Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“shop the box” is incinerating my piss!!
Me too. I don't think the word 'buy' - i.e. pay money for - has been used once in the marketing of this box. It's either 'shop it' or 'get hold of' or 'get your hands on'. The Cult Beauty blurb even talks about 'gaining access'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I see she is now going for it on Twitter flogging the box too by retweeting gushing comments. I have no idea how many of these things are usually flogged but I will hazard a guess that even if only 20 were sold she would hail it as a huge success.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
That crappy box was planned (sorry, “curated”) a year in advance?
I am wondering if it's worth getting one of those lights for job interviews over skype.
It has genuinely crossed my mind too. I need all the help I can get these days. (That said, I’m not sure I’d survive the first real-life encounter after that 😂.) Good luck with your application.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don’t doubt conversations about the box started happening a year ago, but as Biossance announced it was coming to the UK in January and started being sold by Cult Beauty in March this year, but still managed to make it into the box, I think it’s a bit much to suggest there was zero flexibility and her hands were tied.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Absolutely. I’ve mentioned before how Biossance started blatantly courting all of the influencers a few months ago. It doesn’t add up.

Reactions: 5
British Beauty Blogger lists the box contents as including 'Bella Freud Ginsbery is God candle'. I wonder who/what she thinks Ginsbery is.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I am wondering if it's worth getting one of those lights for job interviews over skype. Got a 90min Skype interview/presentation for a civil sevice job...
You've probably seen the advice that's been around recently about how to look good on Skype, Zoom etc. If not, Angie (HotandFlashy) did a useful video the other week - how to position your laptop, how to find the most flattering light etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So are influencers deliberately fudging the name of the candle to claim ignorance? If so, that is genius! And démonstrative of a level of manipulation I could only wish to come up with. This is why they’ll weather the CoVid storm. They’re super smart.

Reactions: 8
Ruth Crilly enjoys being both deliberately obtuse and whiny about the standards expected re: declaring ADs.

I'm reassured that she was given a box of freebies when she lives in a large Georgian(I think?) house, in these trying times :rolleyes:

• Angry
Reactions: 7
So are influencers deliberately fudging the name of the candle to claim ignorance? If so, that is genius! And démonstrative of a level of manipulation I could only wish to come up with. This is why they’ll weather the CoVid storm. They’re super smart.
I don't think Jane is, to be fair. She's usually scrupulously honest (but does make the odd typo).

Reactions: 4
So far we’ve got:

(Ruth Bader) Ginsburg 👩🏻‍⚖️
Ginsing 🍵
Ginsbery (Dewberry for the 2020s?) 🍓

And Nadine Baggot very much getting the intended message: “Sali’s just the epitome of a ‘Ginsberg is God’ cool girl...” but presumably not aware of the pweirdo link?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't think Jane is, to be fair. She's usually scrupulously honest (but does make the odd typo).
The writing on the box/candle could easily be read as 'Ginsbery' if you didn't know what it said.

Reactions: 1
And Nadine Baggot very much getting the intended message: “Sali’s just the epitome of a ‘Ginsberg is God’ cool girl...” but presumably not aware of the pweirdo link?
:LOL::ROFLMAO:😆 the influencer industry really does deserve it’s own comedy sketch show

• Haha
Reactions: 9
UGH. How's Nadine looking these days, by the way :D?
I’ve never followed people like Nadine and AMR, it’s a whole new world. Nadine’s got a nice manner, I now see why people find Sali’s videos so unengaging. The narcissism of AMR and Hirons is astounding, but when people respond with adulation and obsession to your every move then I guess it’s a risk. 😬

Nadine is the only one I've got time for. Her advice is succinct and good, I think.
The others are all shady and like the sound of their own voices too much, IMO. 😩

Interesting that La Hughes has put a shot of Mary Greenwell doing her wedding make-up on Insta (on a post wishing Sam McKnight happy birthday). So it wasn’t Lisa Eldridge who ‘fucked up’ her wedding make-up & that can’t be the reason why they have such a tepid relationship.

Is her box thing today? Did she deprive us of an IGTV talking about the candle? Not awkward surely?

Interesting that La Hughes has put a shot of Mary Greenwell doing her wedding make-up on Insta (on a post wishing Sam McKnight happy birthday). So it wasn’t Lisa Eldridge who ‘fucked up’ her wedding make-up & that can’t be the reason why they have such a tepid relationship.
that was her second wedding. Think she used that photo as she obviously had to include herself when wishing Sam McKnight a happy birthday. Maybe there aren’t any photos of him on his own on the internet.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.