Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sali's column - we have a 'cosseting' whoever put that forward for Sali bingo btw.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Sali's comment on someone else's "close down tattle video", she always pops up on these video. Must read here alot:
Screenshot_2020-05-16-09-17-56-439_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
"Most requested"
"heartening"
"not quite there yet" ...she's trolling us!
"pleasing"
Also sentences with so many sub clauses and multiple brackets you have to read then twice.

• Haha
  • Sad
Where are these "most requested" comments from? The Guardian comments are closed and you never see any column requests elsewhere. Is she really getting inundated with column requests privately?

It reminds me of when she did In The Bathroom with and she'd say "this was my most requested ITB" but the only name you'd see people ask about time and time again was Lisa Eldridge

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So it’s a column on zero-waste product that still requires supplementing with another non-zero waste product by her own admission. Jee, that’s so good for the environment and people’s finances.
4FA04FCF-1EFD-4D3A-BF52-34B8DCA56FE8.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think that she didn’t know but she can’t admit that. She has to seem like she knows everything. In fact she’s known for ages.

To not know would show she’s just copying and isn’t really a Ginsberg ‘fan’. Just she thought it was cool. Like kids wearing AC/DC T-shirts despite only listening to little mix (or whoever the pop trend is these days.)
Agree with this. Which is fine that she didn't know, but her behaviour since finding out is appalling. She obviously thought she couldn't respond outraged at the candle, as it's in her box, and she clearly wasn't willing to take it out. So out came the "it's just a name" defence. Really sickening.

Her comments about tattle are really starting to tire. I'm not unwell, or unhinged or unhappy or whatever it is shes calling us now. Everything I have said on here is the sort of thing that wouldn't be out of place in my work appraisal. And anything about her personal life is because she's put it on the internet to make money - though to be fair I don't think I've ever even mentioned her personal life. She just can't handle any criticism. And I'm not saying she can't be upset about being discussed, but it's the life she has chosen by becoming a journalist that the public are entitled to have an opinion. If she wants to make money out of her readers then she should be prepared for them to want to dissect how she is doing so if they desire.

There are a few more comments about the candle on British Beauty Blogger: https://britishbeautyblogger.com/skincare/cult-beauty-x-sali-hughes-beauty-box/

My phone is so low on storage I can't do screenshots - sorry!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Sali's comment on someone else's "close down tattle video", she always pops up on these video. Must read here alot:
View attachment 131343
Give it a rest Sali, think about why you have your thread and what causes the comments.

There’s nothing wrong with me, I’m happy , positive and it doesn’t suck to be me. I just don’t like you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
There are a few more comments about the candle on British Beauty Blogger: https://britishbeautyblogger.com/skincare/cult-beauty-x-sali-hughes-beauty-box/

My phone is so low on storage I can't do screenshots - sorry!
Thanks for posting that link - very interesting. I don't know much about BBB but she at least engages in a discussion in a non defensive fashion. The commenters really echo what others have been saying about that bloody candle.
They also bring up problematic Chanel.
I think Sali should 100% have done a mia culpa and just replaced the damn thing. Nobody would think any the less of her.

Thanks for posting that link - very interesting. I don't know much about BBB but she at least engages in a discussion in a non defensive fashion. The commenters really echo what others have been saying about that bloody candle.
They also bring up problematic Chanel.
I think Sali should 100% have done a mia culpa and just replaced the damn thing. Nobody would think any the less of her.
If anything they would have thought better of her for removing it - I know I would have!

she must spend hours trolling through FB and IG hoping to find a Tattle related post that she can jump on and then completely bastardise the back story behind her FIFTEEN threads

Reactions: 4
I’ve had something on my mind for a while now.

Meh to all of it TBH. The beauty box, the column, the affectations, the dressing for Leonard and also meh to myself for going round in circles every time I’m confronted with something related to how she feels about tattle.

My main issue is nothing to do with how she presents herself in product content, what’s in her column or anything along those lines. It’s always been directly related to her video that Friday, which sent me here... where I read every single thread and could not connect the dots between the video and what was being said here. That video was the one event that alerted me to question her version of the truth, because she has a very different view of what has been said here. There was also the snippy vibes I picked up on in the comments and replies on her IG channel.

We all perceive events through the lens in which we see. I genuinely think she doesn’t see it and never will. With that in mind, I really don’t see the point. I’m annoyed with myself for being so easily influenced by the whole influencer category - whether that’s stealth selling of a cleanser to spending money on a book I will never read...

I don’t want to be misrepresented (as part of this forum) by her. I am aware that she probably feels exactly the same way about what she reads on here. So I find myself
coming full circle and feeling MEH about it.

Not quite sure where this has come from but just wanted to put it out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That column🙄, buy these expensive cleansing bars, they last for ages but sorry love, none of them completely remove foundation.

You couldn’t make it up.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I expect she didn’t know about Ginsberg’s paedophilic links initially. But she first promoted that candle in 2013, and then had a piece in The Guardian about the same slogan on a jumper. She must have known for some time now. She simply doesn’t care, as was clear from her insta comments. She’s chosen to wear and promote that slogan as part of her attempted ‘lipstick, literature and liberalism’ cool girl shtick, and she’s not going to give it up easily.

Reactions: 9
I think BBB handled that exchange well, and I take her point that the real culprits are those that stand to profit from the sale of such an item eg Bella Freud, La Hughes & retailers. I despise faux intellectuals who like the cachet of a cool slogan rather actually understanding what they are talking about. Idiots.

I think BBB handled that exchange well, and I take her point that the real culprits are those that stand to profit from the sale of such an item eg Bella Freud, La Hughes & retailers. I despise faux intellectuals who like the cachet of a cool slogan rather actually understanding what they are talking about. Idiots.
Totally. It could be quite dangerous too - normalising disgusting people. I saw an exchange on Caroline Hirons group about the candle with most saying like here that they wouldn't want it in the house - but a couple of people saying well just turn the candle round or scratch off the name - but that isn't really the point is it? If you can't have a strong stance and feel utter revulsion about something like a child abuser then 🤷‍♀️ .

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes, that was autocorrect and you can’t edit here so by the time I noticed...
Yes, sorry. I found the same thing. Tattle itself seems to autocorrect nonce to ponce and pweirdo to weirdo. It’s so odd. If I click edit, then my original typing is still there, eg nonce, but when I click post/save it’s changed to ponce. So I ended up spacing it out 🤷🏻‍♀️ @admin??

ETA: see what I mean?! Here it is in edit:

02CE2E3F-F063-46E7-BE7B-9A233399E873.jpeg

Yes I agree, she’s brilliant at conversing with her followers. BUT. I don’t agree with her position. I don’t understand how she can say she’s not involved and beyond criticism because she didn’t make the candle?

Everyone from Bella Freud to the buyers at CB, Liberty and the rest, to SH, to Jenny Youpi Colgan. They share responsibility. This is how abuse happens: nobody will stick their head above the parapet and say: I draw the line here.

How are these the people we look up to? Ugh this candle thing has really upset me. It’s so Black Mirror. Frustrating beyond belief that the people who have the loudest voice can live with themselves when they promote this sort of rotten behaviour.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.