Sali Hughes #19 When Harry met Sali (I'll have what she's having)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope she does read hear. Because a good proportion of what gets talked about is just like the forum! It only goes for her when she gets contentious about what ‘here’ is allegedly like. Mainly it’s supportive and witty. If she is going to talk about Tattle without looking for herself that would surely be very lazy.

Reactions: 4
Has she not learned anything from the incredible own goal that was her IGTV of last year???

If she does a documentary with R4 that involves references to this place, she will just drive more traffic over here!!! And new readers will see and learn for themselves what we all did!

Reactions: 17
Ah, so SH is "making" a documentary, is she? Proper Werner Herzog, I'm sure

What's it called when you only tell one side of the story? Hmmm 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've only listened 6 mins so far - can't wait to hear all about SH getting some new glasses, ffs. Will the chain get a mention?

Reactions: 3
It's been said a lot on here, but it bears repeating that she has such a blind spot on mental health slurs. Mad, mental etc. It's not ok.

Reactions: 16
Really don't like her constant casual throwing around of the phrase 'having a nervo'.

I had a close family member attempt suicide a few years ago after having a 'mental health breakdown' NOT after 'having a nervo'.
Thankfully he's in a much better place now and doing very well, but it's not something to take the piss out of :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Really don't like her constant casual throwing around of the phrase 'having a nervo'.

I had a close family member attempt suicide a few years ago after having a 'mental health breakdown' NOT after 'having a nervo'.
Thankfully he's in a much better place now and doing very well, but it's not something to take the piss out of :mad:
I'm glad he's doing better now.

Sali is really thoughtless on this.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Has she not learned anything from the incredible own goal that was her IGTV of last year???

If she does a documentary with R4 that involves references to this place, she will just drive more traffic over here!!! And new readers will see and learn for themselves what we all did!
Although she shoehorns mentions of here into every conversation I don't think she mentions Tattle by name anymore. She refers instead to 'online weirdos', the 'hate site' etc. I don't know if that's deliberate, to avoid sending traffic this way.

She didn't in fact name Tattle in the freaky Friday video - I remember people here at the time wondering 'is she talking about us?'. It was only on Twitter immediately afterwards that she named Tattle (and sent people like me here to see what she was talking about).

Correction to earlier post: it should of course have been ASA rules being 'flouted' not 'flaunted'.

Reactions: 7
People will realise though that this is the place she is talking about. And they will come here and see ALL the screenshots of her bad behaviour, and of her bloody coven mates.

Reactions: 9
People will realise though that this is the place she is talking about. And they will come here and see ALL the screenshots of her bad behaviour, and of her bloody coven mates.
...and see that we're not making up 'lies' and 'conspiracy theories'. I do hope so.

I still am surprised at the number of people - including journalists and broadcasters - who seem to have swallowed wholesale SH's account of the 'bullying' without seeking to inform themselves.

Reactions: 8
I'm confused. Is slagging someone off on a public platform bullying? When it's not being done to provoke a reaction, upset them or get some leverage? I not going to say my postings here have been my proudest moments or finest hours but I still don't see how it's bullying.

Reactions: 14
I'm confused. Is slagging someone off on a public platform bullying? When it's not being done to provoke a reaction, upset them or get some leverage? I not going to say my postings here have been my proudest moments or finest hours but I still don't see how it's bullying.
At its worst, it's bitchy gossiping. But I'd say mostly it's criticism of shady practices in the influencer realm, as well as a place to vent because all dissent or even questioning is silenced out there. There is no place for it, they just circle the the wagons, block etc

She had to have mentioned Tattle somewhere as I'd never heard of it until that day

I don't go on the other threads (apart from IK's occasionally), so I don't know how they compare

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Tbh, I find her whole response to here weird.

In pursuit of her career as an influencer, she puts content online - including her image, her opinion and information about herself and her private life - and we comment on it between ourselves. She also writes a short weekly article for the Guardian and ocasional other journalism which we also comment on.

Our comments are mostly critical because there is no other outlet for criticism of influencers. Sometimes our comment and criticism is about something completely trivial, sometimes it's about something really important. There's serious criticism and jokey piss-taking. Some of us are pretty detail oriented and pick up on small inconsistencies which we feel cast doubt on her integrity and reliability.

Often a discussion here might be prompted by something directly related to SH and then broaden out more generally - whether about influencers more generally or about our individual skincare routines. Sometimes it's absolutely nothing to do with her - sharing advice and experience about products for example and providing support.

If that's a fair summing up, what about that is 'bullying'?

ETA: We are small group. She has well over 100k social media followers and a platform in a national newspaper.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.