Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
I feel like an idiot! All this time I thought the "Ginsberg is God" slogan was in reference to Ruth Bader Ginsberg. Thankfully I don't own any of the overpriced tat 😂😂
i think I could have been tempted if it was in support of Ruth :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Hunnaybadgerz

Catching up. That Vogue piece is hilarious! Total bs. Susie Cave was NOT a friend she asked tvw to make her a dress and Susie does not make the dresses herself, but has the ideas, which others sketch and design, if she knew her she would know that!
Also Brighton doesn’t have a “drag club” but drag nights. She is a lying name dropping, erm curator! Such a try hard its unreal.

• Wow

Badabing101

VIP Member
There has been some interesting pieces on the food donations over the past few days - I can imagine it’s the same for beauty related donations.

cholulamare

Chatty Member
Hi, long time lurker here, not posted before as most of my thoughts have already been expressed in a more articulate fashion than I could type. But I am genuinely shocked by that exchange between Sam Chapman a Lauren. They're joking about a child abuser, whose actions will have ruined people's lives. It's not a fucking joke. Would they joke about Jimmy Savile on Instagram? No, cos he's not a cool beat poet.

There's lots of reasons survivors of child sexual abuse don't come forward or talk about it - they'll be shamed, laughed at, told to get over it, or their abuser has a position in society and is still respected. What are these women doing? Supposedly smart, empathetic women reinforcing all that shit. To sell a fucking candle.
Yes, I totally agree and I should've put a trigger warning on that post but I can't seem to edit it now - sincere apologies if it has upset anyone.

I've only just started posting here as well, still haven't read all the previous threads (overwhelming!) but it's considerably more innocuous than I thought from The Video and mostly voicing thoughts I've had recently about her disingenuousness. The idea of a site/thread like this does seem nasty on the surface (and there may well be nasty posts on previous threads, I don't know), but it's opened my eyes to some of the more blatant soft selling & SH's transformation from writer/journalist to influencer that I'd previously wilfully ignored. I adored her when she started her Guardian column and found her no bullshit/only what works ethos so refreshing, but it's just not possible to keep that up when you have brand partnerships with *deep breath* Selfridges, John Lewis, Bobbi Brown, Neutrogena, Laura Mercier, Yves Saint Laurent, Lancôme, Clinique, Aveda, Triumph lingerie, Boden, Fit Flop, Babyliss, Clarins, Estée Lauder, Body Shop, Brown Thomas, Beauty Pie, Boots No7, Liberty London, Frederic Malle "and many others" (source: previously linked agent's website).

• Wow
  • Sad

Disillusioned

VIP Member
I don’t understand why more people aren’t calling her out on the Ginsberg candle.

It’s absolutely sickening and in the worst possible taste. SURELY even she can see that?!
And as soon as she’s seen the discussion here, she’ll dismiss the whole thing as a Tattle pile on.

It’s just so wrong: these woke right-on women brushing child sex abuse under the carpet because they got their heads turned by a ‘cool’ quote?

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
I'm sure I recall her defensively talking about how expensive postage was a reason for not having a wider range of testers, although I thought being a tester was the incentive dangled in front of those who joined her site.

I remember being really surprised in Pretty Honest when she mentioned she had a skin condition serious enough to require medical management, because surely if you're not even starting with 'normal' skin, how can you possibly give a view on skincare? When BTL comments were allowed, often someone chimed in saying that, actually, the cream SH had said wasn't greasy/rich enough was really greasy, sometimes even with comparative examples which made them sound more expert than SH herself.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I think BBB handled that exchange well, and I take her point that the real culprits are those that stand to profit from the sale of such an item eg Bella Freud, La Hughes & retailers. I despise faux intellectuals who like the cachet of a cool slogan rather actually understanding what they are talking about. Idiots.
Totally. It could be quite dangerous too - normalising disgusting people. I saw an exchange on Caroline Hirons group about the candle with most saying like here that they wouldn't want it in the house - but a couple of people saying well just turn the candle round or scratch off the name - but that isn't really the point is it? If you can't have a strong stance and feel utter revulsion about something like a child abuser then 🤷‍♀️ .

• Heart

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
I honestly think that’s just the sense of humour she and Lucy Mangan share, and that they’re pretty close. It’s similar to the ‘bantz’ she shared with her besties on GTL. It looks weird and off in public.
I agree to a certain extent, that it's 'banter' and probably how they act to each other. However, telling thousands of people that your husband would divorce you if he knew what you were really like is a fucking low blow, even for lark about mates like that. And that's essentially what she did there. It's unpleasant. Reminds me of the way she picks at her assistant about Tattle, she pretends it is lighthearted, but it's pointy as fuck.

She's a jellyfish.

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
I always wonder why no one does a beauty box that is all sachets...like 500 sachets for £50. Try every product in every range!

The only reason I can think it's not been done is because brands don't actually want you to be able to do a proper comparison for yourself....

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
It’s in the Biossance squalane and vitamin C rose oil. I’m a little disappointed in your lack of deep knowledge of the contents of this box, @Jelly Bean. Sali’s been hand-curating it for the last year, FFS. The least you could do is pay attention. 🙄
😂 :oops:
I suppose the clue is in the name there.
Poor Sali's labour of love is wasted on this beef face.

:m:m:m

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
"Hours of fun" with nail stickers that cost £16!
I know! I was so shocked at that price - I presumed they were about £1.50 from Claire's Accessories.
I too am sick to the back teeth of people like Sali earnestly telling us to look on this lockdown as 'me time' and the ideal opportunity for self care. A small proportion of people, I imagine, are either financially and/or mentally able or willing to look upon it like that. Tone deaf. Again.

Lemsipmax

Thank you so much for making me feel better @Jelly Bean & @Spanner.

Yes definitely makes you wonder what’s behind those likes. And shows how easily misunderstandings occur.

I was actually thinking about the possibility of a journalist taking up the the topic of the candle.

Hey, this posting business is actually fun 😂!
Carry on but just get your cat flap reinforced just in case...

• Haha