Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't bother with them. I protect my eyes from the sun and at the age of 36 they are only slightly softer than they were so meh, I don't they do anything. Drinking water and actually getting sleep (hard in these anxious times) make the biggest difference to my eyes.

Oh yeah, I saw the ad. Gross.

Aren't pelatons just a massive status symbol? I can workout in my house, get a right sweat on, for free with no equipment (and no orgasm face either....sorry to disappoint). So cycling and posting that, it's just to show off I'm sure.

Also I've just seen this in the grauniad. It really couldn't be a more vacuous piece of nonsense to try to make us still buy products despite possibly having better things to do in a bloody pandemic. I really hate all the "look good for zoom" articles out there, from what I can see my makes colleagues give zero fucks and barely even wash, yet I'm supposed to be putting on mascara when I've but left the house in 12 weeks. Nah.
Worse than Sali's advice (Always have a good brow...) was Jess Cartner-Morleys. What planet does she live on?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
C-Tango is really good. I would buy that one again.

Spoiler alert: If you get your sense of worth from your appearance, you're in for a rude awakening
“Fortunately” for me, I’ve always been a right minger 🎉.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Eye cream - I've yet to find a good one, I just dab on some nice facial oil with some moisturiser on top.

C-Tango is really good. I would buy that one again.

“Fortunately” for me, I’ve always been a right minger 🎉.
I like to think I'm fairly attractive. I look healthy, have a nice smile, take care of myself physically (well, let's not talk about the extra 4 kilos of lockdown weight I'm carrying...a big shock to the system when you are used to an active job to have it suddenly changed to a fully deskbound one!), I quite like make up sometimes for fun. But, this whole "needing to look good" and "needing products to do so" - that's just manipulation.

Reactions: 7
- My great friend Sali who I've known for 2-3 years. :rolleyes:
- No, it's much longer than that. 4 years. 🤦‍♀️
I just watched the first bit to see that 😂 honestly, who are these people. Imagine it as a comedy sketch show, it’s easier to believe. talking of comedy, Peloton just always makes me think of this

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I like to think I'm fairly attractive. I look healthy, have a nice smile, take care of myself physically (well, let's not talk about the extra 4 kilos of lockdown weight I'm carrying...a big shock to the system when you are used to an active job to have it suddenly changed to a fully deskbound one!), I quite like make up sometimes for fun. But, this whole "needing to look good" and "needing products to do so" - that's just manipulation.
I know you’re right, but societal misogyny has done a real number on women, and it’s not easy for us all to shake it off. If you’re lucky enough to feel attractive (and good for you, this isn’t a dig) it must be so much easier to say no to all this bollocks that wastes our time, our money and our energy. (And this is why I’m so cross with women influencers who constantly invent “need” so that they can monetise it.)

It’s late, I probably haven’t explained myself well, sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My nu face arrived yesterday, put it on charge for the full 12 hours, used this morning and I’m sorry to say I don’t look 25 again (yet).

I’ve done the before pictures though...

I find Jess Carter Morley’s fashion column YAWNSVILLE ARIZONA these days...

Also thinking about a new thread title.... I feel that sex face / nu face needs to make an appearance but I’m crap at headlines

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So where do you all stand on eye creams? Yay or nay?
I don’t bother unless I am wearing makeup. I always make sure to treat the area with a serum but if wearing makeup I will add some cream so that my under eye concealer goes on more smoothly.

I second a sex face reference for the next title.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I wear eye cream cause I get flaky eyelids. The only one I've found that prevents it without stinging is Hyaluron filler which I buy on 3for2 at boots.

Re the sex face. It's exactly what I felt too and it was uncomfortable watching it. But I do have an uneasy feeling about making fun of it because she was exercising, not having sex.

I mean, I don't know why on earth she would want to record herself panting and then share it with thousands of strangers. It seemed really pointless. It reminds me of teenage behaviour, trying to look sexy in P.E. But at least then you had an audience of hormonal teenagers who were delighted by it. I doubt many people follow Sali to get their kicks!

But anyway, I just feel she could accuse us of sexualising her or something. I dunno.

Reactions: 8
On the eye cream front, I decided to experiment as I figured lockdown would make it easier if I looked any better/worse than usual (my OH has pointed out my skin is much better now I'm not wearing makeup every day. I think it's actually azelaic acid, to be honest. Love it). On my left eye I used The Ordinary caffeine stuff and on my right I used the Ole Henriksen c stuff. I used both religiously, morning and night, for about three weeks. Maybe four.

duck all difference, to be honest.

Reactions: 9
I wear eye cream cause I get flaky eyelids. The only one I've found that prevents it without stinging is Hyaluron filler which I buy on 3for2 at boots.

Re the sex face. It's exactly what I felt too and it was uncomfortable watching it. But I do have an uneasy feeling about making fun of it because she was exercising, not having sex.

I mean, I don't know why on earth she would want to record herself panting and then share it with thousands of strangers. It seemed really pointless. It reminds me of teenage behaviour, trying to look sexy in P.E. But at least then you had an audience of hormonal teenagers who were delighted by it. I doubt many people follow Sali to get their kicks!

But anyway, I just feel she could accuse us of sexualising her or something. I dunno.
True, I hadn’t thought of it that way. Back to the drawing board.

This occurred to me, but she’s a grown woman who chose to post that ridiculous performance on Instagram. It’s not as if it the filming and posting was done by a third party without her approval. If lots of people independently think it looks like a cringeworthy homage to Meg Ryan then she doesn’t really have grounds to complain.

Reactions: 8
I know you’re right, but societal misogyny has done a real number on women, and it’s not easy for us all to shake it off. If you’re lucky enough to feel attractive (and good for you, this isn’t a dig) it must be so much easier to say no to all this bollocks that wastes our time, our money and our energy. (And this is why I’m so cross with women influencers who constantly invent “need” so that they can monetise it.)

It’s late, I probably haven’t explained myself well, sorry.
No, I get it. I could make a list of all my faults (short, slightly fat, eyes too small, weird pale lashes despite dark hair etc) but I've worked really hard on self talk and getting over myself. Not saying I don't have moments where I think dark thoughts but I'm keeping away from them as best I can. I think it helps I don't live in the uk. When I make trips back there I find myself comparing myself more to those around me and getting more swept up into the competitive culture of having stuff. It's also helped me immensely to take up dance in my 30s, less focus on how I look and more on what I do and how I move and how sexuality and sensuality is not something you can buy in a bottle (or under the knife).

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This occurred to me, but she’s a grown woman who chose to post that ridiculous performance on Instagram. It’s not as if it the filming and posting was done by a third party without her approval. If lots of people independently think it looks like a cringeworthy homage to Meg Ryan then she doesn’t really have grounds to complain.
True. I was battling with that viewpoint. Just wanted to check myself.
It is a ridiculous performance.

Reactions: 2
True. I was battling with that viewpoint. Just wanted to check myself.
It is a ridiculous performance.
I think the way Sali has twisted so much of what has been discussed here, and that many of us actually are feminists and able to self-reflect, make us constantly question ourselves.

I probably wouldn’t put it in the thread title though as there are more critical things to highlight.

ETA: Christ, I’m sounding Sali-level self-righteous now 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.