Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

melfish

VIP Member
It is the fact she is essentially a hypocrite, it may be that she is a deluded hypocrite by not realising the gap between what she says and her actions. The video above where were was interviewed and she states ‘I’m not so bothered by wrinkles.’ And yet she has a forehead that doesn’t really move from Botox from her Mayfair clinic. In my mind that is hypocritical and l would love to understand why she thinks it isn’t or maybe she doesn’t even analyse it that deeply.

If she wasn’t getting Botox and had lines between her brows/ on forehead would she be ‘not so bothered about wrinkles‘?

If she just said - l get Botox as l prefer not to have lines around this section of my face but around my eyes l am not so bothered - then l could understand that. We are not stupid people - despite the fact in her mind we are all ‘Trolls’ for simply noticing this discrepancy.

Maybe for her as long as what she does state is arguably true and what she omits or edits from what she says therefore doesn’t count. E.g Right now I am not so bothered by wrinkles is true but omitted from that is ‘now that l have all my forehead related wrinkles taken care of by Botox’
I know. A little self-deprecating concession on this topic would alter my perception of her (a little bit). It's human and real. I get her point that she has no obligation to tell everyone what she has had done, and that's true generally speaking, BUT when you make your own career about aspirational skincare and makeup AND you are flogging the stuff, you need to be more transparent. She was asked a direct question, and she obfuscated. Wasn't there a time when she mocked celebs for answering "Pond's cream" when asked about their perfect complexions? How is answering "concealer" any different?

Yes she said it was to correct a "wonky top lip"

Here's what she wrote about contouring before:

For someone who adores makeup, I find the current craze for contouring a bit saddening. It appears that not only were our arses too fat and our mons pubis too hairy, but now our heads are the wrong shape, too, and need faceting like an emerald before we can so much as nip to the Co-op.
Total hypocrisy. She makes these arbitrary distinctions as though they nullify negate anything she personally chooses to do. She takes such a hard stance against a thing when she does exactly the same TYPE of thing herself. It's really splitting hairs to separate them, isn't it? I do think she's not all that self-aware

There are some great thread title suggestions here but can I put in a plea for it not to be a rhyming one, please? They do my head in, sorry, boil my piss, give me a nervo, etc 😀.

Although obviously this one is great 👀.
I am not a fan of the rhymes either, in poetry or elsewhere. It's too Dr Seuss

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Bored of blue tick types trying to point out silver linings during this time.
How has this changed Sali's working week at all? She always said she disliked and turned down most industry events and was 'too busy with multiple jobs' for facials. She tweets and gets packages delivered the same. Minus the train makeup selfies nothing has changed for her, so presumably she has the same amount of free time as before?

• Angry
  • Heart

Raker

VIP Member
Ooh, a Hitler candle! Or maybe you could personalise and collect an entire set of Nuremberg faves? F.A.N.C.Y!!

I don’t know, she can argue about full size/ small size/definitely not mini til the cows come home/all boxes are shifted (delete as appropriate), but this awful candle keeps coming back to the forefront of my mind.

Can you imagine if Owen Jones or someone was selling T-shirts with that phrase, instead of Bella F? She’d be apoplectic

• Haha

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
I was curious about the ingredients list for the Sarah Chapman Skin Insurance ["works on most skin tones" in their promotion vid = we all know what that means] and wondering... were they... were they high when they came up with them? I mean...

Vederine, Celligent, Melanostatine, Buddleja Davidii, BeauPlex
to name a few. It sounds like a middle-class classroom from 2050

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Tbf to the Chapman sisters, one of them, when asked about her good skin genes answered something like - 'Not good skin genes but good cosmetic doctors' (or something very loosely along those lines).
I know Sali says she has addressed the Botox issue but a few discrete mentions ages ago are not enough imo.
She uses her own face as a billboard for products and 100% I think ethically needs to let it be common knowledge that she has treatments. If she was selling books, clothes, food then absolutely it is nobody's business.

• Heart

Disillusioned

VIP Member
I assume Dennis Gross must know where the bodies are buried or something, because every influencer hypes those (wasteful) exfoliating pads, and they give me awful cystic spots. My skin isn’t sensitive or anything. Same with the Zelens pads.

I’m so negative, sorry 😂.
Anyone remember when SH used to go on about how wasteful using cotton wool was, like some holier than thou eco warrior? Look at her now, digging herself out of a pile of Drunk Elephant plastic pots and fucking spatulas! 🙄🙄

• Haha

Disillusioned

VIP Member
"Just a surname" as it fits her current agenda..

