me!) when Jordan was an absolute prick to Anna but everyone went in on Anna for how she reacted to Jordan cheating on her rather than with Jordan for what he did.

To be clear, I’m not a CH fan. I find her abrasive and hostile, too. What I’m commenting on is Sali’s double standards when it comes to her friends. I agree with comments above, she obviously doesn’t hold CH in high enough regard to fight for but unless Sali publishes a list of her friends and who is and isn’t worthy of her boiled piss Twitter defence show, she just looks disingenuous.
Let it be said (sorry for derailing the SH Thread). NO ONE came out in defence of CH except her fans

Yeah I think CH has cooked some gooses with that rather unedifying performance. SH is not engaging is she? Oof.

Definitely. She's the girl standing out on her own in the playground whilst the Sali's/India's/Caitlin's pretend they haven't seen anything and turn their backs
I actually feel really sorry for her. I can see how someone in her situation could misunderstand the boundaries because being obnoxious seems to be celebrated among these people! Especially SH who even when she’s trying to be a comedy genius is just exploring variations on a theme: which products she doesn’t like. (Am referring to her tweets from today).

• Haha
I actually feel really sorry for her. I can see how someone in her situation could misunderstand the boundaries because being obnoxious seems to be celebrated among these people! Especially SH who even when she’s trying to be a comedy genius is just exploring variations on a theme: which products she doesn’t like. (Am referring to her tweets from today).
Sali can't comment on sausages because she's vegetarian. Ha. She's been veggie for 5 mins.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Was just looking through SH Instagram (I don’t know why - makes me feel so frustrated). Anyway, she has an overly dramatic post about getting a smear with a caption about the nurse and doctor asking for her advice but her fanny is still grateful for their good work and can she or her knickers back on first.
Subtext: I’m such an expert even doctors need my help, I’m a massive celebrity, universally recognised.
It’s so vile. The nurses and doctors, Ican almost guarantee were probably trying to put her at ease by asking her questions she can relate to. It’s a regular silly thing we do when someone is ill at ease (ie legs in stirrups)

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.