Sali Hughes #16 The sell-out who couldn't sell out, and that is a legal fact.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sali's stance with the giant beauty corporations seems to be - 'at least they are TrYinG - which is more than bullies on the internet are doing'. Seriously that is it. Pathetic.
She has been a beauty journalist for so long on a well respected paper and has achieved precisely what exactly?
Sali has spread herself so thin trying to keep all players on her side that she is no longer useful for anyone or any group.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
It's like she has resigned from all critical thought

She's learned a few key terms like"binary" and "reductive" and wields them like weapons

A little humility can go a long way. Might even prevent the haemorrhaging of followers she seems so preoccupied with

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Sali will perform any amount of mental gymnastics to come up with justifications that support her grasping lifestyle. It's truly something to behold
Well when it was pointed out the candle she was flogging deified a p@edophile she gave a virtual shrug.
Yet Tattle are so mean wah wah.

Reactions: 19
She also has the stance with animal cruelty of 'well they're trying'. I guess trying is all that matters to Sali.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
She also has the stance with animal cruelty of 'well they're trying'. I guess trying is all that matters to Sali.
Oh yes you're right. It really is that she thinks a bit of tokenism is enough. Because a huge company making millions really couldn't possibly change their practise if they really wanted too.
I suppose with beauty journalists backing them up why would they feel the need to?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She'll take a passionate stand against a sodding biscuit, but will fence-sit until the cows come home if there is $$$$ is at stake

People will do anything to avoid feeling uncomfortable. And you should feel uncomfortable about this, at the very least. I am so disappointed by most people's response to the riots here. It's kneejerk, without any attempt at understanding the complexities and nuances, let alone actual structural racism theory. I've deleted quite a few people I know irl over this., Feeling pretty isolated and glum tbh
I'm so sorry @melfish - I reacted with Haha to your post because of the biscuit comment (so funny and so true), was just reading through the last few pages again and I noticed your edit with the second paragraph. Sending beefy faced hugs ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Perfumes that smell of a tropical beach – hot skin, sea salt, sunscreen, white flowers – are hardly groundbreaking, but there’s something less facile about this one

Facile?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I'm so sorry @melfish - I reacted with Haha to your post because of the biscuit comment (so funny and so true), was just reading through the last few pages again and I noticed your edit with the second paragraph. Sending beefy faced hugs ❤
Ha, no worries. I knew what'd happened x

Facile had me stumped too

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.