I dunno if I'm being super picky but RBGs surname is spelt differently. So having to change the meaning of a candle as they are a weirdo to honour someone else whose name is spelt differently kinda shows the candle should not be a thing..
That is beyond disingenuous. Really craven. Hiding behind ‘It’s a film quote’. Yes, and...? It’s still deifying a pweirdo.

Plus the film is the one Bella Freud was involved with - a conscious choice to take that line, commodify it and profit from it. Yuk.

• Sick

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Breathe easy, lads! They’re currently shoving pale shades of CC cream into Sali boxes in the Cult Beauty warehouse... Relax, Karen!

7913C2E3-463C-4F93-850D-1E8E5AFE24BF.jpeg

• Haha

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
Not so much recently but she did in early columns claim that both groomed brows and false eyelashes are as rejuvenating as Botox and that the key to a youthful appearance is white teeth.
Now she claims not to be concerned about ageing and wrinkles and to want glow from her skincare, neglevtong to mention she's got the anti ageing bit covered by regular Botox. In the Vogue piece about her wedding she mentioned getting her usual hair extensions but not anything about any injectibles (though gave a shout out to her Botox practitioner). There was another article she did recently of her beauty address book where under the heading of anti-ageing she went on about Vitamin C - no mention of any other help in that department.
Much longer ago there was the debacle of the photo shopped image to accompany a column which apparently had been submitted and published by mistake but which SH happily shared on Instagram the day the column was published - no mention that a misleading photo had been used.
This is the column - there are loads of comments about it.
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion...ali-hughes?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Samsung_Notes
just had a good read of the comments on that Graun post. Saddest part was Alkistis fighting Sali’s corner so valiantly and naively when Sali detested her, or more particularly her knowledge about products and ingredients. I really hope Alkistis is someone on here who has woken up to the lies and lack of integrity oozing from Sali’s airbrushed, ringlighted pores.

• Sad

Jade Mitzi

VIP Member
I’m sure it was too and guessing that was @Jelly Bean ‘s intention.

Sali’s touting Hershesons in her column/IG etc etc is now surely beyond all pretence of being impartial. We know she does it for the #presstreatment which is just another way for her to be shady and disingenuous about her Ad affiliations. She is no doubt hoping by keeping the number of mentions embarrassingly high she will be top of the list when they reopen.

she feels so bad for these salons, still won’t make her actually pay though.

Mselvista

VIP Member
Lose "these", it sounds like you're on about two writers created by Addison and Blackwell instead of the show they created.
Also, knowing "how people tick" is not a thing, it's knowing what makes people do so.

Attachments

• Haha

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
If posting a video about Chanel, shouldn't she be required to disclose the Chanel pressday/photoshoot she did a few months ago?

(Unsurprisingly Sali insists that the coconut oil in the Chanel replacement won't break people out, because she didn't break out and because she asked Chanel's PR about it...)

• Haha
  • Sick

Yel

Chatty Member
@Yel - whose video did Sali jack-in-the-box into? She must have some kind of alert set up to monitor this!
Katy heyes markup (no me neither..)

Sali must obsessively read here to always pop up in others posts to talk about herself 😆

That should be makeup but I want to leave in the autocorrect as it's somewhat apt with infuencers and the shit they pedal 😁

• Haha

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
Oh god the heady days of her liking the pics of someone’s children as some sort of warning.
Sal must be a nightmare at Parents evening. Her kids will have done the syllabus before it’s been announced.
She knows she’s peaked and is scrambling. There are too many people on Instagram and other socials who know their shit. She’s out of her depth with scientist and derms talking about ingredients when she gets the info from a press release. She really is going to have to up her game to stay relevant. She’s so in her white middle class Brighton bubble she’s alienating everyone else.
Much like Jack Monroe she’s missed the opportunity lockdown could of provided. I’m loving Jane over at BBB going through the archive of what she has. There’s some real treats in there that bring so many memories. Sali could of done videos talking through the items in Pretty Iconic and adding new ones to the mix. Some behind the scenes gossip about her brief stint as a makeup artist. Virtual in the bathroom with.
She’s stuck with the cold popular girl schtick and it’s tiresome. I think she feels like she doesn’t owe us any transparency with what she does re tweakments as it’s IRL. Unfortunately with social and influencing you can’t have one foot out.

• Heart