Sali Hughes #18 No valid criticism, just endless speculation about her height and glasses.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Foreo have brought out their own version called the bear and the bear mini. I was kind of tempted to get the bear for travelling as it's smaller and more compact but I'm not going to be travelling anywhere for the foreseeable so...

Reactions: 1
Honestly aging in lockdown is intensely depressing. I have androgenetic alopecia as well. So it's either all falling out or going droopy. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get the nuface. And get on the tretinoin. Will report back.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
So many brackets in this!
I tend to use brackets too, and I have just thought that it's almost a way of apologising for your thoughts. I bet women use more brackets than men (I wonder if a study has been done!).

I'm going to try to use fewer brackets.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
If FF wasnt widening the diversity of the beauty journalism industry, I'm not sure her content would be enough to merit a column, her writing and recommendations are mehhh. She has such a beautiful smile though.

Reactions: 1
Honestly aging in lockdown is intensely depressing. I have androgenetic alopecia as well. So it's either all falling out or going droopy. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get the nuface. And get on the tretinoin. Will report back.
I think that sounds like a good plan. I've been using a NuFace for several years and although I wouldn't say the results were dramatic, they're good enough to make it worth doing.

I only use it for my lower face and neck and it probably takes 10 minutes. I don't need a mirror so I use it while watching something on screen. I also use it in the bath (also while watching something on screen - v low boredom threshold). I use it around 5 times a week - more than is suggested but it's part of my routine. I do think you need to build it into your routine so that it becomes like cleaning your face.
Tretinoin apparently increases skin thickness and resilience so I think that's likely to help too with sagging. I don't use it on the lower part of my neck, where the skin is finer and more sensitive, but I find it's tolerated fine just below jaw line (as well as on the face).

As regards hair, mine was thinning to the extent that - having failed to see any improvement with hair-specific supplements (Viviscal, Superior Hair) and topical products (Grow Gorgeous and something else expensive from Victoria Health whose name I can't recall) - I went through a phase of having 'thickening' extensions.

I've been taking two supplements for a while now which seem to have made a real difference. The first is Biotin, which is usually the first supplement recommended for thinning hair. I'd tried it before but it seemed to give me spots so I gave up. I gave it another go and haven't had the same problem. The second is Fulvic Acid Elixir (from Victoria Health). I think that also comes in tablet or capsule form. I don't know if it's one or the other that's helping - or if any of this is relevant to your situation - but for some reason my hair has finally got back its previous thickness.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I tend to use brackets too, and I have just thought that it's almost a way of apologising for your thoughts. I bet women use more brackets than men (I wonder if a study has been done!).

I'm going to try to use fewer brackets.
I use them a lot. Usually when I haven't thought my sentence through enough and need to get it out. A well structured essay shouldn't need so many.

I think that sounds like a good plan. I've been using a NuFace for several years and although I wouldn't say the results were dramatic, they're good enough to make it worth doing.

I only use it for my lower face and neck and it probably takes 10 minutes. I don't need a mirror so I use it while watching something on screen. I also use it in the bath (also while watching something on screen - v low boredom threshold). I use it around 5 times a week - more than is suggested but it's part of my routine. I do think you need to build it into your routine so that it becomes like cleaning your face.
Tretinoin apparently increases skin thickness and resilience so I think that's likely to help too with sagging. I don't use it on the lower part of my neck, where the skin is finer and more sensitive, but I find it's tolerated fine just below jaw line (as well as on the face).

As regards hair, mine was thinning to the extent that - having failed to see any improvement with hair-specific supplements (Viviscal, Superior Hair) and topical products (Grow Gorgeous and something else expensive from Victoria Health whose name I can't recall) - I went through a phase of having 'thickening' extensions.

I've been taking two supplements for a while now which seem to have made a real difference. The first is Biotin, which is usually the first supplement recommended for thinning hair. I'd tried it before but it seemed to give me spots so I gave up. I gave it another go and haven't had the same problem. The second is Fulvic Acid Elixir (from Victoria Health). I think that also comes in tablet or capsule form. I don't know if it's one or the other that's helping - or if any of this is relevant to your situation - but for some reason my hair has finally got back its previous thickness.
Wow thanks for all this advice. I started taking biotin but then heard mixed reviews about the merits of it. Might start again. Pumpkin seed oil also supposed to be very good.

Reactions: 2
MSM powder is also amazing for hair growth

In terms of the Nuface, I own every device and attachment- the trinity, the LED attachment, the ELE attachment, nuface body and the line eraser. I sort of regret the body one as it's a bit of a snore to use.

