Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched some of the Beauty Pie live. Sali is working on two books at the moment, she didn't say what they're about. One was supposed to be out last year but she was too sad for most of the year to write it
I watched the first few minutes of that. MK really lays the flattery on thick, doesn't she?

It looks as if one of SH's books might be a collection of her Greatest Hits. MK mentioned an old Pool article by SH that she had found particularly - thigh-slappingly - hilarious (about how she couldn't find clothes suitable for someone her age) and SH said she had 'repurposed' it for inclusion in a book.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Kind of her to give her loyal followers a heads-up that it's just recycled Pool stuff

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It's a bit "spendy" for what it is, but it appeals to me because I can never colour-match foundation, lacking SH's sui generis skills in the area

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have been laughing out loud over the Peloton video - it is ridiculous! She really does lack self-awareness to post that without any kind of wry comment.

While I was on her Instagram page I looked at her grid photos and it struck me for the first time that she looks a bit like Geri Halliwell. It was this one in particular that made me think that. Does anyone else see it?

1595296093656.png

Trying to think of what I've bought on Sali's recommendation but can't separate her influence from others. I've just looked in my bathroom cupboard and things I still have that may have been influenced by her, if not other influencers, are the following. I've written the shades but I think in every case it was the brand/product that I was influenced to buy, and then I chose the appropriate shade for myself.

'Barbarella Brown' CT pencil [I will not be buying from CT again after reading about her general icky-ness]
By Terry Ombre Blackstar in 'Brown Perfection'
Nars blusher in 'Bumpy Ride', which I think was a limited edition
Tom Ford lipstick in 'Cherry Lush' (I remember going to London Selfridges to buy it for a birthday treat - it was the first and only lipstick I've bought)
Bobbi Brown Blush brush and Real Techniques 'Expert Face Brush' (currently waiting to be washed)

Apart from the blusher, which I wore every day that I wore make up and have hit pan on, the others were/are all special occasion make up for me - I wouldn't wear them to work, for example, or for 'normal' meet ups with friends. They're things I've kept, so I think they're good/work for me despite not using them often. I am quite proud of my small collection in that I have things I like which I can use to look more special if I want to, although they're all pretty old now.

I'm not as into makeup or knowledgeable as some people here. I have never followed Sali religiously and/or been on any of the forums, and have probably been more influenced by a collection of other influencers.

I'm currently wearing no make up and basically no skincare, except occasional moisturiser and lip balm. I haven't been going into work though.

Last edited:
I
I have been laughing out loud over the Peloton video - it is ridiculous! She really does lack self-awareness to post that without any kind of wry comment.

While I was on her Instagram page I looked at her grid photos and it struck me for the first time that she looks a bit like Geri Halliwell. It was this one in particular that made me think that. Does anyone else see it?

View attachment 188181

Trying to think of what I've bought on Sali's recommendation but can't separate her influence from others. I've just looked in my bathroom cupboard and things I still have that may have been influenced by her, if not other influencers, are the following. I've written the shades but I think in every case it was the brand/product that I was influenced to buy, and then I chose the appropriate shade for myself.

'Barbarella Brown' CT pencil [I will not be buying from CT again after reading about her general icky-ness]
By Terry Ombre Blackstar in 'Brown Perfection'
Nars blusher in 'Bumpy Ride', which I think was a limited edition
Tom Ford lipstick in 'Cherry Lush' (I remember going to London Selfridges to buy it for a birthday treat - it was the first and only lipstick I've bought)
Bobbi Brown Blush brush and Real Techniques 'Expert Face Brush' (currently waiting to be washed)

Apart from the blusher, which I wore every day that I wore make up and have hit pan on, the others were/are all special occasion make up for me - I wouldn't wear them to work, for example, or for 'normal' meet ups with friends. They're things I've kept, so I think they're good/work for me despite not using them often. I am quite proud of my small collection in that I have things I like which I can use to look more special if I want to, although they're all pretty old now.

I'm not as into makeup or knowledgeable as some people here. I have never followed Sali religiously and/or been on any of the forums, and have probably been more influenced by a collection of other influencers.

I'm currently wearing no make up and basically no skincare, except occasional moisturiser and lip balm. I haven't been going into work though.
I see Geri in there somewhere.

I'm with you. Don't know as much about makeup and wish I had learned more earlier , as aging means all the crazy experiment opportunities are kinda gone. But I'm grateful as well to not have gotten sucked in too far into that consumerist hell hole. Sure I might be obsessing about my sag now but I'm glad not be overwhelmed with trying to pan a million palettes. I already have a propensity towards hoarding which I'm extremely careful to keep watch on.

Agree with the Geri resemblance. Another attractive woman, but perhaps not who Sali would aim for?

Liz Taylor in the streets, Geri Halliwell in the sheets/on the Peloton??

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This from her IG comments is so baffling. Does she now use "glow" interchangeably to mean actual glow, ie something more luminous, and looking more tanned? Can't decide if she's being disingenuous or really struggles that much to find the correct words.

Saw that Becca invisible foundation on an email, looks like a gimmick to me (from someone who wore Natural Collection clear mascara as actual mascara as a teenager)

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Had never seen the Geri Halliwell resemblance before but I do now it has been pointed out. I have a feeling Sali wouldn't be delighted about it but Geri is also attractive

Reactions: 1
This from her IG comments is so baffling. Does she now use "glow" interchangeably to mean actual glow, ie something more luminous, and looking more tanned? Can't decide if she's being disingenuous or really struggles that much to find the correct words.

Saw that Becca invisible foundation on an email, looks like a gimmick to me (from someone who wore Natural Collection clear mascara as actual mascara as a teenager)

1. but wearing clear mascara meant i could wear make up and at the same time comply with no-makeup rules at school - rebel without any pigment!
2. what even is that 2nd response? Is she saying she would get them done again or that the moment has passed?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
cynical me wonders if the Becca no pigment foundation is a covid inspired product so customers can buy without swatching

She's used "glow" for tan before...I'm confused, too.

Reactions: 1
My hot pink mini has arrived. First go...No visible instant lift anywhere but I did have it on the first setting so maybe need to go higher? I suppose it's actually supposed to be a gradual progression so will keep reporting back.

Reactions: 5
My hot pink mini has arrived. First go...No visible instant lift anywhere but I did have it on the first setting so maybe need to go higher? I suppose it's actually supposed to be a gradual progression so will keep reporting back.
I have never used mine on anything other than the highest setting. I used to think that having different settings was an unnecessary feature but after my brief experience of using it my forehead - and finding the current a bit strong up by the hairline - I realise it could be useful. Yes, the effect is supposed to be cumulative.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.