Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok, I'm also feeling very influenced to buy the nuface mini. All these Zoom calls have drawn attention to my sagging jawline. It'll help with jowls right?!
Yeah it keeps everything lifted!

Same! It's not like lipsticks hold their value is it. Ugh.
Not unless they're "heirloom" lipsticks:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Not unless they're "heirloom" lipsticks:

I lost my head in lockdown and bought one of these despite not wearing makeup for months and wearing a mask every time I go anywhere! You couldn't make it up 😂

I think I only bought one lipstick over the last year until this though (and that was a Nars one that I've wanted for donkeys and I spotted it heavily discounted so couldn't resist), so duck it.

I recently decided I would donate to charity/campaigns an equal amount every time I make a frivolous purchase. Helps rein in the spending knowing things will cost twice as much, and keeps me accountable when it comes to recurring donations...

Reactions: 9
(Who is Arly?)
Her blog was linked to on here:

In the meantime, I thought you might like to take a look at this four-part blog post regarding racism in the British Beauty industry. Both Caroline Hirons and Sali have been name checked in it. Maybe Sali’s henchwoman (hi Lauren!!) would care to feed this back to her?!

It’s an education.

Reactions: 3
I found after an extensive period of bed rest that my face benefitted so much from not coming into contact with water. Just too drying. It probably depends where you live I know and the sort of water you get. I realise I had been in a cycle of drying my face out then trying to get moisture back into it - causing an attractive combination of dry skin and cystic spots. Anyway I now just use a micellar water (the Garnier moisturing rosewater one is amazing - and about £2 for 400ml).
Like you @Tesla's Ghost any action with a flannel is too much - no matter how soft the flannel - I would get broken capillaries too.
I try to do the least possible in the terms of anything remotely harsh or abrasive and it seems to be working. This also includes avoiding a cocktail of ingredients from lots and lots of different products and stages.
I also find that my skin looks way better the next morning when I don’t hot cloth cleanse at night, but instead use micellar water on a cotton wool pad, followed up by my usual retinol, acid or oil.

Reactions: 2
My skin care routine used to be insane - so many steps and products. I now just use a basic cleanser, no flannel though, and subscribed to Dermatica as I've always had acne and congestion on my nose, and even if new routines sometimes made it appear better it never completely cleared. Good impressions about the dermatica so far (they prescribed me niacinamide, adapalene and clindamycin), but too early to tell for sure.

One thing I am loving is facial massage. It's making me skin feel softer but also makes me feel so relaxed especially when im stressed and have tension around my jaw and eyebrows.

Reactions: 1
For consideration:

Sali Hughes #17: So frigging shady she doesn't need no spf.

It comes from a post upthread by @Jade Mitzi

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I also find that my skin looks way better the next morning when I don’t hot cloth cleanse at night, but instead use micellar water on a cotton wool pad, followed up by my usual retinol, acid or oil.
I like micellar water, too (I use a second cleanser, currently an oil-based one afterwards when wearing make-up). In the morning just cold water. I know Caroline Hirons thinks I'm a slag but hey...whatever.

• Haha
I like micellar water, too (I use a second cleanser, currently an oil-based one afterwards when wearing make-up). In the morning just cold water. I know Caroline Hirons thinks I'm a slag but hey...whatever.
Caroline Hirons is adamant that you should never let a drop of water touch your face in the shower because it's too hot and will ruin your skin though 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Caroline Hirons is adamant that you should never let a drop of water touch your face in the shower because it's too hot and will ruin your skin though 🤡
I've often pondered how Caroline knows how hot I like my showers.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've often pondered how Caroline knows how hot I like my showers.
Ha ha. I think about this every day then always forget to bring it up. I can also adjust the temp of my shower but it must be quite a fancy one to have that feature.

And she, or Sali, says it's gross cause your shampoo sulphites or something get on your face. Which is only a "problem" if you wash your hair every time you shower.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
And she, or Sali, says it's gross cause your shampoo sulphites or something get on your face. Which is only a "problem" if you wash your hair every time you shower.
Exactly! I shower loads more often than I wash my hair (and use sulfate-free shampoo). Also, how do you have shampoo running all over your face to the extent that it will be bad for your skin??

ETA I found the exact quote and it's dumber than I remember:
"I have never put my face under the shower. It’s too hot for your face (well my choice of water temperature certainly is). You also have all the surfactants from your shampoo running all over your face. Stand with your back to the shower and your chin raised – like the shower has greatly offended you. Cleanse when you get out of the shower, not before."

How do you know it's bad if you've never done it 🤔

• Haha
Anyone seen the latest insta stories photo from Sali. There are lines around her eyes and she looks beautiful but wow nothing like most of her previous photos where everything is taught and stretched. I actually remember feeling quite tit that as a 26 year old I had more lines on my face than 40 year old Sali until I read this forum and found out she has 'weak dilute'. THANK YOU FELLOW BEEFFACES FOR THIS IMPORTANT PUBLIC SERVICE.

Does anyone shampoo their hair in the way caroline thinks we do? If your eyes are protected from shampoo suds then so is the rest of your face?

Sali's "only introduce acids when the initial fortnight of retinol use is over and skin has settled" so despite a skin cycle taking 6 weeks, does she only test her product recs for two?

Attachments

• Haha
I must remember to wear PPE in the shower next time I wash my hair in case some awful shampoo trickles onto my face. What planet are these people on?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ha ha. I think about this every day then always forget to bring it up. I can also adjust the temp of my shower but it must be quite a fancy one to have that feature.

Exactly! And if I do wash my face when I shampoo I just wait til the end of my shower when all the shampoo has been rinsed away..

Also i can adjust the temp on my shower but can't on my taps so makes more sense. And even if you do like scalding hot showers you can turn it down to wash yourface?? I'm so happy others found this annoying as I remember it quite often when im washing my face in the shower 😂

And you just know some of her sheep followers won't even think about it and realise it makes no sense, will just blindly not do it because Caroline says so..

Also i can adjust the temp on my shower but can't on my taps so makes more sense. And even if you do like scalding hot showers you can turn it down to wash yourface?? I'm so happy others found this annoying as I remember it quite often when im washing my face in the shower 😂

And you just know some of her sheep followers won't even think about it and realise it makes no sense, will just blindly not do it because Caroline says so..
All that time they could get back by not washing their faces *after* getting out of the shower! I'm so glad other people thought this was as stupid as I did.

Here's another gem from the same page (her 'routines' cheat sheet) that caught my eye:
"And no, you cannot use an SPF instead of a moisturiser. That’s like going out all day with a raincoat on and only bra and knickers underneath. Unless that is your everyday outfit of choice, I suggest you wear actual clothes (moisturiser) underneath your raincoat (SPF)."

Literally what is this nonsensical analogy. I think she thinks it's clever? And no room whatsoever for different skin types, climates or products (like my CeraVe SPF25 daily moisturiser) - just "no you cannot".

I'm sure she has some good advice/recommendations too like Sal, but her manner is an instant turn-off for me.

Sorry to go so off topic!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.