I also love using the nuface on the weekends, I don't have time during the week mornings usually but I do find using it in the morning helps to perk things up so I mix it around. Honestly I enjoy it as part of my routine, I don't find it a chore.

Disclaimer #notspon #notanad #notapresssample #notkindlygifted this review was not required or requested

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Love this nice helping each other chat

Reactions: 7
Love this nice helping each other chat
Not bad for a bunch of beefy trolls!

Someone mentioned Angie Hot and flashy, to me she's the most authentic "influencer" there is and I wish we had an equivalent for the British Isles as obviously a lot of her products are US centric.

I trust her recommendations and she's very open and honest about the work she puts into to look as good as she does, e.g her nutrition and exercise routine. She's too classy to get involved in Twitter spats a la Hirons or Hughes. When she mentions a product she often does recaps a year later, for instance the Tret and Nuface. She doesn't just mention a product once, rave about it and never talk about it again. Her video on tret is so comprehensive. In short, I love her and want to be her when I grow up

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm still on the Grensons mailing list (I don't wear leather any more and their vegan shoes are vile) and their latest mail out has a round up of all the Instagram influencers wearing their shoes. So there was obviously a concerted campaign. However, looks like Sali didn't make the cut.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

Someone mentioned Angie Hot and flashy, to me she's the most authentic "influencer" there is and I wish we had an equivalent for the British Isles as obviously a lot of her products are US centric.

I trust her recommendations and she's very open and honest about the work she puts into to look as good as she does, e.g her nutrition and exercise routine. She's too classy to get involved in Twitter spats a la Hirons or Hughes. When she mentions a product she often does recaps a year later, for instance the Tret and Nuface. She doesn't just mention a product once, rave about it and never talk about it again. Her video on tret is so comprehensive. In short, I love her and want to be her when I grow up
She is great. Although her skin care regime is insane. I'd love someone like her who's brown. I feel like darker skinned people have different needs, for example hereditary dark circles etc.

I love Angie! I'm not interested in that full-face make-up look - and certainly not interested in her clothing and homeware purchases (though that degreasing kitchen cleaner looked good) - but I trust her in a way I don't trust others in the same sphere.

Did you see her recent 'ask me anything' video? I thought it was really impressive the way she dealt with questions about her private/family life.

Reactions: 2
I love Angie! I'm not interested in that full-face make-up look - and certainly not interested in her clothing and homeware purchases (though that degreasing kitchen cleaner looked good) - but I trust her in a way I don't trust others in the same sphere.

Did you see her recent 'ask me anything' video? I thought it was really impressive the way she dealt with questions about her private/family life.
We have totally different colouring and I'm not interested in her makeup looks or clothes either- if anything, I've scaled my makeup back- but I do trust her for other stuff. She is so authentic in the way that no UK influencer is.

I skimmed listened to it, she is just the classiest influencer going. Love her

Reactions: 5
And she's so up front about her procedures. Take note SALLY!
Exactly, no "weak dilute" or "just a smidge" from her. And I know I've already mentioned it but I do love that she talks about nutrition and exercise also as it's not just skincare that makes a difference. You could buy all the skincare in the world but if diet is crap it won't matter. Sali never touches on that except when she used to pretend she never bothered to work out in her life and was allergic to exercise. That turned out to be a lie. Sali wants to pretend she looks good effortlessly, Angie is upfront about the work she puts into it

• Heart
Exactly, no "weak dilute" or "just a smidge" from her. And I know I've already mentioned it but I do love that she talks about nutrition and exercise also as it's not just skincare that makes a difference. You could buy all the skincare in the world but if diet is crap it won't matter. Sali never touches on that except when she used to pretend she never bothered to work out in her life and was allergic to exercise. That turned out to be a lie. Sali wants to pretend she looks good effortlessly, Angie is upfront about the work she puts into it
Although very different from Angie, Trinny is another who is upfront about her own cosmetic procedures and about the effort she puts in to looking good.

Reactions: 3
When did Sali say that?

I needed a skincare godmother as a teenager, imagine having someone like angie to help you thru!
The hushing over the effort involved I feel is pretty antifeminist. The (faux) nonchalance of the cliched Parisian woman is revered, but the obvious effort of women glamming up in working class regions is looked down upon.
Saying you "Woke up like this" when you wouldn't wake up like that if you were in a desert island is bs

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.