Sali Hughes #15 Ugg slipper, a red lip, when dressing for Leonard don't let standards slip

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god, I just had to look this up! I don’t know her but hahahahaha

Reactions: 2
"Ginseng is god" is an improvement, I've got to say. Still, I am cringing with embarrassment just listening to her

Influencers are beyond parody at this point

• Haha
Reactions: 9
*It must be exhausting having to tactically plan your kiss-arsing and sucker-upping, in order to try to infiltrate various social circles you covet entry in to.

*My unrequested thought if the day.
I reckon your thought of the day is bang on the money. It’s actually embarrassing to see.

Reactions: 4
Ginseng is God

PMSL

So how is her getting this free and posting about it not an ad?

"Columnist, author and beauty authority, Sali Hughes road tests the latest and greatest to help her community navigate all of the industry noise and avoid wasting money on 'so-sos' and 'no-gos' - a quest that is close to our heart. That's why we're ecstatic to bring you her crème de la crème in a Cult Beauty Box overflowing with Holy Grail heroes, all hand-picked by Sali herself."

The blurb on the Cult Beauty site is laughable.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ginseng is God

PMSL

So how is her getting this free and posting about it not an ad?

"Columnist, author and beauty authority, Sali Hughes road tests the latest and greatest to help her community navigate all of the industry noise and avoid wasting money on 'so-sos' and 'no-gos' - a quest that is close to our heart. That's why we're ecstatic to bring you her crème de la crème in a Cult Beauty Box overflowing with Holy Grail heroes, all hand-picked by Sali herself."

The blurb on the Cult Beauty site is laughable.
Even more so in hindsight, having seen the contents of the box.

Reactions: 1
It's cynical and misleading, the way boxes like that are priced. It's worth what you paid for it, and not a penny more, because the whole thing has been calculated to turn a profit through volume. And of course there is no way in hell anyone was planning on buying those exact same things individually.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It's
I feel a bit mean saying this, but there's a person - another beauty influencer I think - enthusiatically unboxing the box on SH's Stories who seems to think the candle is in praise of ginseng.
It's Cher Webb. Oh dear! I really like her.

"Ginseng is god" is an improvement, I've got to say. Still, I am cringing with embarrassment just listening to her

Influencers are beyond parody at this point
maybe Sali’s been quiet because she’s been busy with a gold sharpie? Hand correcting each candle before the boxes are dispatched?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It's cynical and misleading, the way boxes like that are priced. It's worth what you paid for it, and not a penny more, because the whole thing has been calculated to turn a profit through volume. And of course there is no way in hell anyone was planning on buying those exact same things individually.
I bet it could be even less expensive if they didn't send so many freebies out to "influencers". Plebs can pay full cost, blue tickers can have them for free.

I bet it could be even less expensive if they didn't send so many freebies out to "influencers". Plebs can pay full cost, blue tickers can have them for free.
Sorry, I apologize for my tone. I just get sick of that industry. It's so disingenuous.

Last edited:
  • Angry
I feel a bit mean saying this, but there's a person - another beauty influencer I think - enthusiatically unboxing the box on SH's Stories who seems to think the candle is in praise of ginseng.
An attempt at rebranding? 😂

“Ginseng is God’ has to go into the next thread title.

• Heart
ginseng is God is absolutely hilarious! Surprised Sali would share that in her stories, an attempt to deflect from the unsavoury nature and make it sound like some kind of wellness candle?

Sorry, I apologize for my tone. I just get sick of that industry. It's so disingenuous.
Don't apologise. It absolutely, to quote Sali herself "boils my piss" too

Reactions: 5
Ruth Bader Ginseng is not only a hugely influential Supreme Court judge but also smells divine!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Wow Sally* is so on the ball! Teasing us on insta for a retinol special! It's only been a key ingredient since oooo three decades? And been even in boots for at least three years? She is such an amazing journalist tirelessly working to turn our beefy faces into calf faces! #CatchingUpWithCaroline

*What's in a name?

• Haha
Ruth Bader Ginseng is not only a hugely influential Supreme Court judge but also smells divine!
Great energy levels too!

Wow Sally* is so on the ball! Teasing us on insta for a retinol special! It's only been a key ingredient since oooo three decades? And been even in boots for at least three years? She is such an amazing journalist tirelessly working to turn our beefy faces into calf faces! #CatchingUpWithCaroline

*What's in a name?
Will she mention prescription retinol, the best of them all? No, just the high end ones. Or maybe she will after one of her mates passes this on. As we all know she definitely 100% never ever reads here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Ah I love Cher Webb, she’s such a nice person and I love the fact she’s given me a massive laugh ‘Ginseng is God’ and (of course) you guys have given me a huge LOLs at your comments on this! I am pissing myself here.

Cher hardly ever declares products sent to her as ADs. She’s very likeable though (in my opinion).

Also Sali has always railed against retinol .... I did hear her say she was using it during lockdown because she could manage the ‘side effects’ or something like that.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I wonder about behind the scenes. When Caroline H was selling her kits on the Friday she took at swipe at others who had ‘announced’ that week. To use her words - we see you. I wonder if this was SH. Coincidence that they both had Dr Dennis pads in their boxes, although I think Carolines box has a bigger size but I am not sure so please correct me if I am wrong. In fairness to Hirons her kits seemed to be a lot more bang for your buck and Sali’s box pales in comparison. Sali must be seething as in her quest to be a journo she has fallen behind the likes of Hirons who I am sure she looks down on. I may be reading too much into it (too much time on my hands) but this post on Sali’s Instagram (last sentence) made me wonder if it was a swipe at everything that went down on Caroline’s sale day with the site crashing etc and loads of people being stressed. I can’t see the same happening on launch day tomorrow for Sali

Attachments

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.