Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've probably said this brief, but I object very strongly to the way that SH portrays people with mental health issues. We are not "broken people" - get away with that absurd, patronising, stigmatising reductive shite!

People with MHI are not some borg/hive mind. There are plenty of us who are intelligent, functioning and haven't lost their ability to think critically. I expect that is what's bothering her the most.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I was curious about the ingredients list for the Sarah Chapman Skin Insurance ["works on most skin tones" in their promotion vid = we all know what that means] and wondering... were they... were they high when they came up with them? I mean...

Vederine, Celligent, Melanostatine, Buddleja Davidii, BeauPlex
to name a few. It sounds like a middle-class classroom from 2050

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Video was a masterclass in manipulation - she may have convinced herself that what she says is true but it was at best hyperbolic and at worst downright lies.
Still, she got what she wanted - lots of attention from blue ticks telling her how great and brave she is and we had a fantastic weekend here absolutrly pisding ourselves about disgraced MP and India Knight's intended, Eric Joyce tracking us down and clobbering us (and at our own hilarious jokes).
But she is demonstrably a liar. And at other times she has been less than honest. About botox, about her own trolling about being a proper journalist. About it saying here thst she wasn't working class because she lived in a village which won a Britiain in Bloom award - no, it was because your mum was a teacher and then assistant head of Gwent bleeping LEA. ABOUT REMEMBERING SITTING IN HER HIGH CHAIR AT THE AGE OF TWO. She's unbelievable, how she she can hold her head high after writing about that, duck knows.
Re mental health - all posters her are mentalists, nutters etc when she wants to slate us. However, as soon as someone else suggests maybe that we may have mental health issues this is dismissed completely - none of us have mental health issues (statistically unlikely, I would have thought, but then my mum wasn't a maths teacher) - we're just awful people.
That this woman has positioned herself as an honest guide to beauty, cutting through the bullshit is Pretty Ironic.
Apart from the Guardian she doesn't seem to be doing much writing. Her Red column is just promotion work, rewriting press releases for films and tv programmes. She did the Estee Lauder foundation promo, the Bobbi Brown edit, a sponsored podcast, foundation matching in stores.
Fine, but don't keep saying you're a proper writer.
What would the reader assume CN had done from reading SH's tweet?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
The “I’m told” is doing a lot of heavy lifting there!

Hi Sali! I know you must read here. Or maybe you get Lauren to do it in exchange for some awful shoes. Anyway, remember that 90% of people on this thread used to be your fans. Maybe look at some things you’ve done and you’ve written before kicking off at us

• Heart
The “I’m told” is doing a lot of heavy lifting there!

Anyway, remember that 90% of people on this thread used to be your fans. Maybe look at some things you’ve done and you’ve written before kicking off at us
Absolutely. 90% of us were probably on GTL or SHB at some point. She needs to have a good long think about that and wonder why we're here now instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Katy heyes markup (no me neither..)

Sali must obsessively read here to always pop up in others posts to talk about herself 😆

That should be makeup but I want to leave in the autocorrect as it's somewhat apt with infuencers and the tit they pedal 😁
never heard of her either and I would hazard a guess Sali normally wouldn’t piss on her if she was on fire, just another excuse for her to play victim and make the conversation about her, again.

Reactions: 4
Sounds pretty bad doesn't - someone snarking at you when you're trying to help you're dying friend and I suppose strictly speaking what she says is true (except it wasn't a week before Orrs death, which I understand was sooner than expected, it was 7 and a half weeks, but we'll let that go. We know Sali isn't overly concerned with accuracy, after all).
But I don't think anyone reading her tweet would have pictured this exchange, where she recommends a book she doesn't appear to have read to her followers on the basis it's written by her mate and she's just bought it herself.

I’m having a moment , who is CN?
I am.

• Heart
I've said this on the Jack Monroe threads (so have others so I'm not being particularly original) - the pair of them seem to be following the same script.

Lots of dark hints about outrageous behaviour from trolls, nasty PMs etc. Horrible comments about my kids.. Look at the dreadful impact it's having on me!

I mean, I'm not saying this isn't happening but if it is, I very much doubt its coming from here.

What would the reader assume CN had done from reading SH's tweet?
Someone reading twitter would assume that CN (whoever that is) had contacted her directly and made an unpleasant comment.

Reactions: 4
See Sali could have written something really interesting about gossip, collectively slating someone, bonding and meeting people online doing so and the pleasure people take in that. It's how she spent her early days on twitter, how she built up a following and bonded and met some of her friends/acquaintances.
She was quite happy to get attention, followers and retweets by slagging off a relative repeatedly. Not a public figure but an identifiable member of the public. SH's tweets have gone but the responses and manual RTs are still there.
Perhaps Sali was broken at the time, I'm sure she enjoyed it. Perhaps one day she'll write about her time slagging off mainly women for attention and to further her connections and hence her career. Perhaps she'll reflect on what made her stop doing this. If she's honest perhaps the answer will be Twitter mobs/fear of being cancelled and consideration for her career as she became more prominent. Perhaps she had a genuine realisation that her past behaviour had been terrible and shunned all those who befriended her because of it.
But she could offer a real insight into why we gossip, why we hate watch and why we bond over it having done all of these things with a further reach than this site has.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I really get the feeling that Sali is one of those women that doesn't like other women.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Bless her poor soul, I really couldn’t care less what SH thought I was. She can be as self-righteous in believing I am ‘broken’- I respect her right to have an opinion. In the same way I love the fact that we live in a country we can have opinions and express them freely. Her public persona is vocal and she uses it to influence people into buying things. Same people will have opinions, thanks very much. She has the choice to ignore/stop reading/concentrate on the positive followers and move on.

