Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
Hot and flashy does excellent before and after photos, identical angles and lighting like medical photography should be.

My latest disappointment is Dr Anjali Mahto who wrote the Skincare Bible ex-NHS derm now Harley St, and on Charlotte Darhling Tilbury's ridiculous serum claim hour long promo vid. Complete with newmadeupingredientsTM named by marketing departments and with healing crystals. SMH after a whole chapter in her book about how dishonest companies prey and profit off people's skincare insecurities.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I'd never heard of Sarah Ditum. Still struggling with the concept that blue tickers are 'braver' than other women.
I wonder how many nurses, doctors, care workers, firefighters, teachers, checkout people etc etc are blue tickers but yes - sure Jan.

• Sick

Disillusioned

VIP Member
I feel a bit mean saying this, but there's a person - another beauty influencer I think - enthusiatically unboxing the box on SH's Stories who seems to think the candle is in praise of ginseng.
An attempt at rebranding? 😂

“Ginseng is God’ has to go into the next thread title.

• Heart

Disillusioned

VIP Member
Just in case anyone missed today’s Hershesons promo, there’s a double down in the Insta comments... 🥱

653CAB69-B495-4366-B9A8-00EDE45ABFDA.jpeg

E82A4181-CC0A-4215-BC5A-6D40F32B6B0E.jpeg

#nailedit #diggingdeep #FFS

• Sick
  • Angry

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I had a quick look at Caroline Hirons FB to see the response. Lacklustre I would say - with a very unscientific count looking like at least three quarters of commenters would not bother. Biggest sticking points seem to be the candle (same reasons given here), and the CC cream. A lot of people find it just too greasy, plus it has snail mucin in. Though Sali did not say the collection was vegan, she did say it was cruelty free, and opinion is divided how the mucin is harvested - some say the snail has to be put in a 'stressed' state to produce it.
Also Caroline's own kit (just released I think) has the Dennis Gross pads.

Mselvista

VIP Member
Oh dear, looks like SH is a little out of practice on the writing front. "And" would have been better than "which" unless she means the novel ticks promises to tick all her boxes?
20200510_145332.jpg

Think you want "meaning" there, Sal, not "means".

20200510_145315.jpg

• Haha

Aude

VIP Member
Think she used that photo as she obviously had to include herself when wishing Sam McKnight a happy birthday. Maybe there aren’t any photos of him on his own on the internet.
...or any photos of him with, say, Princess Diana or Kate Moss or Naomi Campbell.

Clearly it's up to SH how she wants to curate her online profile but marking someone's birthday by posting four photographs of yourself is not hugely endearing.

• Haha
  • Heart

Hereforthefacts

Chatty Member
€155? Surely if you had that cash to spend you'd select your own most wanted products (my list is endless) and not Sali's ??

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
We should keep a list. It’s fine when it’s Allen Ginsberg (because; cool) and fine when Woody Allen is accused (because; funny)

It’s not fine when it’s the average Joe sex offender.
Are there class undertones to men's fuckedupness in general?
Upper-middle class - he's creative, misunderstood, philosopher, adventurous
Working class - 'wrong'un' 'just look at him'.

Different amounts of mud are required before it starts to stick

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
she just is bankrupt in the scruples department isn’t she? It’s hard sell in pantomime form. Her vocation is QVC, at least it would be an honest living, not dressing it up as something else.
She really should be in the influencer section in my humble opinion.

Aude

VIP Member
I vaguely remembered undeclared use of Botox being mentioned in the first post on the first SH thread. I looked it up just now and it was. I also found this - which was I think the third post on the first thread.

'Used to admire SH as she has worked hard for her influencer fame but I think she has been soft selling for years. She either tags her new dresses, jumpers etc or only answers questions asking where her clothes are from.
Her massive forehead is looking odd now because the rest of her face is not tight. That is her prerogative. My issue is she sells anti aging products which she swears by but she never admits she has been using botox for years. ( so they don't work that well then)
She has always been upfront about the products she flogs being sent for free.
She is very litigious and was furious with mumsnet a few years ago when calling her out. If she finds this thread she will react with all guns blazing.
Finally her books like all influencer books are shit. A photo of a jar of Vaseline/ ljpstick/nail varnish at al with a paragraph on it being iconic ffs she got paid for that.'

JH1980

It’s just a name 😏View attachment 134576

Just good skincare, guys! Nothing to do with the regular Botox, fillers, facials and obscene ring light 😡

View attachment 134579

Good example of SH not lying but not disclosing the whole story and the most important parts of the reason behind her amazing skin. Probably resulting in the poster spending £52 on 30ml for the Skin Insurance product and hence contributing to her ‘Delia effect on sales’ industry reputation.

• Angry
  • Sad

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I wonder why she even started mentioning legal terms? Sucks all the joy out of what should be a fun light-hearted venture.
And when I worked in retail (Saturday job in the local deli donkey's years ago but it still counts) it was drummed into us the customer is king. You might think a customer is an absolute twat but you don't argue with them and tell them they are wrong. There are ways and means of handling people politely.

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
No I think it’s more kind of astute/quick witted. Reminds me of American mags I read about 10/15 years ago when I lived abroad 🙄

It's a deffo a cosmo thing isn't it.' The new It girl is into indie, whip smart (yes she read books guys), gets your weird pop cultural references and will watch caddyshack on repeat with you. '

It's also got shades of that old manic pixie girl troupe. Making your personality palatable to a male audience