Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the eye cream front, I decided to experiment as I figured lockdown would make it easier if I looked any better/worse than usual (my OH has pointed out my skin is much better now I'm not wearing makeup every day. I think it's actually azelaic acid, to be honest. Love it). On my left eye I used The Ordinary caffeine stuff and on my right I used the Ole Henriksen c stuff. I used both religiously, morning and night, for about three weeks. Maybe four.

duck all difference, to be honest.
A true scientist in our midst. Thank you for conducting that experiment. I'm officially stopping giving a crap about my under eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
WTF that video. I know she says she PAID for the spendy exercise bike but......I can’t understand why she would post a picture of herself working out. There has been a lot of influencers posting pictures of those bikes recently. Like there was lots of them posting pics of those ugg slippers. Of course they may have paid for them but that could be nominal, discounted amount.

Reactions: 3
WTF that video. I know she says she PAID for the spendy exercise bike but......I can’t understand why she would post a picture of herself working out. There has been a lot of influencers posting pictures of those bikes recently. Like there was lots of them posting pics of those ugg slippers. Of course they may have paid for them but that could be nominal, discounted amount.
Maybe she read about us snarking about her flip flopping on whether she likes to work out or not. This is her attempt at trying to be real. Cool Sali. Now just do an entire video on all the work you have had done. That's what we really want.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She blatantly posted it because she looks young. And no doubt she thought she looked sexy. Why she filmed it in the first place is a mystery though!

• Haha
This is it. What if (as I suspect) she paid a nominal amount for it - say £100- on the understanding that she'd mention it from time to time? They're all doing it.

This is it. What if (as I suspect) she paid a nominal amount for it - say £100- on the understanding that she'd mention it from time to time? They're all doing it.
I'd be surprised if Sali was chosen for a massive discount from Peloton - they're a prestigious brand and a big deal, so I'm sure there would be more fitting partnerships. They do use influencers though (but say that they don't pay them), so who knows? There will be certain markets/demographics they've identified for potential growth, and Sali's following could be a good fit. Wish I still had a Marketing Week subscription and I could read into them a bit more.

Reactions: 2
I'd be surprised if Sali was chosen for a massive discount from Peloton - they're a prestigious brand and a big deal, so I'm sure there would be more fitting partnerships. They do use influencers though (but say that they don't pay them), so who knows? There will be certain markets/demographics they've identified for potential growth, and Sali's following could be a good fit. Wish I still had a Marketing Week subscription and I could read into them a bit more.
Yeah it doesn't matter if she paid for it herself. Did she get a discount? Or some other favour? Like a future promo thing. Why even bring up the brand of exercise bike? Oh because she loves Madonna. Eyeroll.

It’s just weird, weird, weird. I have a handful of followers on IG and have a private account - judgemental Judy here - I would NEVER film myself doing that. I do from time to time post an achievement with running - if I do a PB etc which is because I am proud and it sort of holds me accountable...

Basically all my friends would think I was a massive wanker for posting something like that and they would not stand for it! 😂

I just have to say I love this thread. I've taken loads of advice from it and discovered great make up artists like KJH. I am not sure who was talking about stopping hot cloth cleansing for using micellar water but I purchased the Garnier rosewater one on your recommendation and have used for about a month. I can't believe the difference, my skin is SO much better! I thought it was the aging process that was giving me dry and red skin, turns out it was my cleansing routine, so thank you! Also thank you for this latest eye cream talk, I am on my last tube because I won't be buying it again after this, I find it makes zero difference anyway. Much love to you all!

P.S. My NuFace arrives today!!! 🙂

Reactions: 11
I am not sure who was talking about stopping hot cloth cleansing for using micellar water but I purchased the Garnier rosewater one on your recommendation and have used for about a month. I can't believe the difference, my skin is SO much better! I thought it was the aging process that was giving me dry and red skin, turns out it was my cleansing routine, so thank you!
I'm tempted to try this. Do you just cleanse with micellar on a cotton pad and rinse with water?

I'm tempted to try this. Do you just cleanse with micellar on a cotton pad and rinse with water?
To be honest I don't even rinse with water, although I know some do. I use as many pads as it takes for my skin to be clear and then go ahead with my usual skincare. The only time I rinse my face is, in typical beef face mode, in the shower in the mornings :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
Ok I know I could just google this, but what the hell is micellar water and why is everyone using it? Like this new thing has just appeared in everyone's cleansing routine which never existed when I was younger...not meaning to sound grumpy...just I've lived long enough without it, what's the deal?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
No, I get it. I could make a list of all my faults (short, slightly fat, eyes too small, weird pale lashes despite dark hair etc) but I've worked really hard on self talk and getting over myself. Not saying I don't have moments where I think dark thoughts but I'm keeping away from them as best I can. I think it helps I don't live in the uk. When I make trips back there I find myself comparing myself more to those around me and getting more swept up into the competitive culture of having stuff. It's also helped me immensely to take up dance in my 30s, less focus on how I look and more on what I do and how I move and how sexuality and sensuality is not something you can buy in a bottle (or under the knife).
It really struck me reading your comment that you could try and 'fix' your 'faults' by e.g. losing weight, tinting your lashes (not sure about growing taller or making your eyes larger :ROFLMAO: ) but true self-acceptance is not 'fixing' things and still being happy, and to do this you need to focus your energies not on physical solutions but other things, like you working on your self-talk and dancing. We/Sali could give you advice on making your eyes look bigger with make-up, but this is at best an intermediate, and at worst a false step to true happiness, as well as temporary - what about when you take your make-up off?

I think stereotypical magazine journalism (Sali included) is still largely stuck in the less self-enlightened version of helping you by giving you advice on 'fixing' your 'faults', and even 'helping' by telling you what these faults may be so that you know what to fix! One end of the spectrum of 'superficial fixes' is someone like Katie Price, who has had lots of things done, but still doesn't seem happy.

Maybe this is obvious to some, and I think I knew it intellectually, but these were my thoughts on reading your comment. I haven't had as much sleep as normal, so maybe it's not my best work :ROFLMAO:.

Disclaimer: I'm very much not trying to disparage people changing their appearance to feel better, as it's really understandable and we are up against lots of ingrained patriarchal bullshit.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.