Reactions: 6
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I really get the feeling that Sali is one of those women that doesn't like other women.
I personally think you are right and have always thought that about her. Her past actions and snippy tones would support that. She tries to be girl gang but I think it doesn’t come naturally to her.

Reactions: 8
I am so tired of Sali implying that Tattlers are broken, damaged people. I'm a fully functioning member of society and judging by the witty, intelligent and hilarious posters here, everyone else is too. We're not drooling keyboard warriors living in our Mom's basement spewing out bile. We can think critically and are disillusioned by Sali and other influencers.
Tattle merely holds a mirror up; if one sees broken, damaged people reflected back, well then, one needs to look at one’s own actions and character in a bit more depth*

*deep research not required

Reactions: 5
I'm more offended that a "writer" has such a limited vocabulary (unless it's one of her rare onanistic attempts). Also, if someone like her, so nonchalant about dodgy politics and abuse, had a good opinion about me, I'd crawl into a hole in the ground and reassess my entire being.
Her knowledge about mental health could only be seen through a microscope at CERN.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve been a while since I posted on this thread, but this post of hers popped up on my “Discover” page and I just had to read the caption.

She never gets bored of being snippy does she? Bought bought gifted bought bought not sponsored not an #ad NOT PAID FOR OR REQUIRED BY ANYONE, OK? WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT, BLOOD?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This place is the easy target when things are not going well for influencers. Whether it’s a calculated sleight of hand or she genuinely finds it easier to focus her woes here (or probably a mix of the two), SH is not having a good time right now:
  • no chance of kidding anyone she’s a journalist anymore. Kept it going for a while but that ship has truly sailed now
  • Jumped into influencing for the £££ before the ASA rules changed but tried to pretend otherwise. Now stuck between a rock and a hard place. Would have been far better to embrace it and work out a visible balance but the ego wouldn’t allow it and now it’s biting her in the bum as she’s become what she previously looked down on
  • Week after week of lazy, boring phoned-in columns in The Guardian. No comments = no repeat visits to the pages. Can’t be going unnoticed at HQ
  • Has been talking about writing articles (eg basic things better than fancy like white bread v sourdough) - but clearly editors aren’t interested - she’s being offered advertorial pieces in Red as a consolation. Must be humiliating
  • The Cult Beauty Box. Poorly curated and badly handled. Not great for her reputation. It’s shown she’s not as powerful in the industry as she likes to think and has been well and truly eclipsed by the likes of Caroline Hirons at that sort of thing
None of this has been caused or created by Tattle 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I’ve been a while since I posted on this thread, but this post of hers popped up on my “Discover” page and I just had to read the caption.

She never gets bored of being snippy does she? Bought bought gifted bought bought not sponsored not an #ad NOT PAID FOR OR REQUIRED BY ANYONE, OK? WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT, BLOOD?
She could have just said shoes gifted all other items purchased...🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This place is the easy target when things are not going well for influencers. Whether it’s a calculated sleight of hand or she genuinely finds it easier to focus her woes here (or probably a mix of the two), SH is not having a good time right now:
  • no chance of kidding anyone she’s a journalist anymore. Kept it going for a while but that ship has truly sailed now
  • Jumped into influencing for the £££ before the ASA rules changed but tried to pretend otherwise. Now stuck between a rock and a hard place. Would have been far better to embrace it and work out a visible balance but the ego wouldn’t allow it and now it’s biting her in the bum as she’s become what she previously looked down on
  • Week after week of lazy, boring phoned-in columns in The Guardian. No comments = no repeat visits to the pages. Can’t be going unnoticed at HQ
  • Has been talking about writing articles (eg basic things better than fancy like white bread v sourdough) - but clearly editors aren’t interested - she’s being offered advertorial pieces in Red as a consolation. Must be humiliating
  • The Cult Beauty Box. Poorly curated and badly handled. Not great for her reputation. It’s shown she’s not as powerful in the industry as she likes to think and has been well and truly eclipsed by the likes of Caroline Hirons at that sort of thing
None of this has been caused or created by Tattle 🤷‍♀️
Add to that her book was due to be published in April and has been put back twice I think now to September 2001. She said on the Fi Glover/ Jane Garvey podcast she was hoping to get stuck into writing it during lockdown but that hasn't happened. Hasn't said anywhere what it is, I don't think, apart from to say it's not beauty related.

She could have just said shoes gifted all other items purchased...🙄
She said on the caption to this morning's video that some products were either #presssamples or #gifted.
So that's very transparent.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.